Homebrew Custom Theme Thread

HexZyle

Pretty Petty Pedant
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Just put together some Analogue: A Hate Story ones since I didn't see any on the theme site. Worked hard towards getting the music to intro and then loop correctly. :) (especially Hyun-ae's theme, which I wasn't sure would loop, but it's synthed and I lucked out on the right spot) Hyun-ae's "Innocence" theme, (Which I incorrectly called "Cheer" on the site) and Mute's "Rescue" theme.

https://3dsthemes.com/Search/analogue

Preview.png
Preview.png

Last edited by HexZyle,
Reactions: ~Poke~

~Poke~

Trophies
XP
Country

HexZyle

Pretty Petty Pedant
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Nice! This was on my mind but turns out you just beat me, now I gotta go do some Hate Plus ones :P (Or maybe some of that LKIAB promo art would be good).

Oh my bad, lol. I was planning on doing some Hate Plus ones afterwards, (working on the Harem Analogue theme now) but I haven't actually completed Hate Plus (although I have passed the major spoiler bit) so I didn't want to sift through all the artwork I extracted from the rpa file incase I stumbled on something I hadn't encountered yet. (Was definitely going to make a cake theme xD)

I certainly put off playing it for almost a year because the AR bit on Hyun-ae's storyline really put me in a spin into what counts as "immersion" and I'm not very good at motivation, let alone cooking.

If you need some cwavs, I can send them your way.

~Poke~

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh my bad, lol. I was planning on doing some Hate Plus ones afterwards, (working on the Harem Analogue theme now) but I haven't actually completed Hate Plus (although I have passed the major spoiler bit) so I didn't want to sift through all the artwork I extracted from the rpa file incase I stumbled on something I hadn't encountered yet. (Was definitely going to make a cake theme xD)

I certainly put off playing it for almost a year because the AR bit on Hyun-ae's storyline really put me in a spin into what counts as "immersion" and I'm not very good at motivation, let alone cooking.

If you need some cwavs, I can send them your way.
This theme is really good, nice attention to detail, so don't let me stop you from making more! I can think of a few variations and colour schemes so there's plenty of room for eneryone's themes.

I think the bgm on the Hyun-Ae version is broken by the way. It starts up with the expected song, but then switches to some kind of guitar cover I don't recognise. I guess the files got mixed up? Mute sounds great though!

Iiiiii did bake the cake on my first playthrough, because my sister happened to be up and already wanted to bake one. That is honestly my favourite steam achievement I have (though I think Christine checks it less regularly now, so if you go for it be prepared to wait a few weeks). Conveniently on later playthroughs, you're allowed to say "I already baked you one in an alternate reality!" so it isn't an annoying thing you have to do every time.

If your cwavs are menu sounds then that would be really nice, thanks! I've got the full soundtrack but decompiling a game for beep boops sounds kinda complicated :P

HexZyle

Pretty Petty Pedant
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I think the bgm on the Hyun-Ae version is broken by the way. It starts up with the expected song, but then switches to some kind of guitar cover I don't recognise. I guess the files got mixed up? Mute sounds great though!

The hell? I think I know what cover you're talking about, and I'm thinking "how would that have even gotten in there?" I never ever converted that to .mp3 (it's a video), let alone .wav, let alone btscm. I've been listening to a guitar cover a lot while working on the themes.

I was extremely happy about the files for mute's theme I found in the game because they were set out so that having an intro and looping them would be very easy (exactly 30 seconds for intro, exactly 45 seconds for loop) plus it's the best theme from the game :P

though I think Christine checks it less regularly now, so if you go for it be prepared to wait a few weeks

I submitted it at the start of this year, still haven't received a reply :(

If your cwavs are menu sounds then that would be really nice, thanks! I've got the full soundtrack but decompiling a game for beep boops sounds kinda complicated :P

The decompiling of the game isn't the hard bit, just use RPA Extractor on the sole RPA file in Analogue, and the two in Hate Plus (Hate Plus has a lot of the files from Analogue that aren't even used in Hate Plus, which is odd) The tricky bit the deal with the Nintendo SDK required to convert from .wav to .cwav. Oh, unless you've already got that.

Last edited by HexZyle,

~Poke~

Trophies
XP
Country
I submitted it at the start of this year, still haven't received a reply :(
Huh, that's weird. I submitted it a little after Valentines day (that's when I got the bundle) and I got a reply after a few days. I only say weeks now because I've seen some tweets about it.

The decompiling of the game isn't the hard bit, just use RPA Extractor on the sole RPA file in Analogue, and the two in Hate Plus (Hate Plus has a lot of the files from Analogue that aren't even used in Hate Plus, which is odd) The tricky bit the deal with the Nintendo SDK required to convert from .wav to .cwav. Oh, unless you've already got that.
Oh, huh. I've converted bctsm and etc really easily with that one tool, I figured this would be the same.
I don't really know my way around RenPy but I'm seeing a few RPAs in Analogue. "data" "dlc1" "nd" "sorry_about_this" (lol)

HexZyle

Pretty Petty Pedant
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Oh, huh. I've converted bctsm and etc really easily with that one tool, I figured this would be the same.
I don't really know my way around RenPy but I'm seeing a few RPAs in Analogue. "data" "dlc1" "nd" "sorry_about_this" (lol)

BGM is stored as btscm. Sound effects are converted to cwav files, then all lumped together in one archive, and loaded into the .bin

Oh. I've only got "data" because my current install of Analogue is an old pirated copy. (I own the game on Steam now since I bought the full Hate package, but don't have that much data to spare for downloading things)

BTW, when you got that wierd music with the Hyun-ae theme, had you restored the 3DS to the default theme before installing it?

~Poke~

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh. I've only got "data" because my current install of Analogue is an old pirated copy. (I own the game on Steam now since I bought the full Hate package, but don't have that much data to spare for downloading things)

BTW, when you got that wierd music with the Hyun-ae theme, had you restored the 3DS to the default theme before installing it?
Yeah, I always do since I get errors otherwise. It's definitely not from my previous theme (Life is Strange) or something I've ever heard before.

HexZyle

Pretty Petty Pedant
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Yeah, I always do since I get errors otherwise. It's definitely not from my previous theme (Life is Strange) or something I've ever heard before.

Is it this? Because if it is, your 3DS is fucking psychic. I never converted it to btscm, and I don't hear it even when I redownload and reinstall the theme, and there's no way that it'd be able to fit in that file alongside the regular theme. The only way it would have managed to get in is due to some sort of artifacting and overlapping of my sound hardware when creating the bcstm file and listening to the song at the same time. And even then, it'd only pass my detection if for some reason my 3DS failed to refresh the BGM. Right now I'm swapping themes to see if I can get the same thing to happen on my 3DS.

~Poke~

Trophies
XP
Country
No, that's not it. It really didn't sound recognisable as music from analogue, it sounded acoustic. I thought you accidentally uploaded something from another theme.
But. I just put the Hyun Ae theme on again after Mute's and... it still doesn't sound right, but it is the right music. It sounds kinda distorted. I guess it might just be a bad file? I'm going to try some more swapping.
If it is just a bad file I'd blame ftp on my side, since it's working for you. Maybe being so close to the size limit is a problem? I'm on a new 3ds. This is just really weird, I didn't know this could happen.

HexZyle

Pretty Petty Pedant
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
No, that's not it. It really didn't sound recognisable as music from analogue, it sounded acoustic. I thought you accidentally uploaded something from another theme.
But. I just put the Hyun Ae theme on again after Mute's and... it still doesn't sound right, but it is the right music. It sounds kinda distorted. I guess it might just be a bad file? I'm going to try some more swapping.
If it is just a bad file I'd blame ftp on my side, since it's working for you. Maybe being so close to the size limit is a problem? I'm on a new 3ds. This is just really weird, I didn't know this could happen.

Acoustic? If it's my fault, the only other thing it could be (what I've also been listening to a lot) that is acoustic is this playlist. (I've been listening to an excessive amount of "A Proper Story", "In Case of Trouble", and "Spike In A Rail")

Try a redownload?

~Poke~

Trophies
XP
Country
Acoustic? If it's my fault, the only other thing it could be (what I've also been listening to a lot) that is acoustic is this playlist. (I've been listening to an excessive amount of "A Proper Story", "In Case of Trouble", and "Spike In A Rail")

Try a redownload?
Ok it's definitely a bad file on my end. After the intro, it switches to the music from the last theme I had (even though I switched to basic inbetween) at a different speed and pitch... sometimes with hilarious results xD
Anyway I blame ftp.
Still kinda curious that this is a thing though :P

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Ok it's definitely a bad file on my end. After the intro, it switches to the music from the last theme I had (even though I switched to basic inbetween) at a different speed and pitch... sometimes with hilarious results xD
Anyway I blame ftp.
Still kinda curious that this is a thing though :P
Please send me that file!

~Poke~

Trophies
XP
Country
Please send me that file!
Here, I put it on mega. Looking at it now it's tiny, so it definitely just got cut off. Thanks ftp. I guess if the file doesn't end properly the 3ds just keeps playing what was there last time, but all broken haha.
https://mega.nz/#!7oABULhJ!rD3sdSOWS-T0TMDHYOImgtorXp_qh-7-H5hTOvN8NsY
I only really figured it out once I put a song with words on... which was hilarious. Here's a tiny video via twitter because it seemed easiest. https://twitter.com/janeclocker/status/643032289283338240

I recopied it and it works great now, sorry for the confusion!

Last edited by ~Poke~,

HexZyle

Pretty Petty Pedant
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Here, I put it on mega. Looking at it now it's tiny, so it definitely just got cut off. Thanks ftp. I guess if the file doesn't end properly the 3ds just keeps playing what was there last time, but all broken haha.
https://mega.nz/#!7oABULhJ!rD3sdSOWS-T0TMDHYOImgtorXp_qh-7-H5hTOvN8NsY
I only really figured it out once I put a song with words on... which was hilarious. Here's a tiny video via twitter because it seemed easiest. https://twitter.com/janeclocker/status/643032289283338240

I recopied it and it works great now, sorry for the confusion!

Yeah that's not right lol, the bgm file is supposed to be 2.5-3.3mb xD

LittleXiao

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What in particular are you talking about?
Well, the audio file is a reasonable volume on one theme but way too soft on another so the sound effects practically hurt your ears. I think it has to do with the themes themselves rather than the bgm file, but I'm wondering what value affects the volumes of the music and sound effects.
DL for relevant files (because it's too large to attach) : https://www.dropbox.com/s/yiw2g56o6hkuoz9/theme_volume_differences.zip?dl=0
body_LZ_badvolume.bin is the one with the contrast, so you'll want to rename it to test it out.
BGM is Afraid from Koumajou Densetsu II, but I will not use it in the final version of this particular theme. I'm just using it as an example.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Yawn