Hacking Does WiiMC's youtube still work?

Walker D

I have a hat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Seems like doesn't matter what I do, I can't use WiiMC's youtube anymore... pages doesn't load and searches shows nothing. Is their servers down now or something like it?

YouTube official channel seems to always give me the shitest resolutions possible... that's why I'm trying to go with WiMC..
But if there's a way to have the official app not loading videos in the lowest resolutions, then it would be enough for me too..

Some thoughts on those problems?

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Youtube updates more often than WiiMC does, however, typically a new WiiMC update isn't far behind the latest youtube update to make WiiMC work properly again with youtube. As it is now though, you're probably best with going with the official Wii app (I'm assuming you're talking on a wii and not a Wii U, as obviously the Wii U youtube app is the most polished and best choice of the 3). As for resolution, I don't think you get a choice in the Wii youtube app on it, I think it just detects your internet speed and makes a call on the resolution based on that. I don't recall resolution being much of an issue when I used the Wii's official youtube app, but it has been awhile, so I can't say for sure.

SuperrSonic

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
YouTube app uses 360p webm, scales to 456~ lines and is overscan safe by doing so. WiiMC lets the user select the resolution but only with h.264 encodes, meaning most 854x480p streams will desync because of the downscale and because it's avc.

http://apiblog.youtube.com/2012/11/using-webm-to-power-youtube-app-for.html?m=1

Some old videos are actually 640x480 and these can play on WiiMC but I imagine it's just easier and play safe if they use webm encodes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1