DS #2019: Naruto Ninja Destiny (Europe)

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know......this game PROVES that Tekken would be possible on the DS. Wake up Namco! You made those crappy GBA versions....you could do it right on the DS.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

ohoni

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's actually by the same people as the GC/Wii based Gekitaisen series, and it plays like a seriously stripped down version of that game. I do have hopes that the US version is better than the horrible, horrible Japanese one, based on the reviews.

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried swapping the sound_data.sdat file from the Japanese version into this version to see if I could get Japanese voices. Unfortunately it doesn't really work. Doing so will make some of the stages not have any music, and some of the specials have no sound effects when hitting the opponent. On certain characters when you hit them, depending on which one it is, may result in the Japanese voice grunting, but that's as much as you'll get out of them. The beginning and the ends of the matches will still be just as silent, if not more so due to the change.

Anyways, just putting this out here so people know this method won't do it for you if you wanted the Japanese voices(rather than having none at all).

BoneMonkey

The cheese stash is a lie.
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I belive it's port of that REALLY crappy jap-only "0756 - Naruto Shinobi Retsuden" game. It's not port of anything form anywhere, just 'original' button masher. You could win every match in original by pressin ONLY yyyxyyyxyyyxyyyxyyyxyyyxyyyxyyyxyyyxyyyx

/=

yep its the orginal but i did read somewhere they polished up the graphics

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The graphics are indeed polished up. Characters look more cel-shaded this time around including being outlined. The speed of the game is at a much faster pace and is much more fun than the Japanese version. The characters are all voiceless in this version, but I'm sure in the USA release they'll include the voices from the dub.

Kellicros

Trophies
XP
Country
I thought all the changes will make this game worthwhile but they removed one of the most enjoyable elements in the original game, the voices, oh this sucks.

ctkxtreme

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The US version will feature the voices. Still don't know why the European version didn't do the same. In before "BECAUSE THE DUB SUCKS HURR DURR"

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country

Gene98

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
QUOTE said:
oh so having a touch screen instantly makes it a remake? (just like Mario 64 which wasn't a remake but a port?)
or is it actually a whole new game?

I hate Naruto like any other childish super-kid-saves-the-world(read: bleach, naruto etc) stuff, but found last PS2 naruto game(narutimate 2) pretty good. It had a lot of unic chars and really deep system with awesome animation and supers.

But this DS game is just a crap. it's NOWHERE NEAR ps2 one

ctkxtreme

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users