Question Does a Illegal Website Sponsor GBATEMP ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gnarmagon

Noob <3
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Are there Flashcards without the Header (Illegal) outside ?

Edit: I think I should stop asking Illegal Things (I don't want to get banned :O)

M tha MaN

Trophies
Website
www.psxtools.de
XP
Country
Germany
Under german law those cards mustn't be selled. It's now prohibited.

But that's just the case in germany. In other countries there are other laws so you can't conclude that flashcards are now everywhere illegal ;)

Illegal just means "against the law" ;)

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Gnarmagon

Noob <3
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Under german law those cards mustn't be selled. It's now prohibited.

But that's just the case in germany. In other countries there are other laws so you can't conclude that flashcards are now everywhere illegal ;)

Illegal just means "against the law" ;)
I will stay in the Software (Piracy) ;)
and I don't want to pay 80€ for a Gateway Card that's illegal :O

Sleet

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most of them are since they contain bootcode stolen from legit carts => every time you buy a flashcart you're buying stolen code => they're illegal.
Not like they care about it anyways...
What I want to know is how Datel are able to get away with it and even sell in stores (ARDSi's contain code from Mr Game & Watch).

D

Deleted-379826

Yeah I can go buy powersaves for DS and 3DS at my local Walmart. I doubt that is completely legal. :P
I assume flashcarts are illegal here but I see in pawn shops and such they sell them.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Most of them are since they contain bootcode stolen from legit carts => every time you buy a flashcart you're buying stolen code => they're illegal.
Not like they care about it anyways...
It might be argued that as they can not play the game, experience anything from it beyond the icon and is there solely to facilitate booting for something with substantial non infringing uses then it falls within some kind of scope of an existing ruling, most likely sega vs accolade. Now what types of encryption or protection got bypassed along the way might trouble some later US laws but there is some scope for something.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Kinda funny and ironic worrying about laws on a hacking/modding site.
Most of them are relatively new. They weren't around when this placed endorsed roms. Nowadays you can't link a cfw if it contains official code and the like. Makes sensem

Reactions: gnmmarechal

gudenau

Largely ignored
Trophies
Website
www.gudenau.net
XP
Country
United States
Could you imagine if you can just walk to a game store like gamestop or whatever and just buy flashcarts for consoles? That be insane, chaotic even. :P

I guess is not illegal, but then again, nintendo never licensed that product for the systems. So... I'm not really one to debate this, i use them since they have cool features. :rolleyes:

Datel sold some in Wal-Marts. :3 (They even had the most code from games then any other cart)

TL;DR past that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1