Hacking Does anyone knows how to add code to an eboot?

Patrick Evers Bjoerkman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey I am doing a translation project for Little Busters CE! for PSP and to fix an issue with the text I need to write some MIPS to the eboot.bin. To get around the problem of offsets inside the program, I was thinking of adding the code to the end of the eboot.bin and replace a nop instruction somewhere to jump to my code using MIPS jal and return to the previous address using jr $ra afterwards. The problem is that after adding this code to the eboot.bin, PPSSPP (PSP emulator) just gives me a list of nop instructions where the new code was supposed to be (the nop are there with and without my code). Does the elf has some sort of start/end/length offset table for sections of the file or something and does anyone knows how I should attempt to make it see my added code?

I appriciate the help.

Scorp

Trophies
XP
Country
Kazakhstan
Well, for me that method did not work correctly, actually... Means, if I put executable code in this new part all got screwed. Would like to speak with some PSP EBOOT expert, actually, who would point me what I am doing wrong...

JamRules

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, for me that method did not work correctly, actually... Means, if I put executable code in this new part all got screwed. Would like to speak with some PSP EBOOT expert, actually, who would point me what I am doing wrong...

I had the same problem, it's because the old code is still trying to save in a set location. What I did was look for a section that wasn't being changed and move where the section starts

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :lol: