Homebrew Dosbox .conf and .map files collection for Wiiflow

sion_zaphod

Ex-Galactic President; confidence trickster; etc
Trophies
XP
Country
awesome can you pm me the guide or ul your image to my dropbox? I do own legit 98se plus still have the manuals and oem.

sion_zaphod

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah If you rar or 7z it should reduce the size a huge amount maybe to around 250meg the unused space on the image will be compressed loads

Tetsuo Shima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Sorry, but I couldn't increase the cycles in X-wing anymore, the game becomes really sluggish. I took a look at your conf file for the 11th hour, I don't have that game but I'm pretty sure that you can set scaler=none instead of normal2x to further improve performances and graphic appearance (with the wii native low resolution there's no need of a scaler).

However, I made an update for Alone in the Dark and Prince of Persia, see changes on 1st post.

sion_zaphod

Trophies
XP
Country
I'll try it out thanks. Can't wait for support for this game in SCUMMVM. Playing on dosbox is very jumpy.

Tetsuo Shima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I agree, Scummvm where possible is always the best option. btw I think that Eye of the Beholder 1 and 2 should run in the last ScummVM 1.7git compiled by Wiimpathy.
I will try that, but they are playing so nicely with my button mappings (playing eob just with the mouse = pain in the ass), plus they are old enough to run perfectly on Dosbox.

sion_zaphod

Trophies
XP
Country
When I first told abz I'd made a dosbox plugin for wiiflow the first thing he asked was can it run bat files. I explained that it could but that conf files made more sense because being able to set button mappings and individual game settings is far better than one config for everything. Does anyone actually use my plugin to solely run bat files any more?

I understand that conf file editing is and can be annoying but the end result pays off. I have all my games with the controls I like and if I want more control I just plug in a usb keyboard and mouse.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
sion I've sent you an email with Dosbox 2G img attached - link expires in 5 days
the end result is a fast booting img where everything works fine except Display driver has only 16 colors,
I've tried million combinations to make the Display Driver work fully to no avail.
At least when you boot the img Win98SE won't ask about wrong display issues.
I also added the dosbox rev and conf file I used to the pack
If you have any Q's let me know :)

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
2q86peq.jpg

I'll reupload tonight if needed :)

Tetsuo Shima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
When I first told abz I'd made a dosbox plugin for wiiflow the first thing he asked was can it run bat files. I explained that it could but that conf files made more sense because being able to set button mappings and individual game settings is far better than one config for everything. Does anyone actually use my plugin to solely run bat files any more?

I understand that conf file editing is and can be annoying but the end result pays off. I have all my games with the controls I like and if I want more control I just plug in a usb keyboard and mouse.
Well, I totally agree with you, I don't see any practical use for the bat plugin. On the other side I think that the conf plugin is a must on the wii and I'd like to thank you for your awesome work :) (didn't know that you were the person behind it ). The main purpose of this thread is to remove the 'annoying part ' for the user and I'd really be happy to see conf and map files growing in number with the help of other people, for the benefit of everyone.

Also, I would like to report to you that sometimes this plugin doesn't return to Wiiflow and gives a black screen.

Reactions: MassiveRican

sion_zaphod

Trophies
XP
Country
@abz thats great and if you can re upload that would be fantastic. You do know that 3dfx graphics will only work on ykhwongs buiild though? If you try to use the image file on another dosbox build including dosbox wii it will fail. I'm trying to get specific driver for s3 svga and will be happy with 16bit graphics in windows 98 on dosbox wii.

@tetsuo shima
try adding the line exit at the very end of your conf files that way the game should run and when you exit through the game itself dosbox will shut down and return to wiiflow. Try and avoid using the home button and exiting dosbox that way (except if dosbox crashes).

Tetsuo Shima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@sion: Ok I will do that. I removed that line to easily access each game folder when I was setting up the soundcard with the games setup programs, and I thought that was an easy way for other users too so I left the files without that line. If that'll fix the blackscreen problem I'll add this information to the 1st post. Thanks!

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
Man i know I'm late to the party (Like I usual am ^_^) but thanks to all involved for the work done on the .conf files and the game performance settings improvements. You guys rock and really know what the hell your doing lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/owEOnspRpVk?si=rEd1m4Yi0aTKvjiv