Does it cost anything to ship/mail from UK to Canada?

Anakir

Project: Melee
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I want to purchase Sennheiser CX300 II (not CX300 I since the build quality is better on CX300 II) from Play.com as it is the cheapest, and its actually genuine, even if the price has been converted to CAD (Canadian Dollar; about $15 a pair compared to the $90+ being sold in stores like The Source).

Either a pair of white ones:
http://www.play.com/Electronics/Electronic...=Price&fb=0

Or pair of black ones:
http://www.play.com/Electronics/Electronic...=Price&fb=0

And I'm not sure why the white pair is cheaper.. but I'd probably go the white pair instead as its cheaper and its white. I'd probably purchase 2 of them. Unless someone has a reason for me not to.

Anyways, Play.com offers free shipping even outside of UK, but electronics aren't eligible. So, when shipping fee is included, purchasing from Play.com isn't worth it anymore.

So what I would like to know is: for example, if I had a friend in UK and he decided to purchase it for me, does it cost that friend of mine anything to ship/mail it to me?

If it doesn't cost anything.. is there anyone willing to help me out by doing so?

I'm in need of a new pair of earphones. I've been living off cheap/decent earphones and I want a change. I'm also on a budget so I don't want to spend too much. Thanks for reading. Hope there's someone willing to help me out.
smile.gif

Anakir

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isn't there a choice of mailing it without a cost? Well, besides the stamp and such. And if it does cost something, how much does it cost for the cheapest option?

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Read the seller feedback; sounds like there's a reason why they're cheap. They're not sold directly by Play.com, and other buyers are reporting recieving fakes or a different model.

Play.com sell their own stuff (which is 100% safe), but they also let other companies sell stuff through their site. If you can see more than one price on the product page, Play.com don't have the item but are showing you the other sellers who do instead. In those cases, you need to read the feedback carefully to check those companies aren't pulling a fast one. And to be honest, while it's really easy to get your money back, it isn't easy to report them to Play.com and get them taken off the site so noone else falls into the trap. I had to jump through more hoops than I'd expect to get a seller booted for shipping me a dodgy DVD set last year.

Anakir

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm willing to take the chance on buying it as buying a pair is only $15 compared to the $90+ I have to pay to buy it from a retailer in Canada. I've read other forums for their opinion specifically on CX300 from Play.com and its all been good.

I'm just worried about the build quality as people have mentioned that you have to be extra careful with this model since it tears under little stress.

Regardless, back on topic. How much would it cost to ship with the cheapest option? And anyone willing to help out? Of course I'll cover the shipping fees and such.

Edit: Wait, what? How do you check if its being specifically by Play.com?

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Anakir said:
Edit: Wait, what? How do you check if its being specifically by Play.com?

It says under the Buy button

QUOTECondition: NEW

Seller & Rating: accessories100 | 88% positive (from 214 ratings)

Delivery: UK | Estimated Delivery: 3-4 days

Comments: BRAND NEW SEALED POSTED SAME DAY Sennheiser CX300 II Precision ECO Headphones (Black)

If it was from Play.com it would give an RRP under the price and usually say it's In Stock (and it looks like the "Buy" button is red, dunno how long its been like that but whatever, still something to look for)

According to their FAQs, delivery is still free through PlayTrade, however it states "Unfortunately, we cannot delivery electronics, personal computers, gadgets, or mobile outside of the UK." which means they won't deliver it to you full stop.

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
"Play.com offers free shipping even outside of UK, but electronics aren't eligible."

It doesn't matter who is sending them to where, it appears they don't free ship electronics.

So your answer logically comes out as 'buy your headphones in Canada'.

I suggest you look for good sources local to you. Have you considered Canada Computers? No free ship, but then you might be able to just go to their location too.

Sinkhead

yay p1ngpong.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If you PayPal me the money I will order them and ship them to Canada for you. Add £2 to the price for postage from me to you.

However, the sale would be final. I won't handle returns if they turn out to be fake, for example.

PM me if you're interested.

thaddius

Charmander is not pleased.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
dawn.wan said:
dude
ask them to write as "gift" in description. customs will rape you dude.
Not necessarily. Customs only charges you if the value of the item (not including shipping) is over a certain amount. From US to Canada I think it's anything over $100 needs to be taxed by customs, which is stipulated by NAFTA. From the UK to Canada it might be a different limit seeing as how NAFTA doesn't concern them, but for an item under $20 (potentially) I can't imagine customs would put on the rape hat.

If customs decides to randomly open and inspect that item though...

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When I fill out the customs declaration I always mention what it truly is, but I check gift and write the value as $5.

Although in most cases that is not far from the truth.

Anakir

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sinkhead said:
If you PayPal me the money I will order them and ship them to Canada for you. Add £2 to the price for postage from me to you.

However, the sale would be final. I won't handle returns if they turn out to be fake, for example.

PM me if you're interested.

I'll take up on the offer if I can't find anything else. Knowing that it could possibly be a fake now was a big turn off to me.. but I gotta see. I'm asking if any friends of mine is willing to take the risk as well.

Thanks though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @sombrerosonic, I've never seen you in a while. How's that game getting on?
  • sombrerosonic @ sombrerosonic:
    Unity is a asshole and I want to set it on fire
    +1
    and C++
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @sombrerosonic, "Unity to die. Coding is a fuck."
    Rez how else am I suppose to make my horny AI who wants people to love it?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Real women are better, AI isn't worth the trouble.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Mine would be easy. All it has to do is bob it's head :D:evil::blush:
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Psi can make an AI babe lol.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I knew I should've bought the 50ft ethernet cord over the 25 lesson learned size matters
    +2
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    vffvb gferwbgereg
    :O [☎️ Bunjolio's mother that he's swearing]
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    she*
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fuck
    +1
  • J @ Just_Ragnar:
    What are mlc.bin files and are they important or can i delete them off my wii u sd card
    My apologies there little Miss @Bunjolio :mellow::blush::)
    Butt I'm still telling her :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Never gonna give you upNever gonna let you downNever gonna run around and desert youNever gonna make you cryNever gonna say goodbyeNever gonna tell a lie and hurt you
    I don't recognise the song. Which one is it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sigma
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Sometimes people make mistakes, if you correct them then they'll remember.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Try not to easily get offended if somebody calls you by different pronouns by mistake.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Try not to easily get offended if somebody calls you by different pronouns by mistake.