• Total voters

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it was nice for finding some of the rare stuff (not wiling to buy on ebay ect...)
I got the 2 zelda collections for the GCN, very pricey though ($40 each for slightly used condition)

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
I buy mostly used games, so I always check craigslist first, but if I don't find what I want there, my second stop is GameStop.
For new stuff, either Amazon or Gamestop or BestBuy, doesn't really matter.

hksrb25s14

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nah, I stopped going there because 80-90% of gamestop workers treat their customers like crap.
and they will find any way to keep you from returning a item or exchanging it or refund.
I'm saying some of them are cool and most of them are @$$ holes ( mostly the female boss/worker)

So I learn my lesson, If I'm going to buy hardware, I'm buying it from WAL-MART or any big name stores that don't plug in your console and turn it on and say hey it still work (Console has a crack on the outside) sorry we can't exchange it.

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I purposefully go to other stores, Gamestop is a piece of shit, last thing I bought there was Guild Wars, and only because I couldn't get to a Best Buy and Iwas next doot eating.

Ever since they gipped me on a few games I hate the bastards.

saxamo

Spaaaaace!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
F@$K GAMESTOP corporate bullshit. If anything I hit up their dumpster for the shitty games they throw out
tongue.gif
(true story)

wchill

Resident chillxpert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
They're the only place I can easily and readily get to (no time for Craigslist or going to Best Buy, etc.) on the way home on most days.
I've heard all the stories, but the employees at my Gamestop are much better than what you guys have, apparently.

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I believe EB Games and GameStop are one and the same (according to the back of the receipt anyways, which says EB Games and then GameStop right underneath it). Ever since I got my M3 Real, naturally I don't buy DS games there anymore. But my brother sometimes gets the occasional PS2 game (FFX ftw
wink.gif
) and I get DS accessories. For $20, I got screen protectors, a stylus, a cleaning pad, finger styli, a car charger, game cases, and more which all came in a solid aluminum case. Not too bad of a deal if I do say so myself.

Santee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope not anymore I used to but they ripped me off for a Xbox 360 controller near Christmas cost me 20 dollars more know I got to bestbuy they have weekly sales they once had left 4 dead for 40 dollars when at gamestop it was 60.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I stopped shopping there before I got into flashcards. Our local store houses the dumbest and meanest assholes you could get. They're rude and refuse to honor valid return policies that their other stores do. I bought a faulty new GBA that wouldn't turn on from the get go several years back and they refused to take it back. Had to drive to another branch to get it replaced.

Anytime I go to a game store now, it's Gamecrazy.

Advi

Trophies
Website
www.fletchowns.net
XP
Country
United States
Ugh no. After flashcarts and such I stopped going there, of which I only went there in the first place because it was easy to find used games (I'm not much of a renter). Hell, when I got SSBB with my little bro, when GS was sold out we went to Walmart and it was stocked to the brim.

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Go there (EB Games, but same thing I believe) to buy new PS3 games.
I don't know any local store that sells new games for significantly cheaper or notice if EB Games charge any more than others.

I sometimes buy games from Future Shop or even Rogers Video (actually a good place to buy. They had tons of DS in stock -of which I bought 2- last Spring when 14 big name stores in Vancouver had none).

GameSoul

youtube.com/variantdevil
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
GameStop and Gamecrazy are always trying to suck up money. They always give some lame offer when you buy something and you get 10% off. >_> Then they try to sucker you into buying cards and shit.

TraumaHoundNDS

Trophies
Website
traumahound.ndsthemes.com
XP
Country
United States
Rayder said:
I'll buy hardware or accessories there, but that's about it.

Same here. Last thing I bought from Gamestop were my 2 Nyko PerfectShots. And I'll usually check out the DS games just to see the boxes and maybe see a game that I haven't yet played. Otherwise I'll buy my Wii games on Amazon. Free shipping, decent prices, no Gamestop employee and it all comes right to my door. Amazon FTW, for me.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Yup. I see surprisingly good deals nowadays. I got my brand new TWEWY for 24 bucks, there was Odin sphere for 14 bucks, and so on. Heck, there was even MGS4 collector's edition, used one for 29.99.

I prefer not to buy anything new though, since most of them are overpriced as hell.

Shakraka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, their used games are quite cheap and I've been carefully scanning the used PS2 sections every time I'm there for Zone of the Enders.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Shakraka said:
Yes, their used games are quite cheap and I've been carefully scanning the used PS2 sections every time I'm there for Zone of the Enders.

Zone of Enders? Is it good? I know it's by Kojima, but didn't know much about it. I saw it in stock, used, for 19.99 in the gamestop/ebgames I live right next to.

dark42

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't want to go there anymore because they gave me only $12 for a perfectly good Gamecube (I figured I didn't need it anymore after I got my Wii). I didn't feel like selling it on Ebay, it was too much of a hassle at the time. I think they only gave me $12 because the retarded employee who was checking it out moved the control stick while he was turning it on and his character on the game kept moving to the left, and he thought the Gamecube was broken! Anyway, I don't want to go there anymore... I even have $2 left on a gift card! Ask these bastards for some Battletoads, they deserve it!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Catboy @ The Catboy: Like 5 minutes ago