Hacking Deleted the homebrew channel (through Data Mgmt.)

Supakitsune

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A few months ago, I deleted the homebrew channel from my 4.3-U Wii, figuring I wasn't going to be using it for homebrew any longer.
Well, turns out my lack of foresight is now my undoing, because now I want to use homebrew again, and I can't.
I don't own any of the games that can be used for loading HackMii Installer, but I THINK I still have bootmii/boot2 installed. Is it possible to regenerate the SD card files needed to load bootmii/boot2, and then work from there?

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Just because you aren't going to use homebrew, that doesn't mean you should delete valuable brick protection. Follow these steps:

1) Slap yourself.
2) Eject the SD card.
3) Turn off the Wii.
4) Turn on the Wii and wait to see if blue disc light flashes once or twice.
5) Post your results.
6) Slap yourself again.

Supakitsune

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tch. Ah well, I'll just be more careful next time. Thanks.
smile.gif

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
correct mii if i'm wrong Joostin, but if you have priiloader, you can re-enable Bannerbomb (in the hacks menu) and make it so at least you don't need a game exploit....

or...or...if you still have functionl USB loading (including 249 installed at least) and any one of the games on USB, you could theoretically launch the game via USB and run the exploit that way....

NOTE: none of this should take the place of properly remodding using Modmii, but at least it will get you beyond the required game based exploit for 4.3: install HBC, then use modmii and skip the HBC install step....then never again uninstall HBC...

Supakitsune

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's the thing, though; I don't have anything like that left on my system. I updated to 4.3U, and ended up deleting the homebrew channel. The only thing left of the Homebrew Channel on my Wii is the save data from it. And bootmii/boot2 is gone, as well.

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...yeah, ur screwed then (like Joostin said)....virgin remod required (including a game) unless you have a forwarder.... i didn't realize you had updated to 4.3...was thinking you just deleted HBC....

Supakitsune

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My mistake, I wasn't quite clear on that at first. Sorry. Anyway, I'm gonna ask around with my friends to see if any of them still have Brawl on a proper disc, then work from there. Thanks again, everyone.
smile.gif

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
brausm08 said:
correct mii if i'm wrong Joostin, but if you have priiloader, you can re-enable Bannerbomb (in the hacks menu) and make it so at least you don't need a game exploit....
Lol, facepalm for not asking that. It is so #%*@ing hot in this house (AC went out and my room is around 85-90 degrees), and I'm not thinking quite clear.

W hat

Rhythm Heaven Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can also wait for Giantpune's mailbox-based hack, but who knows how long that will be.

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
W hat said:
You can also wait for Giantpune's mailbox-based hack and Modmii to then be updated to compile it for you, but who knows how long that will be.
based on Joostin's comment, let me fix this for you....
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-6512692/arcade-1-up-infinity-50-games-game-board.jsp?pfm=bdrecs...