so who wants to play homebrews
happy.gif

Reactions: Boriar

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's been my understanding that DLDI patching is automatic now, so homebrew should work fine on the SCDSTwo. Obviously this isn't true they, or you, released the DLDI patch. Can someone please explain?

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
OrGoN3 said:
It's been my understanding that DLDI patching is automatic now, so homebrew should work fine on the SCDSTwo. Obviously this isn't true they, or you, released the DLDI patch. Can someone please explain?
It's for the rare occasion that you may need to manually DLDI patch something. Maybe for especially old homebrew if anything.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
RupeeClock said:
It's for the rare occasion that you may need to manually DLDI patch something. Maybe for especially old homebrew if anything.

during my testing for the review i have had dldi fail 1/3 times, where the homebrew would not load because it initializes the read/writes before loading. after a few reboots it would patch that 2nd or 3rd time. also if you launch homebrew using the icon based "plug-in" shortcut system, some homebrew will not dldi patch. this appears to be a bug in the EOS software. running the same homebrew from its normal folder on the msd card works just fine. i've also been told that some homebrew will dldi patch on the dsi and not on the ds lite. i can not confirm that at this time.

-another world

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Another World said:
during my testing for the review i have had dldi fail 1/3 times, where the homebrew would not load because it initializes the read/writes before loading. ..... also if you launch homebrew using the icon based "plug-in" shortcut system, some homebrew will not dldi patch. this appears to be a bug in the EOS softwareohhh - so this COULD be the reason for the DSL=OK/DSi=NOK Homebrew faults we're been getting on the plugin thread then ....
QUOTE said:
......i've also been told that some homebrew will dldi patch on the dsi and not on the ds lite.I wonder why ???
running the same homebrew from its normal folder on the msd card works just fine.
FYI - some Homebrew just doesn't seem to want to work at all on the DSi, but works fine on the DSL - DSReader seems to be such a program

Perhaps the SC team should add some type of 'DLDI patch/clean' option to Homebrew as well
unsure.gif

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
this post is old, but i need to ask this

i wanted to play some homebrew, how does dldi works? i need to patch the card\homebrew? and how do i do it? or i just need to copy the dldi file into the root?

evandixon

PMD Researcher
Developer
Trophies
Website
projectpokemon.org
XP
Country
United States
You don't need to download the DLDI patch. All modern flashcarts automatically DLDI patch, so you won't have to worry about it unless it's something weird like DSVideo (patching arm7 and not arm9).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: See ya see ya later later