Hacking DIOS MIOS (not DML) is back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

goemon_guy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For the record, Crediar also updated the Google Code page recently. (Within the past few hours.)

Not saying that this means anything important, or such, but just speculating that it could come very soon. o.o

IceIceBird

Trophies
XP
Country
If this is true then tueidj should hurry up :)
The only thing missing then will be alternate controller for newer Wii

Nothing impossible with Crediar :D
..Dios Mios still doesn't support audio streaming either but hopefully crediar finds a "solution" for this also. (Tueidjs version does)

Reactions: 1 person

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
If this is true then tueidj should hurry up :)
The only thing missing then will be alternate controller for newer Wii

Nothing impossible with Crediar :D
I put nothing past tueidj either. He has done some amazing coding in the past. The guy knows his shit better than most others on this forum.

What we be great is if crediar and tueidj teamed up. Both of them together could make anything happen, but they can still make anything happen even alone. They are both great dev's.

Reactions: 6 people

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Although there's little to go on at the moment, the prospect of two homebrew Gamecube USB loaders is pretty exciting.

WODE has been available for a few years now and it's a pretty good hardware solution; but doesn't support audio streaming. A software-based GC USB loader with full audio streaming support would be a dream come true for a lot of Gamecube fans, allowing both Wii and GC games on a USB drive. SD loading is fine, but USB loading is better, IMO.
It doesn't really matter because an SD card is just generally smaller. And not everyone has an external drive (though I wish). Just get a 16/32 GB card.

you can get a 32 gb flash drive for around as much as a 32 gb sd card. So unless you are gonna be using the sd card for a camera as well, it seems USB would be the superior option (assuming dios mios will have similar compatibility as dml)

crwys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Although there's little to go on at the moment, the prospect of two homebrew Gamecube USB loaders is pretty exciting.

WODE has been available for a few years now and it's a pretty good hardware solution; but doesn't support audio streaming. A software-based GC USB loader with full audio streaming support would be a dream come true for a lot of Gamecube fans, allowing both Wii and GC games on a USB drive. SD loading is fine, but USB loading is better, IMO.
It doesn't really matter because an SD card is just generally smaller. And not everyone has an external drive (though I wish). Just get a 16/32 GB card.

you can get a 32 gb flash drive for around as much as a 32 gb sd card. So unless you are gonna be using the sd card for a camera as well, it seems USB would be the superior option (assuming dios mios will have similar compatibility as dml)

There really is no "superior option". People buy an sd card or usb drive to what best suits their needs. Everyone has a different set up.

Reactions: 1 person

wiismodrome

flubber
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
There really is no "superior option". People buy an sd card or usb drive to what best suits their needs. Everyone has a different set up.
Perhaps, though large USB hard drives make the most sense for storing a significant collection of games. I purchased my 1 TB hard drive for less than the cost of two 32 GB SD cards, yet it offers over 15x the storage capacity. With SD, I find that I have to juggle around the games which are saved on the SD card. USB also loads faster.

IMO, the main advantage of DIOS MIOS (or Devolution) over DML would be the ability to quickly access one's whole library of GC and Wii games on one drive.

ShinyLatios

Not Quite There Yet
Trophies
Website
www.eonaegis.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Whoa, this is exciting!
I see this greatly reduces loading times (at least my load times were kind-of slow)

I can't wait for when/if it will be released :D
also, according to crediar, compatibility is same as DML current version.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I will prefer DM because I copied all my retail gc games and I sold most of them. So I can't use Devolution for all games,can I ?
You cannot say with any degree of certainty what you will prefer until you have experienced both. That's like me saying I will prefer 2014 to 2020, right now in 2012. It doesn't make sense at all. Maybe you will prefer DM. Maybe you won't. You cannot say "I will prefer..." without having tried either. You don't know how the AP will be implemented in Devolution.

klio451

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I will prefer DM because I copied all my retail gc games and I sold most of them. So I can't use Devolution for all games,can I ?
You cannot say with any degree of certainty what you will prefer until you have experienced both. That's like me saying I will prefer 2014 to 2020, right now in 2012. It doesn't make sense at all. Maybe you will prefer DM. Maybe you won't. You cannot say "I will prefer..." without having tried either. You don't know how the AP will be implemented in Devolution.
Sorry,you're absolute right.I thougt the same as you after few seconds.But then I was too lazy to correct it.If I had been you I probably would have been laughing about this silly post.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Actually he can. All we need to do is to check the facts given:

Fact #1: Devolution WILL have some sort of an AP that requires you to own an original disc. Read the original Devolution topic for reference.
Fact #2: As klio451 said, he sold most of his retail GC games, thus he can't play them with Devolution.

You see all what it took is to use common logic.

CortalRage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's like me saying I will prefer 2014 to 2020, right now in 2012.
We both know the world is going to end this year anyway. After all, one of the Mayan's many calendars only goes up to 2012. :P

Hehe disproved! Mayan calendar didnt include leap years :3 According to their calendar, the world would have ended around feburary :D

But yeah, Dios Mios and Devolution, ive been waiting for one of these two to come out :D 2TB HDD, and I want to be able to put it to use :D

snikerz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Lesotho
That's like me saying I will prefer 2014 to 2020, right now in 2012.
We both know the world is going to end this year anyway. After all, one of the Mayan's many calendars only goes up to 2012. :P

Hehe disproved! Mayan calendar didnt include leap years :3 According to their calendar, the world would have ended around feburary :D

But yeah, Dios Mios and Devolution, ive been waiting for one of these two to come out :D 2TB HDD, and I want to be able to put it to use :D

Actually he can. All we need to do is to check the facts given:

Fact #1: Devolution WILL have some sort of an AP that requires you to own an original disc. Read the original Devolution topic for reference.
Fact #2: As klio451 said, he sold most of his retail GC games, thus he can't play them with Devolution.

You see all what it took is to use common logic.

It will be cracked in no time. Especially if it leaves the running IOS intact.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sorry,you're absolute right.I thougt the same as you after few seconds.But then I was too lazy to correct it.If I had been you I probably would have been laughing about this silly post.
I guess what you meant was probably something like "I will probably prefer..." or "I prefer the idea of..." or whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool: mfw people shame me for a joke post