Direct TV reliability?

Classicgamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have to switch from Comcast to another provider. The price is right with Direct TV in the Chicagoland area. How is your experience with Direct TV?

CitizenSnips

a seldom-used crab named Lucky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I personally prefer Dish Network to DirecTV, had DirecTV for a while but it started messing up and just didn't hold up to what my family wanted, so we decided to switch to Dish, and it's quite nice, the DVR records a lot and has quite a bit of features. DirecTV isn't too bad though, it's certainly acceptable if you can't get anything else. EDIT: also forgot to include how it holds up when it rains, in my experience dish network gets more consistent signal than DirecTV did.

Last edited by CitizenSnips,
Reactions: Classicgamer

DaTank45

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hate satellite tv. The reason being is that one of the best times to watch tv is when it rains and this is when satellite tv fails. If it rains too hard or if it's too windy the signal goes out.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
My parents live out in a rather remote area that cable barely supports, so they used DirecTV for a bit and it was ok for a few years. But they had to get rid of them because the signal kept dying out during even small storms and they kept raising the price every year or so for the same package. They had 3 service techs come out to relocate the dish and at one point they gave them a newer one, but still had the same issues.

They use Dish Network now, which is way more reliable, but the signal will still drop if there's a big storm. They were also slightly more expensive, but they haven't upped the price in the 5 ish years they've had them so that was good.

I would suggest researching for other cable companies near you, while Comcast usually has a monopoly on most areas you'll occasionally find small time cable companies that charge less or the same with much better support.

Classicgamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I'm going to take the plunge. The promotion is $55/month for 2yrs. This includes $25 for tv and $30 for internet (via at&t 50mbps). Wish me luck....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)