Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TrolleyDave said:
Worst Doctor ever was Paul McGann. Overly serious and lacking in charisma. He was just boring to watch.
The few audios I've heard with him showed that he could have had the potential to be a great Doctor, sadly the people behind the movie where sort of clueless and stuck to a stereotypical view of an English eccentric man.

It used to be Pertwee as I remember watching the repeats of his stories first so he has a certain place in my heart. However Its hard to deny Bakers character and presence, the guy could never be outclassed or out performed in any scene.

Ecclestone for me was like all of the best Doctors in one, he played the lone traveller extremely well and its such a shame that he only did one series.

Tennant just annoyed me but McCoy seemed like a generic Doctor and therefore is my least favourite.

Colin Baker I think did the best with what he got given, he is a different Doctor and underrated for me.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Pertwee was the first Doctor I saw, watching Spearhead from Space when I was younger (which in my opinion was the best of the three Auton stories, the Auton makeup in that is still my favourite), so I like him, but I've seen some other episodes, from 1st, 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th, and they were good. Colin was treated unfairly, especially with who was in charge at the time (I think he was dating Colin's ex-wife). I've not seen a full McCoy episode, but Ace was hawt.
smileipb2.png

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Hadriano said:
TrolleyDave said:
Worst Doctor ever was Paul McGann. Overly serious and lacking in charisma. He was just boring to watch.
The few audios I've heard with him showed that he could have had the potential to be a great Doctor, sadly the people behind the movie where sort of clueless and stuck to a stereotypical view of an English eccentric man.

It used to be Pertwee as I remember watching the repeats of his stories first so he has a certain place in my heart. However Its hard to deny Bakers character and presence, the guy could never be outclassed or out performed in any scene.

Ecclestone for me was like all of the best Doctors in one, he played the lone traveller extremely well and its such a shame that he only did one series.

Tennant just annoyed me but McCoy seemed like a generic Doctor and therefore is my least favourite.

Colin Baker I think did the best with what he got given, he is a different Doctor and underrated for me.

Yeah, it wasn't Paul McGann himself that was bad. I actually quite like him as an actor. It was the writing of the Doctor and the character in the film. It just wasn't a very good Doctor. He had no flair, no charm or charisma.

Ecclestone was definitely a brilliant Doctor. I was gutted when I found out he was leaving. He managed to capture that wonder of the universe and joy for life that any good Doctor should have. If I had to name my top 3 Doctors they'd be Tom Baker, Christopher Ecclestone and Jon Pertwee. Pertwee had lots of charisma and he was a tougher Doctor than the rest.

Oh, and topic creator. You forgot a Doctor, although I don't think it's gonna make too much difference to the poll. Peter Cushing was a Doctor in a couple of films.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
TrolleyDave said:
Oh, and topic creator. You forgot a Doctor, although I don't think it's gonna make too much difference to the poll. Peter Cushing was a Doctor in a couple of films.Actually I didn't forget him - as said in first post I was concentrating on TV and TV film actors - Peter Cushing was an actor in an actual Film (one shown in the cinema), it's just that the film been shown on TV so many times some people think they were TV films
laugh.gif

QUOTEThere were quite a few more players (see Wiki for details) but I'm concentrating on the 'TV' (or 'TV movie') players

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Plus the two films Cushing were in were actually remakes of existing Who stories. Also in them he is actually called "Dr. Who" and Who isn't part of his name, its just the title. It was always intended that his name was just The Doctor.

Also they are considered non-canon and more of a alternative reality.

There is actually one actor missing who played the Doctor from the proper TV series. Richard Hurndall, he played the First Doctor in the Five Doctors story as William Hartnell was too dead to play him.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
TrolleyDave said:
Oh, and topic creator. You forgot a Doctor, although I don't think it's gonna make too much difference to the poll. Peter Cushing was a Doctor in a couple of films.
Actually, it's better if he isn't counted. The films are totally non-canon, and Cushing actually played a human scientist called Dr. Who, who invented TARDIS (instead of borrowing the TARDIS) The films were based on Will Hartnell stories, so while the films are ok, I don't count them at all.

EDIT: Also, what Hadrian said. Also, with Cushing, TARDIS' doors opened outward. A difference, though not a totally major one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast