ROM Hack Decrypt the key to access to the demo of Pokemon sun and moon

Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
how many times do we have to say it: WITHOUT THE ENC TITLEKEY YOU CAN NEVER PLAY IT. YOU CAN ONLY GET THE KEY THROUGH E-SHOP RELEASE!!!!!!

iwant to play it badly like any other but we have to wait

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

the way how its decrypted.....is uncrackable (would take maaanny years to finish even with the best pc in the world.....but i think its uncrackable)

Procyon

TheRealProcyon
Trophies
Website
discord.me
XP
Country
Netherlands
ask to nintendo :rofl2:

Or just find a way of locating it hidden in plainsight :rofl2:

Directly from 3dbrew:

The unencrypted Title Key is used to encrypt the data in a CIA. The encrypted Title Key of a CIA can be found at offset 0x1BF in a CIA's Ticket. Each Title Key is encrypted with AES-CBC to get the encrypted Title Key.

To encrypt an unencrypted title key, you need:

• Common key (as byte array)
  • Title ID (as ulong)
  • (and of course the unencrypted title key you want to encrypt) (as byte array)
The title key encryption process starts by converting the ulong (Title ID) into a byte array using by retrieving the bytes of the Title ID using BitConverter.GetBytes(). If the converted bytes (title ID) are in Little Endian, reverse those bytes. (in C# it would be Array.Reverse(byte_array_from_bitconverter)) This process makes the Title Key encryption IV.

Next, after you've gotten your Title Key's IV, you can start your cryptography transformation. Using AESManaged, where:

Key = Common Key

IV = the byte array found in the conversion process above

Mode = CipherMode.CBC

Create the encryptor (AesManaged.CreateEncryptor(key, iv)) where the key and IV are both the same as above.

Then, create a CryptoStream and a MemoryStream. The Crypto stream should start with the arguments (memorystream, aes_transform_from_above, CryptoStreamMode.Write).

Write to the CryptoStream where buffer=unencrypted_titlekey, offset=0, and count=the length of the unencrypted title key.

Use FlushFinalBlock() on the CryptoStream.

Finally, then, the encrypted title key will be available from your memory stream. (to output the calculated encrypted title key as a byte array, you can use memorystream.ToArray(), for example)

Example function: (C#)

Code:
public static byte[] EncryptMyTitleKey(byte[] commonKey, byte[] titleKey, ulong titleId)
{
// Make encryption IV
byte[] titleidasbytes = new byte[0x10];
for (int i = 0; i < 0x10; i++)
{
titleidasbytes[i] = 0;
}
byte[] bitBytes = BitConverter.GetBytes(titleId);
if (BitConverter.IsLittleEndian)
{
Array.Reverse(bitBytes);
}
bitBytes.CopyTo(titleidasbytes, 0);
// Encrypt
ICryptoTransform transform = new AesManaged { Key = commonKey, IV = titleidasbytes, Mode = CipherMode.CBC }.CreateEncryptor(commonKey, titleidasbytes);
MemoryStream memstream = new MemoryStream();
CryptoStream cryptostream = new CryptoStream(memstream, transform, CryptoStreamMode.Write);
cryptostream.Write(titleKey, 0, titleKey.Length);
cryptostream.FlushFinalBlock();
return memstream.ToArray();
}

Reactions: Purple_Heart

Procyon

TheRealProcyon
Trophies
Website
discord.me
XP
Country
Netherlands
that not "TitleKey" but "DecryptedTitleKey". is different.

Also

Tickets are a format used to store an encrypted titlekey (using 128-Bit AES-CBC). With 3DS, the Ticket format was updated (now v1) from Wii/DSi format (v0).

it's reversible (decryptable) using the enc titlekey from tickets db. And no it's about the same thing.

that not "TitleKey" but "DecryptedTitleKey". is different. but still we need seed key too lol.

Yeah, I was saying you need the keys to be able to decrypt, so it's (almost) impossible

Reactions: Purple_Heart
D

Deleted User

either wait almost an eternity for bruteforcing or 2 weeks for the release of the demo, make your decision

Thelostrune

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
it's leaked?
What's truly sad is that people like you, especially you for some reason, fall for this each and every time.
Honestly, you should all take lessons about common sense. You will hear about it overnight if it gets cracked, which most likely will not happen. Just wait for the 18th, okay?

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For fuck sakes, do people not understand even basics of encryption? Nintendo are idiots sometimes, but they aren't going to fuck up basic encryption. There is no possible way to decrypt this rom until they release the key on their servers. Unless someone gets lucky as fuck and just happens to pull the title key out of their ass and decrypts it (fun fact: they won't, its a 2^128 chance, idgaf about what ifs, its basic statistics), we will not see it early. These threads are pointless, people on youtube have a stick up their ass and just want money, and those who say they actually have it are just trolling.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also happy birthday @Xdqwerty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it me you're looking for?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    'Cause I wonder where you are
    wait I got the lyrics mixed up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And I wonder what you do...Lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all good, I'm here to talk to you.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hello
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing fallout4 all day, I went into a elevator and it kept going, never stopped, waited 5 minutes, must of been a bug. How bout you, whatcha do today?
    +1
    I'm wondering why a stray tuxedo cat has a cloudy eye
    I've been playing TOTK all day also
    +1
    Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Awesome game, fun how they force you to build, but you can build as you want
    It is super fun, I actually prefer it over BoTW
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls
    Ah yes, that guy lol. I still need to find all his signs. The game has a lot to do though so I don't know what to finish first
    I'm 120 hours in and am still like 44.4% done
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good times. Building is starting to get good around now for you. You making me want to make run thru again.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All I gotta do is not spend $10 in the next 5 days and I'll break even this month lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, tell your wife not to forget her wallet
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/YMAa6obDNZs?si=rymChLKeTdyS8nqk