Gaming DQIX Gameplay Discussion

janouis

Trophies
XP
Country
[title:DQIX Spoilers]can u list down the location of the fyggs? i obtained the last fygg at swinedimples academy but can't unlock the scene where u fight aquilla in the train...

liquidnumb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ultratech87 said:
liquidnumb said:
I didn't see these get posted here yet, so here they are if you want em. Both links have the same information but are organized slightly differently.

Grotto Maps:

http://dq9.gkwiki.com/236.html
http://dq9.ffsky.cn/maplocation.htm

Nice find! This should come in handy...
yaynds.gif

Since you're doing grottos you should have a look at this as well.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/937281-drag...-skies/55674123

JackDeeEss

Trophies
XP
Country
Where Is Jack Of Alltrades?
I'm at the Desert Place now, (with the stripteasers Dancers and the lizard thing)
and I've heard you can get him before that.

pitman

Addicted to Magical Girls
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
JackDeeEss said:
I'm at the Desert Place now, (with the stripteasers Dancers and the lizard thing)

Do you remember landing the train over a blue tree ?
In the middle of that area there is a large building with a huge stairwell, that is the Alltrades.

UnseenHero

The UnseenHero
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Question
[title:DQIX Spoilers]For the boss in Greston (or whatever the place is called) with the pig is his attack the attacks the whole team physical or magic? Reason i am asking is because i went to face him over 5 times and my paladin use kabuff twice (increases defense a lot for everyone) and whenever he uses that attack he hits like over 60s which is a problem. Also why does he always hit crits. He hit 3crits one after the other in one fight...

JackDeeEss

Trophies
XP
Country
pitman said:
JackDeeEss said:

Do you remember landing the train over a blue tree ?
In the middle of that area there is a large building with a huge stairwell, that is the Alltrades.
I knew where alltrades was. I was after Jack, the Abbot.
Done now, though

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
InuYasha said:
ball2012003 said:
ok i just beat the game i think
a fygg fell from the sky and said to be continued does this mean Dragon Quest X will continue off from this game or is there still more that i can do because i know there are still places i havent been to

Yeah, that's immediately what came to my mind. I finished the story last night, and I tell ya, I'd be glad if that's what it means. I didn't want the adventure to be over.

pitman

Addicted to Magical Girls
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Dragoon709 said:
Where is the best place to farm metal slimes? I'm in Quarentomb now but they are too few and far between there to make it worth while....

Get plenty of Holy Water (because there isn't so much space to move) and head to the Bad Cave near Bloomington which has Medley Metal Slimes which give out way more exp.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UnseenHero said:
Question
[title:DQIX Spoilers]For the boss in Greston (or whatever the place is called) with the pig is his attack the attacks the whole team physical or magic? Reason i am asking is because i went to face him over 5 times and my paladin use kabuff twice (increases defense a lot for everyone) and whenever he uses that attack he hits like over 60s which is a problem. Also why does he always hit crits. He hit 3crits one after the other in one fight...

It's a gladiator skill that he uses. It always crits any time it lands a hit. My gladiator seems to hit with it about 50 percent of the time. It's absolutely wonderful for MKS.

b864mer5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GeekyGuy said:
InuYasha said:
ball2012003 said:
a fygg fell from the sky and said to be continued does this mean Dragon Quest X will continue off from this game or is there still more that i can do because i know there are still places i havent been to

Yeah, that's immediately what came to my mind. I finished the story last night, and I tell ya, I'd be glad if that's what it means. I didn't want the adventure to be over.

no, it is not for dq 10. it is still on this game.After you beat the game you can visit tower of NOD and many other thing. but you must do certain thing first. You can get all detail by visiting this guide

Rumsie

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
b864mer5 said:
GeekyGuy said:
InuYasha said:
ball2012003 said:

no, it is not for dq 10. it is still on this game.After you beat the game you can visit tower of NOD and many other thing. but you must do certain thing first. You can get all detail by visiting this guide

where is the tower of NOD because it doesnt mention it in the guide

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rumsie said:

It's accessible
only in post-game using the Starflight Express. There are many areas you might have noticed that can't be accessed by foot or ship. However, you'll gain the ability to fly after the main story is complete.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GeekyGuy said:
Rumsie said:

It's accessible
only in post-game using the Starflight Express. There are many areas you might have noticed that can't be accessed by foot or ship. However, you'll gain the ability to fly after the main story is complete.
not exactly
you need to complete the Port Llafan side quest first with Jona then you get the ability to use the starflight express on your own and can warp to it at any point and bonus you get stella back in your select menu

D

Deleted_171835

Did I miss any Wi-Fi events that are considered essential to the game or can I purchase it now awaiting other Wi-Fi events?
How is the multiplayer (local and Wi-Fi) in the game?
unsure.gif

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SoulSnatcher said:
Did I miss any Wi-Fi events that are considered essential to the game or can I purchase it now awaiting other Wi-Fi events?
How is the multiplayer (local and Wi-Fi) in the game?
unsure.gif

Multiplayer is excellent. In a sense, it's like Animal Crossing, but on a grand scale. The visitor has free rein to roam anywhere in the host's world that has been unlocked (at their own risk, of course), yet coming together is as easy as having the host summon you to their location. The battles are also a lot of fun, since both players are given a level of control. Shopping, blue chests -- all that stuff is available to the visitor.

As for Wi-Fi events, they're retroactive, so whatever you missed will be automatically downloaded to your card.

D

Deleted_171835

GeekyGuy said:
Multiplayer is excellent. In a sense, it's like Animal Crossing, but on a grand scale. The visitor has free rein to roam anywhere in the host's world that has been unlocked (at their own risk, of course), yet coming together is as easy as having the host summon you to their location. The battles are also a lot of fun, since both players are given a level of control. Shopping, blue chests -- all that stuff is available to the visitor.

As for Wi-Fi events, they're retroactive, so whatever you missed will be automatically downloaded to your card.
Retroactive? Yay! No more crappy Pokemon style Wi-Fi events.
I loved Animal Crossing's multiplayer. The only problem was that the player can destroy stuff in your town.

What damage could a visitor do to your 'world'? Anything on a large scale?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @AncientBoi, you've got Kenny here.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, although it has to be bigger for ancientboi to like it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Whoever liked it is gay it's just a smiley face
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Lol, that's so funny
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, another dessert related question
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, didnt know i was gay
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    is it "care-a-mell" or "car-mull"?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, either works
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah, i just mean in y'all's opinions
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    btw guys i played some roblox game with a friend from there that missed me
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    is that a good thing?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im coming back to roblox relatively slowly
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Care A mell is how I've always pronounced it. But i heard both ways. Goes both ways, like kenny.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well now my routers not picking up my ring device fucking hate ring
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Be a good time to leave flaming dog poo in a bag on your porch...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You're as much as a threat to me that my grandma is
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, somebody not getting they nipples twisted right today? Lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I don't have any "Ring" devices so don't know, we have "Rang" devices tho, from the dollar tree
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Any grown woke man would know not to piss off grandma
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Grandma's a shooter, not a fighter.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Made uregrandma shoot
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: