Cyberpunk 2077's massive 1.2 patch is available on PC and console, has over 30GB worth of bugfixes

Screen Shot 2021-03-29 at 9.29.14 PM.png

Taking a little bit longer than expected, the 1.2 patch for Cyberpunk 2077 is finally here. The patch makes numerous changes and fixes to the game, spanning all sorts of improvements, such as more reliable NPC behavior, bugfixes for quests, overall stability, better driving, and "hundreds" of other tweaks. You can download the patch—which comes in at a whopping 34GB on PC and more than 45GB for consoles—on PlayStation 4, PC, and Xbox One, with an update for Stadia players to arrive soon. This isn't the end to further updates for Cyberpunk 2077, either, as CD Projekt Red still plans on releasing more patches in the future.

:arrow: Source

RichardTheKing

Honestly XC2>XC3...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Wow, this updates of tons of GBs are remind me of Fallout 76-
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5. That "update" was multiple tens of GB, from what I recall - because it contained most of that rushed we're-about-to-lose-the-license-we-need-to-use-it-pronto disaster of a game.

Shorty30

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The download size is somewhat large, but a lot of it is just replacing existing files. After installing the update, the game folder is about 62 GB. I'm guessing it was roughly the same size before the update.

Yep they only overwrite existing files, its maybe a bit bigger but not much.
After work i take a look what they done.

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sad they're patching where if you throw a body in the trunk of a car, it starts the car and it takes off. Could have done body trunk races but now they ruined it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

well looks like im stupid

GOG says hello!

(For real, if GOG could get Steam's game library, I'd switch to then in a heartbeat. DRM only hurts paying customers IMO)

seseiSeki

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
holy christ... I miss the days when a game was just a few hundred megs... 1999 was so good to me.
You don't have to go that far back. FAST RMX on Switch was just under 900MB, when it released. It got updates which included six new courses, increasing the size to about 920MB. I know, that it's easier to optimize a racing game, but I still think, that's pretty impressive.

pcwizard7

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I ve been one of the people who haven't brought the game until it's in a good state for the simple reason you only get the first time playthrough experience once

so I will be interested to see feedback on this patch. another sign would also be if it gets back on sony store

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Over 30GB? Sounds like a lot of un-optimized code, yikes. I miss the days when a game that's two discs long could be ported to just 64MB of space. (Resident Evil 2 for the N64.)

Sadly, game devs don't believe in storage space optimizations or compression in games anymore.

That was done by reducing quality of sprites, video, audio, framerate and taking advantage that the Nintendo 64 was for CRT TVs. Is freaking impossible to do the same for "HD" videogame consoles unless they made a retro version of the game that looked like.... a PS1 game.

But really at this point they may as well forget about making an update and just make you download a new already patched version of the game.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
call of duty black ops I think had a 100GB patch which basically overwritten the entire game

This makes me wonder why Sega that released the infamous Sonic 2006 on PS3 and XBOX 360 didn't bother with updates, probably because it was 2006 and 80% of people had very slow internet. Also the PS3 didn't have much storage in the original model.

Luz Noceda

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
My guess is it won't arrive

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

This makes me wonder why Sega that released the infamous Sonic 2006 on PS3 and XBOX 360 didn't bother with updates, probably because it was 2006 and 80% of people had very slow internet. Also the PS3 didn't have much storage in the original model.
Sorry maybe a bit offtopic
But Sonic 06 is one of my favorite sonic games
Cuz of the soundtrack and style and the nostalgia
Not cuz the glitches winch makes the game a buggy mess

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Eh, Ghost of Tsushima and Persona 5 Royal are 2020's GotYs. Unlike Cyberpunk, these two were actually functional on release, and massively enjoyable.
CP2077 wasn't eligible for GOTY 2020 anyway, it'll be eligible for 2021. Not that I believe it'll win or even necessarily be nominated, of course.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Hey hey!