Hacking D2CKey GC Audio Fix.. Is It 100% Working?

Spec2K

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The reason I ask this is beause I tried a backup of Super Smash Brother Melee The GameCube version and I was getting some distorted sounds during gameplay.. i mean it didn't sound that bad.. but it was enough that I noticed and maybe I thought that the gc audio fix is still not perfect on the d2ckey.

Oh yea, Here's the disk I used to burn in onto and the speed.

-Ritek MiniDVD
-Burned At 1x
-Used Pioneer A08 Burner
-used Nero Software To Burn

Wii backups seem to play fine with no glitches or sound issues.. so far a flawless chip except for this gc audio glitchthat I encountered.

Anyone else that has had this problem?

Spec2K

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually I just checked my MiniDVD brand.. and they're not Riteks they are some brand called , AML?

never heard of 'em.. anywayz it was the only 5 piece batch I had of minidvd's.. so now since i used these disks I think it could be them.. Gonna grab a fresh batch of verbatim minidvd's tomorrow and reburn.. that might solve the issue, i hope.

but anyway if anyone still has any word that this is normal please let me know.. oh yeah, and the version of SSBM I got was a proper version that was from the net.

thx.

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I don't think smash melee requires the audiofix.
I've been playing this game on my modded wii too. But the chip currently is programmed with an outdated firmware that does not have audiofix. But that game (and all other cube games I have) do not have any audio problems.

And indeed, you don't need minidvd's. Just use normal DVD's. You can even put multiple games on a single DVD.

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
audiofix works fine on the d2ckey.

but you could have problems with gc games from another region.
use the gcos bootdisc first and then insert your import game.

Not that many games use streaming audio, i know that waverace and 1080 avalanche use it
smile.gif

Spec2K

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I burned another backup release from the net for backup purposes, The Legend Of Zelda Collectors Edition Proper released by nomis and it works fine on these minidvd's with no audio distortion at all, working flawless but the mario brother melee has this minor audio distortion.

Also the reason I bunred it on minidvd is also so it'll work on my gc. So now I'm thinking it may be the minidvd brand I'll try reburning it. Also this is the USA Proper release by STINKYCUBE.

Peace.

bigpetewhu

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi All,

I seem to have trouble playing Gamecube back ups, do I have to do something special to be able to play ??

I've got a Wii (pal) with the D2Ckey, everytime try to load the back ups it seems to freeze with either black or Green screen. All Wii back ups work great using Imgburn and using Verbatim - R dvd's.

Cheers

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKyNPg7UIIc