Death Stranding Director's Cut heads to PC this Spring

adsdsadasdas.png

After initially launching as a PlayStation exclusive, Hideo Kojima's Death Stranding Director's Cut will be arriving on the PC platform. Publisher 505 Games will be porting the game to both Steam and the Epic Games Store, with a planned release frame of Spring 2022. This version of the game will utilize Xe Super Sampling technology from Intel, while the gameplay itself will see the addition of new items from the Director's Cut, including combat abilities, vehicles, areas, and more. Originally, Death Stranding was released as a PlayStation 4 exclusive in 2019, was ported to PC in 2020, and then the Director's Cut launched on PlayStation 5 last September.

KOJIMA PRODUCTIONS and 505 Games are absolutely delighted to announce that DEATH STRANDING DIRECTOR’S CUT will launch simultaneously on both Steam and the Epic Games Store in Spring 2022.

Now coming to PC, DEATH STRANDING DIRECTOR’S CUT is the definitive DEATH STRANDING experience and will, for the first time, incorporate Intel’s new Xe Super Sampling (XeSS) graphics technology for an enhanced experience for PC players. XeSS uses machine learning to enable players to explore the unique environment of DEATH STRANDING DIRECTOR’S CUT in high graphical detail along with elevated performance.

We know our wonderfully passionate PC community have been asking for DEATH STRANDING DIRECTOR’S CUT for quite some time now, so we’re thrilled to be able to confirm its existence today.

:arrow: Source

Jayinem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've beaten probably over 600 games if you just count a game beaten by at least finishing the story and not all the side stuff, and I'm a huge Hideo Kojima fan and have beaten every one of his games EXCEPT Death Stranding. I can't believe the guy who made Metal Gear Solid made a game where you're a post-apocalyptic mailman.

Reactions: Augusto101

Medveitsi

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Still a better option than EGS.

I've claimed just about every EGS free game, but the store feels barebones compared to Steam. No user reviews, no communities, and EGS launcher is kinda buggy for me (the library shows in black and white while the marketplace is in color... Wtf).

EGS launched three years ago and hasn't improved much since then.
They are black and white because you have not installed them

• Haha
Reactions: Dr_Faustus

JonJaded

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has it been 6 months already? I'm really hoping theres a DLC to upgrade the base DEATH STRANDING on PC. Friend and I went half/half on it and we both haven't played it, haha. This would be the push.

Edit: Should be out March...

Last edited by JonJaded,

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Still a better option than EGS.

I've claimed just about every EGS free game, but the store feels barebones compared to Steam. No user reviews, no communities, and EGS launcher is kinda buggy for me (the library shows in black and white while the marketplace is in color... Wtf).

EGS launched three years ago and hasn't improved much since then.
It shows games in black and white that you do not have installed. Installed games are colored.
Edit: oh, someone else beat me to it.

Last edited by Arras,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: [goes back to 🛌 ] zzzzzzzzzzzzzz +1