Hacking DIOS MIOS! GC ISO Loader proof of concept (Starfox Assault)

• Thread starter Deleted-171178
  • Start date
  • Views 149,908
  • Replies 682
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ergo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ye gods: I'm sure this has already been stated, but just leave the guy alone! He'll either release or he won't! Who cares what his motivations are/aren't! If he releases it, great! If he doesn't, well, disappointing but as far as life goes, this is about as trivial as a triviality gets.

(And this is addressed to no one in particular...just sayin'...)

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
Ergo said:
Ye gods: I'm sure this has already been stated, but just leave Britney alone! He'll either release or he won't! Who cares what his motivations are/aren't! If he releases it, great! If he doesn't, well, disappointing but as far as life goes, this is about as trivial as a triviality gets.

LOLJK.

shame. GC loader would have been nice.
I look forward to playing Windwaker again.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
WiiCrazy said:
WiiBricker said:
I dont get the point of posting things to Crediar here as he is never going to read them. If you have something to say, join rvolution.net and do some postings there.

Well what made you think that he's not here?
smile.gif

Well, Crediar is not going to waste any time in reading comments in a piracy and troll forum for sure. What do you think why he made his DIOS MIOS Q&A at http://rvlution.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=396 ?

jan777 said:
QUOTE(Ergo @ Jul 16 2010, 06:41 AM)
Ye gods: I'm sure this has already been stated, but just leave Britney alone! He'll either release or he won't! Who cares what his motivations are/aren't! If he releases it, great! If he doesn't, well, disappointing but as far as life goes, this is about as trivial as a triviality gets.

LOLJK.

Dont forget the upcoming SD-Boot 1.0. You will be able to launch GC Games at least via SD and SDHC cards, though a SDgecko is required.

jan777

Trophies
XP
Country
WiiBricker said:
WiiCrazy said:
WiiBricker said:
I dont get the point of posting things to Crediar here as he is never going to read them. If you have something to say, join rvolution.net and do some postings there.

Well what made you think that he's not here?
smile.gif

Well, Crediar is not going to waste any time in reading comments in a piracy and troll forum for sure. What do you think why he made his DIOS MIOS Q&A at http://rvlution.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=396 ?

jan777 said:
QUOTE(Ergo @ Jul 16 2010, 06:41 AM)

LOLJK.

Dont forget the upcoming SD-Boot 1.0. You will be able to launch GC Games at least via SD and SDHC cards, though a SDgecko is required.

I would be happy, but i dont know where i could get a SD gecko here (cannot order online).

crwys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm already happy with USB-Boot with my USB Gecko so the gamecube usb loader isn't much to me besides that it will be more convenient.

jan777

Trophies
XP
Country
hmm, not bashing or something but,isnt the GC obsolete now, i mean no one is making a profit out of it now right? so why the care on piracy?

the GC was one of the late bloomers in terms of piracy and i believe that it already made it's sales.

Beige

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jan777 said:
hmm, not bashing or something but,isnt the GC obsolete now, i mean no one is making a profit out of it now right? so why the care on piracy?

the GC was one of the late bloomers in terms of piracy and i believe that it already made it's sales.

The only remaining "New" games I can find are on serious markdowns. $50USD games for $2.50USD usually, except for Wal-Mart with its total failure of "Clearance Prices."

EseHomes

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quite honestly, is any console obsolete? Yes, there are not any new games being made for older generation console (besides that one recent anniversary one for dreamcast). But people will always love certain games for certain consoles because the game play was always great with that certain game. My favorite is Super Metroid, I feel that this was the best game of all time, just my honest opinion. But as far as technological enhancements, yes, even the wii is close to obsolete mainly because it does not do HD....imho. But the games will never go out of style because they were great even to todays standard. So thats why many do want GC games on USB. There were very many great GC games.

jan777

Trophies
XP
Country
my point is, why do they care about piracy on a console that has been dead for a long time now. (dead as in, no more new games, not in production)

EseHomes

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jan777 said:
my point is, why do they care about piracy on a console that has been dead for a long time now. (dead as in, no more new games, not in production)
because, it is still theft of their code. Plain and simple. Who cares if they're still making money on it or not, their code is being stolen and traded illegally.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Ooh, this is exciting. My Wii DVD drive just went kaput, and so right now all I can run is homebrew, channels, and Wii USB Loaders. No GC. I hope this comes out soon.

Edit: SD-Boot? How do i use that? I have an SD Gecko.

crwys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiBricker said:
crwys said:
I'm already happy with USB-Boot with my USB Gecko so the gamecube usb loader isn't much to me besides that it will be more convenient.
USB-Boot sucks in speed and because of the need of an USB Gecko.

Plays all the games I have just fine at almost full speed and if you pirates are too cheap to even buy a USB Gecko or even donate to crediar or buy a wode, then move along.

jan777

Trophies
XP
Country
EseHomes said:
jan777 said:
because, it is still theft of their code. Plain and simple. Who cares if they're still making money on it or not, their code is being stolen and traded illegally.

fair enough.

i always thought piracy is associated with the company not making profit because of people buying bootlegs or just DL'ing shit and stuff.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you are right jan777, piracy is when you steal someones work to make your own profit and avoid the company from making a profit.

downloading a gamecube game is more like stealing, but i consider it borrowing. like if i borrowed the game from my cousins who have like 150 retail GC games.

laws dictate that downloading it is "stealing" or "pirating" but "borrowing" from my cousin is the equivalent of stealing but not viewed that way. the only difference in these scenarios is that i downloaded it instead of driving to their house.

dios mios will not help or hinder piracy in anyway. end of story.

LocoRoco

Trophies
XP
Country
when you take it from your cousin its still a paid for game but if you copy the game for your self then its the same as downloading

B

Bladeforce

OP
EseHomes said:
jan777 said:
would you like people to just take your car from the drive without asking even though you've never driven it for a few years?

Lexip;

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bladeforce said:
EseHomes said:
jan777 said:
would you like people to just take your car from the drive without asking even though you've never driven it for a few years?

Completely different. In your situation there is only 1 car. You cannot copy a car. It just makes no sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J17C-U9Cs0E