megawalk

The Legendary SRW Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Interesting Youkai- if it does turn out like that (and given we are at open beta stage....) I can see why they might have gone for it (complexity it not always the friend of the game developer looking to make a proper mass market affair and trying to wind a story into that is even worse). The only problem is they are one of the few that make proper multiplayer dungeon crawlers these days (I was well looking forward to some nice co-op action last year and ended up with dungeon siege 3 which was OK but not what those that played the earlier entries expected and ) and as much as I like such games they are so much better with someone on the same LAN as you also inducing RSI.
Indeed outside of plundering some of the Russian games that last thing I can think of that did it properly was Sacred 2 (Dungeons and Dragons: Daggerdale I am not counting and LOTR war in the north was OK but not a diablo killer or indeed fully fledged dungeon crawler).

To be fair I was not really set to play this* partially on principle (that online stuff does not sit right with me) and partially because it did not make a great impression as the months dragged on. *actively avoiding/"boycotting" is not something I would go in for but probably another I guess I did not play it when it came out and never got around to it.

Guess I will wait for Sacred 3 or see whatever the next game in the fate series is like (although FATE: The Cursed King did not seem to do well).

Sacred 3 was announced by deep silver as soon as they had Ascaron in the pocket, sad, Ascaron was an awesome company, hopefully they'll leave any plans for Sacred games only touchable by the ascaron department

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: +1