DS #2385: Daigasso! Band Brothers DX (Japan)

Krazplay

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
twIstErOId_AmbAssAdOr said:
Krazplay said:
twIstErOId_AmbAssAdOr said:
By the way, you can extract downloaded songs in save files with hex editors. Simply crop out a whole 32768 byte section (from 00180000 to 00188000, for example) and save it as a .bdx file. Then you can import it using bdxtool made by yasu. It will take up a custom song slot, but is shown as a downloaded song when you play it. You can even edit it or delete it as a custom song.
lecture.gif

Did you really try that ?
Because It just freeze the game when I try to play or edit an imported downloaded song with bdxtool...
If it really work, it would be very easy to make a program that let you manage your custom songs...
Um, I didn't try it myself, but a lot of people say it works. Are you sure you cropped exactly 32768 bytes?
Yes they are 32 768 bytes, and I'm sure my songs are fine, as you can replace a song with another one if there were at the same adress and if the two saves share the same ID when you downloaded them.
That's even why I first thought the songs were not protected
dry.gif

So no luck for me, once it didn't freeze the game, but when I tried to edit the song there was a data error...

Dacvak

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I'd like to work on a Wikipedia entry listing all of the DLC in Band Bros, who the artist is, who the composer is, and if the song is in any TV show/video game, with constant updates.

My Japanese is sketchy at best, and I'm not terribly hip with the latest J-pop and whatnot, so if anyone can help out, that would be tremendous.

Let me know on here or through PM.

~Dac

Edit:
Also, where exactly can I find the BDXTool? Can someone give me a direct link? The others didn't work.

Archenyte

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Dacvak said:
Hey guys, I'd like to work on a Wikipedia entry listing all of the DLC in Band Bros, who the artist is, who the composer is, and if the song is in any TV show/video game, with constant updates.

My Japanese is sketchy at best, and I'm not terribly hip with the latest J-pop and whatnot, so if anyone can help out, that would be tremendous.

Let me know on here or through PM.

~Dac

Edit:
Also, where exactly can I find the BDXTool? Can someone give me a direct link? The others didn't work.

??????? is called "Hare Hare Yukai" or translated into "Sunny Sunny Happiness". By Aya Hirano from the anime "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya"

Is that what you wanted? too bad it's the only song from the downloads that I can recognise just by listening for a few seconds =(

Edit: the ? in ??????? is another letter thing but I don't know how to write japanese stuff on the computer.

Yummy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Have you seen the GBAtemp homepage, with the new DSTT firmware??

QUOTE said:
A new update for the DSTT. With this update, the DSTT will now support 8mb sav files and NDS #2385 (Daigasso! Band Brothers DX - Japan) now supports Wi-Fi downloads (read below for more info).

So, can a DSTT user confirm this information please?

Yummy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Oh, it is a pity as you certainly are going to have your copy much more sooner than me!

i wanted to ask you to try to dump your own game, to keep on a side your dump until you have used your 100 slots on your real cartridge, & then to use the dump & see if you will be able dl again.

Dominator

the world end without you
Trophies
Website
www.ipodtutofast.com
XP
Country
France
yes that was i plain, I plan to dump my own game with rudolph's tool, input a fresh save (because i can't dump 8 mb save file) and see if the ID generated match with the rom and allow me to download.

If i can download wit my flashcard tha would mean there is an ID in the rom too but if i can't Nintendo know how to block flashcard............
frown.gif

Post here when someone receive his copy.

Yummy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
dominator said:
yes that was i plain, I plan to dump my own game with rudolph's tool, input a fresh save (because i can't dump 8 mb save file) and see if the ID generated match with the rom and allow me to download.

Oh yes! Rudolph's tool! i've forgotten that one!
wacko.gif

QUOTE(dominator @ Jul 3 2008, 12:19 AM) If i can download wit my flashcard tha would mean there is an ID in the rom too but if i can't Nintendo know how to block flashcard............
frown.gif

No, they are not able to stop making their games running on flash cards....
BUT, it will mean that they will manage in the future to release more & more games like DBB DX which require dl if you want some extras....& they succeeded yet in protecting their games as this is the first one with a unique ID...

Mac2492

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Archenyte said:
??????? is called "Hare Hare Yukai" or translated into "Sunny Sunny Happiness". By Aya Hirano from the anime "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya"

Hare Hare Yukai (the original version) was actually sung by three people (Aya Hirano, Minori Chihara, and Yuko Goto).

twIstErOId_AmbAs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Of course you can't download with dstt-generated saves. Nintendo is now checking ids against their database. Only real cartridges can download atm. If you are able to dump the save of your cartridge and use it on dstt, it should download fine, however noone has made the appropriate tool to do that yet.
Ferrariman: I said it supports 8mb saves and that is a fact.

dawn.wan

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you read the wording to the DSTT update, they explain why it is not possible for wifi.. all lost in translation.. o well, atleast it supports 8mb saves... Luckly so far nintendo are the ppl to push the limits w/ their system when it comes to games, although games may use 8mb saves i doubt there will be major anti piracy measures... just hope the daigasso scene lives, we all must share our works..!!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Surprised they never made a second one.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It takes two was their newest different theme
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I didn't care for that one so much, but didn't play it much either.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just played little of "Still Wakes The Deep" , just came to gamepass today, its alright, kinda creepy. I'm not usually a horror game fan, but it looks really good graphic wise, esp w 4k. I admit it made me jump a few times.
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    Anyone here using the 3DS?
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    do u have pretendo?
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    whats ur code?
  • B @ btjunior:
    i dont have pretendo sorry
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    oh ok
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    well if ur console isnt modded i suggest u to mod it
  • B @ btjunior:
    also, just curius, does the freinds app still work after the shutdown?
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    yes
  • B @ btjunior:
    nice
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    but u cant play online games anymore :(
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    i miss going in other peoples town
  • B @ btjunior:
    yeah
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    i have a friend named Pineapple (@pineappleJuice hi). we played a lot the day b4 the server shutdown
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I preten to know doe
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @LNLenost how well is the pretendo servers, you ever get kicked off games when playing online?
    +1
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    @BigOnYa not always you get kicked. it happens rarely to me.
    +1
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    ofc they're not great, but props to them for making this
    +1
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    btw, I decided to make the nintendo support team going insane
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    i told them my badges disappeared after i opened the badge arcade after the shutdown, but actually they disappeared because i opened the badge arcade w/ pretendo
  • AcuteBulbasaurappears @ AcuteBulbasaurappears:
    Hey, is there anybody who knows how to create wuhb-files? :) I would like to create forwarders for two Wii-channels: https://gbatemp.net/threads/wuhb-to-vwii-channel-request.657253/#post-10441514
    AcuteBulbasaurappears @ AcuteBulbasaurappears: Hey, is there anybody who knows how to create wuhb-files? :) I would like to create forwarders...