Homebrew Dios Mios Lite: Help with Multi-Disc Games

MrMosley01

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have every game working so far using Dios Mios Lite (from SD), through WiiFlow, except for any multi-disc games, particularly Resident Evil (remake). I've looked everywhere I can online and read multiple threads, even on this site, that have not yet resolved my issue, so I'm posting this now to hopefully get a more clear solution to this.

First off, I ripped the game using Clean Rip (both discs), then put the SD card back into my PC and formatted both ripped ISO's using DiscEx. I then took the "game.iso" file from the Disc 2 folder, renamed it "disc2.iso", and placed it within the folder containing the ISO for Disc 1 so that I have one folder titled "Resident Evil" with both "game.iso" (representing Disc 1), and "disc2.iso" (representing Disc 2) within that folder. This is the correct process from my understanding of reading what I have online thus far.

Now here's what I have come up with. Resident Evil shows up in the loader twice, once for the first disc and once for the second, which I can deal with its not really a huge problem there although I would prefer to have just one game box show up to click on. When loading the game, it loads Disc 1, and as long as I play on that disc I'm fine. The problem is when trying to load a previous save file from Disc 2, which should load properly so far as I understand. I haven't actually tried beating Disc 1 to the point of switching discs to see if that works because I assume it will work the same as trying to load a file from Disc 2, which is not at all. The game prompts me to switch the discs out, to which is sounds like it automatically does so, then I get a screen telling me that an error occurred and I would need to turn the system's power off and check the owner's manual...

So there's my problem. I've seen multiple other people have this problem and have tried to follow the instructions given by those who have tried to help, but nothing seems to be working. All of my single disc games run perfectly, but I have a few multi-disc games that I would also like to be able to back-up and play with ease as I've been told can be done.

I hope someone out there can help clear this up for me.

MrMosley01

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bumped as its been close to a week with no reply... I hate bumping topics but I'm really at a dead-end here..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Not a lot, just relaxing