Dexter

MFDC12

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, anyone like dexter? the new season starts up in 2 days!
personally only read book 1 and part of book 2, but i need to finish.

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just FYI, the first book was pretty good, the second book was okay, and the third book went off the rails into the supernatural.

Also, some very critical people in the show are not present in the later books. No spoilers, but that's the best I can explain it.

pitman

Addicted to Magical Girls
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
I'm very excited for season 5
Thank god Rita is gone, I didn't see that coming
Last season John Lithgow performance was great.

Never read the books but I'll probably get to them when the show ends,

MFDC12

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jesterscourt said:
Just FYI, the first book was pretty good, the second book was okay, and the third book went off the rails into the supernatural.

Also, some very critical people in the show are not present in the later books. No spoilers, but that's the best I can explain it.

hmm. i know the shows strayed very far from the books. ill have to read and find out haha

QUOTE(pitman @ Sep 24 2010, 09:04 PM) Last season John Lithgow performance was great.

wasn't it? season 4 was my favorite for sure. i got chills at the thanksgiving dinner scene

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I think Dexter is the best series I´ve ever watched. It´s intriguiging in the fact that I´m constantly trying to imagine what it would be like to be a psychopath like him. And the fact that he tries so hard to be ´normal´ makes him almost adorable.

MFDC12

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so, what did everyone think of the premier?
i think it will be a good season, but i think it will be hard to top 4. after not liking 2 as much as the 1st and almost despising 3 i had low hopes for 4, but i was proven wrong, so who knows, i might like this best
smile.gif

Gore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
0ddity said:
Was pretty sweet.

What was that place he torched, if it was his shed wouldn't that be a bit suspicious to the fbi?

Major plot spoiler:
It's the shipping crate that he was found in, the place where his mom was killed and he and Brian were left in her blood 2 inches thick for three days.

I am kinda iffy about the new season's first episode.. it started off bad, then got interesting, then strayed off into mediocre.
Hopefully it gets back into the rhythm next week

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My friend kept telling me to watch it so I "obtained" Seasons 1-4 and I'm on Season 4 right now. Absolutely fantastic show.

Season 3 was probably the weakest so far and my favorite has to be probably Season 1. I just love it. It's like part CSI, part American Psycho, all awesome. Character development is really good here and the mind games between characters are really good. Only thing that annoys me is a few subplots they layout that don't really have any relevance to the main story and don't really come back again.

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Told the wife she couldn't watch the opener till she finished the last season last ep first.

Last ep did NOT amuse her, but yeah I was a bit bummed too.

I have seen 5 01 and 02 thus far as I type. Same excellent writing as always (the show I refer to I have read no books).

I consider Dexter to be about the best TV show I have seen in decades. It keeps you coming back.

0ddity

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Icealote said:
I miss that Afro american cop that used to bug Dexter all the time XD that Dexter headbutt was priceless...

Quinn seems to be making himself the same pain in Dexter's ass that Doakes was, which could lead to similar character dynamics.

MFDC12

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
0ddity said:
Icealote said:
I miss that Afro american cop that used to bug Dexter all the time XD that Dexter headbutt was priceless...

Quinn seems to be making himself the same pain in Dexter's ass that Doakes was, which could lead to similar character dynamics.

I doubt it will go the way that Doakes led to. Quinn got in Dexter's case both season 3 and 4, but he is starting to dig around too. Who knows.

For the record, im glad doakes
died. hated him with a passion
smile.gif

antwill

Better Than You
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
MFDC12 said:
0ddity said:
Icealote said:

I doubt it will go the way that Doakes led to. Quinn got in Dexter's case both season 3 and 4, but he is starting to dig around too. Who knows.

smile.gif
It happened in 2007, surely you don't need spoiler tags...

MFDC12

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
antwill said:
MFDC12 said:
0ddity said:
Icealote said:

smile.gif
It happened in 2007, surely you don't need spoiler tags...

so? its not like everyone has seen the show..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Floridawoman is the only thing that can ruin Floridaman +1