Hacking Desprately need help on GW 3.1.1 Willing to pay up to 10$ to someone who can help me

pikanag

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make folders in emunand. Reboot, verify that the folders are not present. Boot emunand, verify that they are. Leave 3DS connected to wifi in sleep mode to download update. Verify folders are still present. Click OK for update.
Okay so i booted gateway mode, made 3 folders to the far right spelling EMU

i rebooted my 3ds and see they are not there

booted back into gateway mode via cubic ninja

the EMU folders are there

is it safe to say i am in emunand? even though the settings don't say GW?

Oishikatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so i booted gateway mode, made 3 folders to the far right spelling EMU

i rebooted my 3ds and see they are not there

booted back into gateway mode via cubic ninja

the EMU folders are there

is it safe to say i am in emunand? even though the settings don't say GW?

Yes. Now update following cearp's method - put the 3DS into sleep with the folders visible, wait for it to download the update, and then press OK to update.

Remember if you go into settings, then out of settings you will be back in sysnand.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
just please remember gw mode does NOT necessarily mean emunand...
i think i read about some guy who didn't know/forgot to make emunand -- he saw the multirom menu and though that meant he was not in sysnand. and he updated sysnand, lol

Reactions: Lucifer666

roxararmada

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Whatever you do, make double sure you have formatted emunand in gateway menu before you update and even better, unlink sys and emunand.

Edit : OP formatted emunand.

Never thought of 3D tracking as a way to distinguish gateway mode, nice!

I have a better advice. After format your emunand, go in SysNand and change the language ( put in deutch). Like that, you now exatly if you're on sys/emuNand.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Change the language, Jap 3DS only has 1 language lol,
btw does this work on 8.0? I believe my N3DS is in 8.0 and its also jap, I too have a GW and a Sky3DS (arriving soon)

oh sure, i couldn't see what he was replying too, but yeah i now see the language thing :)
really, all i do it have big home menu icons on sysnand, and small ones on emunand. very simple... :)
yes, it will work for you.

Ugothacked

Trophies
Website
UgotHacked.webs.com
XP
Country
United States
oh sure, i couldn't see what he was replying too, but yeah i now see the language thing :)
really, all i do it have big home menu icons on sysnand, and small ones on emunand. very simple... :)
yes, it will work for you.

Haha its ok, and thanks for the info, cant wait for my Sky3DS to arrive to do the gateway exploit lol

Reactions: cearp

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's a glitch where the GW doesn't show up in 8.1J emunand.

Here's a tip: Make folders for each NAND and move icons around. If they stick (ie. SYS for sysnand and EMU for emunand) then you know when you're in each mode. I played it safe and did the sleep update like cearp.

but it says on GW's site under the new 3.1.1 update that they fixed the no GW before FW version in settings bug , maybe they did't fix it for jap though?

pikanag

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks everybody!!!!! i finally got it working! it turns out it was a glitch. it didn't say "GW8.1J" when i booted into emunand but i did what the eevee said and made new folders. i took a risk and updated it. it now says GW 9.5J and my games are working. ty everybody!

Reactions: cearp

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1