DS #2949: Chrono Trigger DS (Japan)

do_ob

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys!

I've read from page ~60 to now and I can't find anything similar to my problem...

I'm trying to get CT to work (obviously) and have d/led the newest cheat.dat and usrcheat.dat... I ofc only put *1* onto my R4DS with YSMenu, but when I switch it on and go to the rom, it doesn't seem to recognise that the cheat is there...

I had this problem before: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=109...p;#entry1466156
but after switching to ysmenu it seemed to have sorted it. The problem seems to have come back now.

It can't be the R4 or flashcard as I've replaced both since that time. I also copied all my games to a folder on my hard drive before doing a full format on my flashcard and putting everything back on (ysmenu, cheat.dat etc fresh reinstall on the card)

Any suggestions?
smile.gif

Goobaman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You mean that the cheat function isn't available right? That's the same problem I'm having, and the only reason it would be so is if the rom you have is pre-patched, like mine. Destructobot pointed out that the patch changes the ID of the rom, so the cheats don't recognize the game. If you KNOW your rom's not patched, then good luck lol.

do_ob

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Goobaman said:
You mean that the cheat function isn't available right? That's the same problem I'm having, and the only reason it would be so is if the rom you have is pre-patched, like mine. Destructobot pointed out that the patch changes the ID of the rom, so the cheats don't recognize the game. If you KNOW your rom's not patched, then good luck lol.

Yeah it's unpatched... also other roms that don't have cheats displayed are (currently on my card) dragon ball origins and castlevania: OoE.

Ugh
hate2.gif

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Haven't started playing yet, I'm trying to beat a PSP game before I move on to this. What's the Silver Sword everyone is talking about, anyway? I played this game such a long time ago I don't remember most things...

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Noitora said:
I just defeated the first boss, I'm at level 10 (Crono) what's you level tempers?
I just got to 10,000BC and am at about level 25. It's going to start becoming a challenge with the golems!

QUOTEWhat's the Silver Sword everyone is talking about, anyway? I played this game such a long time ago I don't remember most things...

It's a renamed weapon for Crono that you get fairly early in the game. I believe it used to be called lode sword. Correct me if I'm wrong.

zengar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
well, I'm the last genius who patched his rom and deleted the whole card using dstt
ph34r.gif

oh well...I just lost my...urgh...FF4 save...urgh...wanna...faint....
so guys please, backup your card before using the patched rom on dstt.

anyway, I didn't tried to run the cheat.dat, anyone with dstt tried?

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
do_ob: Try creating a cheat file that only has the Chrono Trigger fix in it and see if that works. Alternately, use DSATM to patch the codes into the Chrono Trigger rom yourself. I wouldn't use the patch that's floating around, I don't think it was created properly.

ShadowXP

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cannot get this to work on an Acekard 2. The patched ROM gives me 2 white screens and the codes don't work - I have selected the non-M3/Sakura code, saved it, loaded the game the blue screen still loops. Any ideas?
wacko.gif

Rhuarc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zengar said:
well, I'm the last genius who patched his rom and deleted the whole card using dstt
ph34r.gif

oh well...I just lost my...urgh...FF4 save...urgh...wanna...faint....
so guys please, backup your card before using the patched rom on dstt.

anyway, I didn't tried to run the cheat.dat, anyone with dstt tried?

Yeah, I did this as well, even lost my save to the same game you did! LoL...

Anyway, I finally did get the patch working for me on the TTDS... I am using the large cheat database that they released here. At first when I tried it I was using Yasu on my TTDS with 1.16. I confirmed that cheats were working for CT (tried the 999 life one and it worked) but the copy protection patch was not working.

I then tried using the original 1.16 menu (not Yasu) and it worked great! It must be something in the way that Yasu is enabling that particular cheat that is causing it to stop working. Hopefully there will be an update for that menu at some point.

Hope this helps others who may be having the same problems I was!

Thanks!
Rhuarc

zengar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
oh well, since I wiped out my whole card, I can install the original 1.16 menu without regrets, it's alla blank now
wtf.gif

thanks for the hint, I'll go with the cheat database later
wink.gif

lachinay

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
sub said:
Hello

Anyone with DS-Xtreme managed to get it to work ?

Like everyone with DS-X know, the team has stopped the support. So we always need to use MaxCrassMethod to get new roms to work.

The thing is... When I only patch the rom with the fix, it dont start because i need to apply Arm7fix, but if I apply arm7fix is impossible to apply ChronoFix because i get a 0mb file ....

can't you just patch the clean rom and then swap the arm7.bin file by hand? I assume "MaxCrass" is just a fancy name for that...

lachinay

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Destructobot said:
do_ob: Try creating a cheat file that only has the Chrono Trigger fix in it and see if that works. Alternately, use DSATM to patch the codes into the Chrono Trigger rom yourself. I wouldn't use the patch that's floating around, I don't think it was created properly.

The problem as far as I know it's not in the patch, but in the included .bat file. Anyone with a little bit of knowledge can read the bat file and deduce what to do with xdelta. I'm playing the patched rom (on R4) and so far it works flawlessly... i got in the past, got frog in the party, played the organ etc etc

if you want a better explanation, look for my post somewhere in the last 40 pages, I wrote exactly what to do
smile.gif

Lametta

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
Killermech said:
Lametta said:
I tried both fixes and I tried the DSATM editing rom mode but I can't make it work on my Acekard 2.
The only game that works it's with the unpatched one but it has the first time warp bug
frown.gif

anyone succeed to make CT work on AK 2?

Yep, I'm using AKAIO 1.2. Added the latest cheat database, checked the one to bypass the loop checks and it's working good here.
Thanks a lot, I solved my problem! Now at least the first time warp works fine
yaynds.gif

Goshogun1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Destructobot said:
It has nothing to do with soft reset. Several people have reported that going into the arena seems to disable the codes.

Actually, I just did 3 tests which proves what I said is true. Not trying to prove you wrong out of spite, I just believe I am right judging from my test results. At the games title screen, without ever going into the Arena, I first pressed L+R+Start+Select to reset the game. Note: This is the games own built-in soft reset, and NOT the M3 real soft reset that you can toggle on/off before loading the game. Every time I did the soft reset at the games title screen, and then loaded my game after the reset, the copy protection kicked in, and the time-warp always gets stuck.

Then I loaded my game 3 times without ever soft resetting, and it worked perfectly each time.
After that I loaded the arena each time before loading my save, and the time-warp worked without any problems. So, yes the in-game soft reset disables the codes on the M3 Real. The M3 real soft reset is fine though, as it takes me back before the game is even loaded. And also, I always have the cheat switch on, without any manual way to disable in-game. Please try this yourself if you are in doubt of what I say.

So in closing, do not use the games built-in soft reset, as it shuts off the protection codes. It's kind of annoying, because using that would have made going back and forth between the arena easier. Oh well, you can use the arena before each game session though.

hellklown

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
hellklowndumpster.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Mexico
A little off-topic but i was just about to ask about the arena/softreset issue (scrolling though 80+ pages takess a while). Thanks to everyone for helping bypass the copy protection, at last I can play my favorite rpg on the go (I don't have a PSP, so I couldn't play the PSX version)
Some noobish questions:
- is the M3 Real soft reset the same as the one in the M3Simply??
- the arena mode works without issues (issues like connection errors, data corruption)??
Thanks in advance
smile.gif

Goshogun1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hellklown said:
- is the M3 Real soft reset the same as the one in the M3Simply??
- the arena mode works without issues (issues like connection errors, data corruption)??
Thanks in advance
smile.gif

I believe it is the same reset that the M3 Simply had. So far the Arena works great. It's kind of addictive though, so watch out. There is no wi-fi, only wireless, so I can't imagine it would have a connection error. Also, I don't think it will corrupt your data by using it.

ranx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
it appears that the game crashs too on EZ5/EZ5+, even if applying last kernel 1.86d (which is suppose to fix the game)
Does someone have already post smth to overcome this issue, or do we have to wait for a new fix ?

UltraMagnus

hic sunt dracones
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
so.... after what must have been a dozen attempts I have got the "cheat" to work on my acekard2 and can confirm it gets me past the first portal.

for those that do not know, you have to download one of the db files from cheats.gbatemp.net , put it into the /__ak2/cheats/ dir on your microSD, then, on your DS go to settings and select the database (even if it already looks as though it is!), go into the patches menu and enable cheats/action replay, then whilst you have the rom selected press B and enable the right cheat....

jeese, they could make it easier really.....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Her boob is the cause of all this current shit :angry: