Drinks and Food way to sweet

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...Sadly there doesn't seem to be any interest in regulating stuff like this...
It's very hard, but for me, self-regulation seems to be the only way. I drink my coffee with a bit of raw sugar and evaporated milk each morning, and then it's nothing but water throughout the day. For solid foods, I eat berries and an apple each day, and have cereals as my treat after work. Those are my sweets. Well, I do also put a few raisins in my salad each day, and there are dates in the Lara bar I eat in the morning at work each day. I'm very active, though, so perhaps that helps. I do tend to binge eat (two bowls of Cascadian Farms oat cereal) when I'm off the next day.

Like I said, though -- it's hard. But the rewards are definitely worth it. And though I fall, it has (🙏) always helped inspire me to keep trying.

LVG

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I remember an old interview I read from Steve Lukather (guitarist from Toto) where he denounced "food products". They are as stated "products" designed to increase sales for the manufacturing company. I think the phrase itself is horrible. You can also think about the "food industry", just as terrible, but it is what it is, and people are not often enough reminded of this reality.
As difficult as it is to cook from raw materials every day, I think you must keep a certain balance between raw and processed foods, just like going to fast food places.
Another thing that worries me about food products are preservatives, cancer inducing chemicals that will be prohibited in 20 years when the consequences of their toxicity are established : consumers (we) are guinea pigs that pay for their diseases themselves (am I going too far?).

Last edited by LVG,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: good morning everyone