FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This may be the wrong section but meh it is Deus Ex.

Anyhow Deus Ex was released on the PC several years ago and it raised the bar for FPS titles (story, RPG overtones etc). Now news of sequel and a teaser trailer (no in game just some imagery).
http://www.gamerevolution.com/news/view.php?id=3454

Sidenote: anyone in need of a game to play for the next week of so I highly suggest grabbing a copy of this from a supermarket games rack. Specs while high for the time are laughable right now and no-cd patching is as simple as editing the ini file to get rid of the CD line.
Multiplayer was added with a subsequent update and is not bad either.

Edit: my bad I did not realise this was very old news.

MaHe

one lazy schmo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slovenia
It was announced a long time ago. The first teaser is even out.
But I doubt anyone will ever be able to produce a game as great as Deus Ex was. It's the pinnacle of gaming.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
After deus ex 2 I can only cry at this. Leave it be , you did enough damage to the name with deus ex 2.

cry.gif

cenotaph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The game is going to be powered by the same engine as Tomb Raider: Anniversary (see this interview with the project lead). What the fuck.

Repeat after me: what. The. Fuck?

Tomb Raider and Deus Ex don't even play similarly. Also, that engine is one of the most shoddy, multi-platform pieces of crap I've ever seen. There's also something about using an engine designed for a low-grade, "appeal-by-the-lowest-common-demeanor" game for one that's going to follow up on one of the greatest games ever made (referring to DX1) that leaves me harboring disgust.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: