Hacking Creating a DSTTi debricker

vuurrobin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello,

A little while ago I tried to update my DSTTi flashcard to a new version using software that I found somewhere. However, it hang at 0.79% (or something like that), and so my flashcard was bricked.

Now my idea was to create a program that could debrick the DSTTi. because it should still be possible to write to the internal memory, it should be possible to start a program with another flashcard, swap the flashcard with the bricked DSTTi flashcard and allow it to write the data to the internal memory. AFAIK this will only work on an original DS or DS lite, because the DSi and DSi XL disallows slot 1 access after a cardridge has been removed.

The data to write are 3 .dat files (1 for each PCB I think) of each 4 mb. By putting the 3 files into a .zip file, the data becomes less than 3 mb, allowing it to fit in the 4 mb memory of the DS. The portlibs section of devkitPro has an ARM version of zlib, which I hope can be used to read/decompress .zip files (or else I hope that the compression is just as good as a zip file, and I can also look at common chunks of data between the 3 files). so hopefully that isn't a problem.

In order to make this I need to know how to write to the internal memory of the DSTTi and how to recognize the different PCB so I know which file to write. And now I hope that there is someone that can help me with that. Does anybody know how the DSTTi card works, if there is some documentation or source code of it, if its possible to see what commands the official updater sends etc?

if nobody has any information, I will try to reverse engineer the official updater and see if I can figure something out of that.

marcandrebill

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That's a nice idea and a nice project, but unfortunately I have no clue for you. :/

But DSTTi is poor and cheap (imo), so I'm no more with DSTT. And, even if your idea was good, you should do the same as me, and change your flashcart. But if you success doing this program, I'll be the first to tip my hat. ;)

vuurrobin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I already have an acekard2i, but I don't want to throw this one away if there is a way to save it. Besides, it would be a good way to test my skills :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, and leave ectoplasm all over the place