Gaming Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 2 hype thread

1234turtles

Memer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
August 28 dragon quest monsters joker 2 finally gets released outside of japan.

so what do you want to see in this game?
I hope they improve the battle mechanics

InuYasha

Professional Coke Fiend
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Joker2/pro makes the first one look like crap thats for sure,also it seems to be delayed till 9/19 (according to news from another site)...

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Here is to hoping this is better than the first. The first game was too much of a Pokemon clone for me to stay interested.

InuYasha

Professional Coke Fiend
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nathan Drake said:
Here is to hoping this is better than the first. The first game was too much of a Pokemon clone for me to stay interested.

The major thing that bugs me is the addition of different size monsters...so your favorite monster may take up 2 or even all 3 spaces this time around,basically you can have 3 size 1 monsters,one size 2 monster and a size 1 or one monster that is size 3,of course bigger monsters come with perks like size 2 monsters can have 4 skills and size 3 monsters can have 5 skills,there are other advantages such as bigger monsters do more damage to smaller ones and if I remember right size 3 monsters attacks target all opp. monsters...

FencingFoxFTW

Trophies
XP
Country
Exbaddude said:
I never played the first game. Does it continue from there?

no, you dont need to play the first one to get into it

btw, release dates are September 19 for US, October 7 for Europe

lcleong

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
FencingFoxFTW said:
Exbaddude said:

OH GOD!!
hate2.gif

delayed again????!!

FencingFoxFTW

Trophies
XP
Country
lcleong said:
FencingFoxFTW said:
Exbaddude said:

OH GOD!!
hate2.gif

delayed again????!!

well at least we are getting the game

too bad most info points out it will be the vanilla version, not professional

InuYasha

Professional Coke Fiend
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
lcleong said:
FencingFoxFTW said:
Exbaddude said:

OH GOD!!
hate2.gif

delayed again????!!

Delayed again? if I recall this is the first delay...

AsPika2219

Trophies
XP
Country
Georgia
Wow! This sucks...
hate2.gif

I thinks there added something about the games plus corrected translation and make very closely with Pro version.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AsPika2219 said:
Wow! This sucks...
hate2.gif

I thinks there added something about the games plus corrected translation and make very closely with Pro version.
Theres alot separating the vanilla and pro versions.
Vanilla: Level caps, 300 monsters...
Pro:MUCH higher level caps, 500 monsters, more areas to explore and fixed game mechanics.

Ive been following a translation of the Pro version at Dragons Den. Right now the team has alot translated, but they are waiting for a few months while the US release gets here. Depending on which version it actually is, they will translate the rest (hopfully) and we will have a pro version regardless of the actual release.

Personally im peeing my pants waiting for this. I LOVED the first one and i cant wait for another one. I would be ok with just the vanilla version, but after i saw the better Pro version, i MUST have the pro version.

Anne Noise

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
InuYasha said:
Nathan Drake said:

The major thing that bugs me is the addition of different size monsters...so your favorite monster may take up 2 or even all 3 spaces this time around,basically you can have 3 size 1 monsters,one size 2 monster and a size 1 or one monster that is size 3,of course bigger monsters come with perks like size 2 monsters can have 4 skills and size 3 monsters can have 5 skills,there are other advantages such as bigger monsters do more damage to smaller ones and if I remember right size 3 monsters attacks target all opp. monsters...

Interesting. I'll have to look up skillsets and junk before I judge, but it sounds like a decent system for variation. I think I'd generally stick with either thee small monsters.

Sad for the delay, though.

DarkSpace

Custom member title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Anne Noise said:
InuYasha said:
Nathan Drake said:

Interesting. I'll have to look up skillsets and junk before I judge, but it sounds like a decent system for variation. I think I'd generally stick with either thee small monsters.

Sad for the delay, though.

If this is true I'll be pretty happy. It should be a good game judging from how people are saying it's better than the first one.

Zaraf

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
BortzANATOR said:
AsPika2219 said:
Wow! This sucks...
hate2.gif

Theres alot separating the vanilla and pro versions.
Vanilla: Level caps, 300 monsters...
Pro:MUCH higher level caps, 500 monsters, more areas to explore and fixed game mechanics.

Ive been following a translation of the Pro version at Dragons Den. Right now the team has alot translated, but they are waiting for a few months while the US release gets here. Depending on which version it actually is, they will translate the rest (hopfully) and we will have a pro version regardless of the actual release.

Personally im peeing my pants waiting for this. I LOVED the first one and i cant wait for another one. I would be ok with just the vanilla version, but after i saw the better Pro version, i MUST have the pro version.

Based on what you have said, I'm almost 100% positive that the version we are getting is Vanilla (NOT Pro). Here is what I got in my email today:

dqmj2.jpg

It says "Over 300 monsters". If it were the Pro version, then wouldn't they say "Over 500 monsters"?

Maybe they want to see what the sales for this game are like, and if they are good, then also do the Pro version?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did Janet Jackson release a new song +1