DS #1041: Chou Shittou Caduceus (Atlus Best Collection) (v01) (Japan)

mrbass

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is republished since the original has long been out of print. It's hard finding these kind of titles in Japan as they sold out and you have to look hard in the used section to track them down. So Atlus finally decided to reprint this hit title. I highly doubt anything changed. Think of xbox plantinum series for instance. I remember trying to track down Osu Tatakae Ouedan and it took wasn't until the 7th or so video game store that I finally located a copy. The same way for Meteos. Most store clerks have never heard of those titles so that didn't help either.

edit: my bad.....it is a new edition with improved balanced gameplay also at a reduced MSRP.

http://www.nintendo-inside.jp/news/202/20251.html

??????????????????????????????????????????????????

The best edition, additionally has easier gameplay wherein one can adjust the difficulty levels.

Then they go on a mention how it was in short supply in the stores and they've made it more accessible gameplay wise so jump at the chance now.

OrR

Rice-megatron Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Interesting, this includes an easier difficulty? Can it somehow be merged with the English version? I want to play it on easy but I've got to know what I'm doing...
tongue.gif

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Why would Atlus go about reprinting this? Wonder if it means they'll reprint Disgaea...

Atlus have reprinted Disgaea... several times, in fact. it's not that hard to come by anymore.

(That's only the US version, though - in other regions it wasn't published by Atlus)
Yeah, Koei published it in the UK. What was the point in removing the Japanese dubs in the first place? You're not exactly saving money are you?

bollocks

Trophies
XP
Country
Why would Atlus go about reprinting this? Wonder if it means they'll reprint Disgaea...

Atlus have reprinted Disgaea... several times, in fact. it's not that hard to come by anymore.

(That's only the US version, though - in other regions it wasn't published by Atlus)
Yeah, Koei published it in the UK. What was the point in removing the Japanese dubs in the first place? You're not exactly saving money are you?

actually I think it did save them money. The Japanese voice tracks bumped the US version up to a DVD (the Japanese version was on a CD) - removing the Japanese voices let them release the PAL version on a CD as well, which I think is slightly cheaper. And I suppose they might have had to pay the Japanese actors royalties to use their voices again - for a relatively small company taking a risk on an unknown game in a genre with very little history in Europe, they probably wanted to keep costs down as much as possible. Of course, now they know NIS stuff sells (or at least sells well enough to a niche market for them to keep releasing it) they're including Japanese dubs, bonus soundtrack CDs and other such shite.

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

actually I think it did save them money. The Japanese voice tracks bumped the US version up to a DVD (the Japanese version was on a CD) - removing the Japanese voices let them release the PAL version on a CD as well, which I think is slightly cheaper. And I suppose they might have had to pay the Japanese actors royalties to use their voices again - for a relatively small company taking a risk on an unknown game in a genre with very little history in Europe, they probably wanted to keep costs down as much as possible. Of course, now they know NIS stuff sells (or at least sells well enough to a niche market for them to keep releasing it) they're including Japanese dubs, bonus soundtrack CDs and other such shite.
So there's Japanese dubs in Makai Kingdom PAL?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You can't get the smell of my dick out of your mom either +1