DS #1969: Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games (USA)

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I must say, based on my short experience with the game, BoneMonkey was right -- the game is FAIL. You can't win any of the running competitions unless you're willing to score more scratches into your touch screen. And what's up with the clapping into the mic? Bad, bad idea.

I'll play it some more -- try out some of the other competitions -- but so far it's actually less fun than I thought it would be.
frown.gif

P

pasc

I must say, based on my short experience with the game, BoneMonkey was right -- the game is FAIL. You can't win any of the running competitions unless you're willing to score more scratches into your touch screen. And what's up with the clapping into the mic? Bad, bad idea.

I'll play it some more -- try out some of the other competitions -- but so far it's actually less fun than I thought it would be.Â
frown.gif

Your right, too much potential thrown away

beedog19

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I'll play it some more -- try out some of the other competitions -- but so far it's actually less fun than I thought it would be.Â
frown.gif

Just pick up some screen protectors. I have had some $7USD Hori ones for about 2 years now, yeah, they're a little scratched but they've taken a whole lot of abuse that my screen didn't have to take. Even with running fairly fast times (I don't know quite how good since I don't have WIFI) my screen protectors are still holding up fine.

As for the clapping, blowing, while not quite as effective, works. Or you can do like me and just ignore those parts as I've broken the Long Jump WR without the assistance of crowd noise. I def wouldn't call it FAIL, I think it's a high 7 to very low 8 which works for me.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
I dunno what people do with their touchscreens, I've never used a screen protector and play all the races at full tilt as well as playing the hell out ofother touchscreen heavy games and there's not a mark on mine. Are you all just being paranoid or have I mastered some kind of feather touch technique you ham-fisted bufoons are unable to?

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I dunno what people do with their touchscreens, I've never used a screen protector and play all the races at full tilt as well as playing the hell out ofother touchscreen heavy games and there's not a mark on mine. Are you all just being paranoid or have I mastered some kind of feather touch technique you ham-fisted bufoons are unable to?

I agree. I've used my touchscreen heavily over the years and don't have a scratch on it - no screen protector.

teapea

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I guess you lot are all to young to remember the original joystick waggling games like daley thompson decathlete, or the arcade track and field etc etc.

For me games like this are awesome. They bring back a childhood nostalgia as I remember snapping my old kempton while going for a world record pole vault.

As for damaging to your screen - pah! It's a touch screen, it's meant to be touched, rubbed, prodded, poked and hurt.

paulhine

Trophies
XP
Country
Exactly the same problem - my M3 Real hangs on the white screen when I try to load the game.

Have updated to the latest firmware (v2.9) but still have the problem.

Any suggestions?

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, umm, I don't like this game at all. I don't know why I don't like it... I just... don't. It's fucking horrible (in my eyes)...
frown.gif

EDIT: Let me elaborate, I do know why I don't like it. It's so fucking bland and boring. Most of the events require you to rub the fuck out of the touch screen more than your opponent. That's basically how the winner is determined (along with the choice of character). It's so unsatisfying and pointless. I can see where the nostalgia kicks in when titles like Track and Field are brought up but this... this is just a piece of cashcow-crossover-bullshit.
dry.gif

Captain N

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I know the touch screen is tough but I just feel very uncomfortable when I am rubbing the screen at a bajillion miles in hour in a frenzy.

I don't think I will play this game anymore, not unless I get a screen protector.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0HUC3gnPMZs&pp=ygUXTWVtY2FyZCBwcm8gMSwgMiBhbmQgZ2M%3D