• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Covid-19 vaccine

Will you get the vaccine?

• Yes

Votes: 500 67.1%
  • No

Votes: 245 32.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

supermist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it helps to clarify, antivaxxers aren't a protected class in the US. This means that a business can require both employees and customers to be vaccinated and to prove it.

In contrast, being African American is a protected class and thus a business cannot refuse business based on that.

• Haha
Reactions: WalterSlovotsky

WalterSlovotsky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it helps to clarify, antivaxxers aren't a protected class in the US.
Being against THIS vaccine doesn't make a person an anti-vaxxer. 99.9% of us have every single other vaccine, except for this rushed and barely tested one, that does NOT work (see Jill Biden and thousands of others), and somehow results in hundreds of healthy athletes in the prime of their lives dropping dead of heart failure on the field or court.

Just because I don't like chitterlings doesn't mean I don't eat pork.

supermist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Being against THIS vaccine doesn't make a person an anti-vaxxer. 99.9% of us have every single other vaccine, except for this rushed and barely tested one, that does NOT work (see Jill Biden and thousands of others), and somehow results in hundreds of healthy athletes in the prime of their lives dropping dead of heart failure on the field or court.

We're going in circles but it does because refusal of any vaccine is an illogical action and no reasonable person sees a reason do differentiate it.
Post automatically merged:

Also you've yet to prove that these deaths happened due to the vaccine

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

As long as you recognise that your decision not to vaccinate may come with societal repercussions you may have neglected to account for you’re in the clear in my book. My policy has always been “live and let live” - I don’t get all up in people’s business so long as they don’t stick their nose in mine, with very few exceptions.

WalterSlovotsky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As long as you recognise that your decision not to vaccinate may come with societal repercussions you may have neglected to account for you’re in the clear in my book. My policy has always been “live and let live” - I don’t get all up in people’s business so long as they don’t stick their nose in mine, with very few exceptions.
Oh, no, man. I am 100% on your side on this. I was literally amazed with some of your arguments last night.

It's a gut check when you run into someone as smart as you, when you are surrounded by morons. This is high, high praise. You're one of the most brilliant people on this site. Not blowing smoke up your ass. You know how to argue, and I am impressed.

• Love
Reactions: Foxi4

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Oh, no, man. I am 100% on your side on this. I was literally amazed with some of your arguments last night.

It's a gut check when you run into someone as smart as you, when you are surrounded by morons. This is high, high praise. You're one of the most brilliant people on this site. Not blowing smoke up your ass. You know how to argue, and I am impressed.
Gee, buy me a glass of wine first, Walter. :wub:

• Haha

WalterSlovotsky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We're going in circles but it does because refusal of any vaccine is an illogical action and no reasonable person sees a reason do differentiate it.
Post automatically merged:

Also you've yet to prove that these deaths happened due to the vaccine
Let's just check, then. Show me how many athletes dropped dead of heart failure every year before 2021.

You are ignorant and in denial if you claim that this EVER happened before.

I found a total of six examples in the past 20+ years, prior to Fauci's Nazi campaign. Dead serious.

Correlation is not causation, to be sure, but it SURELY is convenient and coincidental that this never happened before, no?

supermist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let's just check, then. Show me how many athletes dropped dead of heart failure every year before 2021.

You are ignorant and in denial if you claim that this EVER happened before.

I found a total of six examples in the past 20+ years, prior to Fauci's Nazi campaign. Dead serious.

Correlation is not causation, to be sure, but it SURELY is convenient and coincidental that this never happened before, no?
Burden of proof falls on the one making the claim.

You're literally asking me to do the research to prove you right. I'm not doing your homework for you.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

You're literally asking me to do the research to prove you right. I'm not doing your homework for you.
Myocarditis and pericarditis are confirmed possible side effects of the COVID vaccine, or in fact vaccines in general. In both cases the conditions are caused by inflammation due to the body’s immune response to what it perceives to be an infection. These conditions are usually temporary and rare, and the CDC acknowledges that they have been reported at an increased rate shortly after taking the vaccine.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/safety/myocarditis.html

*With that being said* the risk of either condition is more than *7* times less likely relative to patients suffering from a real COVID infection.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9467278/

Due to the greatly reduced risk of severe illness (vaccines are not a force field), the vaccines reduce the likelyhood of both diseases developing overall. The trade-off here is simple - take a very small risk by taking the vaccine or leave things to fate and take a huge risk, as in the risk of developing both the cardiovascular conditions *and* severe COVID infection on top.

I think that’s the most honest way to frame this. Saying that vaccines are 100% safe is dishonest, there is always a risk, but the risk is infinitesimally small. Most people consider the benefits to outweigh that risk.

supermist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So like wear a seatbelt and drive sober, or drive drunk without one.

Basically, they're 99.9% safe because we know there are statistical outliers. Which I've already addressed

WalterSlovotsky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Well, not really. I challenged you to show me how many athletes have died or suffered from sudden cardiac failure BEFORE the vaccine was made available. I pointed out that we literally never, ever heard of that before, and reminded you that you haven't, either.

Be honest. When is the last example you can think of, if any?

I looked, myself. I could find about a half dozen examples. And that's every single sport played in America. I spent about an hour looking into this. I am not one of those cats who goes off of one website or news article, and takes it for sooth. I always do my homework.

If you can show me any kind of consistent pattern of this EVER happening before, by all means, show me. Show me what I missed.

Otherwise, my stance remains the same. I find it alarming that people whose bodies are honed to higher levels of health and fitness than 95% of all humans on the planet keep dropping since they got the jab.

supermist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, not really. I challenged you to show me how many athletes have died or suffered from sudden cardiac failure BEFORE the vaccine was made available. I pointed out that we literally never, ever heard of that before, and reminded you that you haven't, either.

Be honest. When is the last example you can think of, if any?

I looked, myself. I could find about a half dozen examples. And that's every single sport played in America. I spent about an hour looking into this. I am not one of those cats who goes off of one website or news article, and takes it for sooth. I always do my homework.

If you can show me any kind of consistent pattern of this EVER happening before, by all means, show me. Show me what I missed.

Otherwise, my stance remains the same. I find it alarming that people whose bodies are honed to higher levels of health and fitness than 95% of all humans on the planet keep dropping since they got the jab.
Put up or shut up dude.

• Haha

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
So like wear a seatbelt and drive sober, or drive drunk without one.
Kind of, yes. It’s entirely possible that a drunk driver not wearing a seatbelt will never get into a car accident in their entire life, but driving drunk increases their risk of getting into an accident (COVID) and not wearing a seatbelt will make them fly through the windshield and experience severe trauma (heart disease). The CDC minces words a little bit, the UK government states in no uncertain terms that the risk of developing both heart conditions is real and one should be alert in case any severe symptoms do develop. A seatbelt may cause mild bruising around the chest in the event of an accident, but that’s generally preferable to being wrapped around a tree and turning your spine into a Twizzler.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...recipients-on-pfizerbiontech-covid-19-vaccine

Honesty is the best policy. The risk is there, but it is infinitesimally small, the conditions are generally temporary and subside along with the inflammation. The overall effect is beneficial.

supermist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought so.

Thanks for playing.

Cognitive dissonance sucks. Makes it impossible to have a reasonable discussion with someone.

I know YOU know it's true, which is why you refuse to admit it. Anything to not be wrong.
Ah, projection since you still refuse to prove your claim and insist I must do so and that I'm the one with cognitive dissonance despite the verified information regarding vaccination.

Again, reasonable or intelligent discussion simply isn't possible with unreasonable or unintelligent people...

• Haha

WalterSlovotsky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, projection since you still refuse to prove your claim and insist I must do so and that I'm the one with cognitive dissonance despite the verified information regarding vaccination.

Again, reasonable or intelligent discussion simply isn't possible with unreasonable or unintelligent people...
It's not projection.

Are you claiming that there were healthy athletes dropping by the hundreds every year, prior to 2021?

Prove it. Show me ONE. I found more than one, but I just want to see you do your own research, since it's obvious you have no clue what you're talking about.

We hear about this practically multiple times a week, these days. Funny, that. And it never happened before.

Feel free to prove me wrong. Athletes are dying around the world. CHILDREN are dying from spontaneous heart failure, and I have never encountered this before in my life.

But, feel free to continue to try to insult me. That's what you folks do when you have no argument and you're backed into a corner that you put yourself into.

supermist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not projection.

Are you claiming that there were healthy athletes dropping by the hundreds every year, prior to 2021?

Prove it. Show me ONE. I found more than one, but I just want to see you do your own research, since it's obvious you have no clue what you're talking about.

We hear about this pratically multiple times a week, these days. Funny, that. And it never happened before.

Feel free to prove me wrong. Athletes are dying around the world. CHILDREN are dying from spontaneous heart failure, and I have never encountered this before in my life.

But, feel free to continue to try to insult me. That's what you folks do when you have no argument and you're backed into a corner that you put yourself into.
Prove your claims with verifiable, peer reviewed data or just shut the fuck up already you tinfoil hat wearing weirdo.

Stop asking others to prove a negative. That's not how this works.

• Haha

WalterSlovotsky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Prove your claims with verifiable, peer reviewed data or just shut the fuck up already you tinfoil hat wearing weirdo.

Stop asking others to prove a negative. That's not how this works.
Show me an athlete who died of a heart attack on the field or court prior to 2021, if you think that actually happened at the frequency that it is now. Quid pro quo, kiddo. I am not asking you to prove a negative. I am asking you to demonstrate that this actually happened prior to the jab being forced into the veins of every professional athlete in America.

Just give me one example of a healthy athlete who suffered spontaneous heart failure, prior to the lockdown and COVID vaccine enforcement. Just one.

This is really easy. Like I said, I have at least six that I found. Total. In the past ten years. Which is fewer than have died or dropped this year, alone.

Hmmmm...

supermist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Show me an athlete who died of a heart attack on the field or court prior to 2021, if you think that actually happened at the frequency that it is now. Quid pro quo, kiddo. I am not asking you to prove a negative. I am asking you to demonstrate that this actually happened prior to the jab being forced into the veins of every professional athlete in America.

Just give me one example of a healthy athlete who suffered spontaneous heart failure, prior to the lockdown and COVID vaccine enforcement. Just one.

This is really easy. Like I said, I have at least six that I found. Total. In the past ten years. Which is fewer than have died or dropped this year, alone.

Hmmmm...
Whatever dude, I'm just gonna call out your bullshit until you post something verifiable that supports your claim.

Fortunately anyone remotely intelligent sees through your shit

Why are you so unwilling to do so and prove me wrong directly?

• Haha
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Surround sound receiver is a good $300
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, but so nice for gaming, movies.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ancientboi is old he needs Walmart PA system
    +2
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Splitter @ $39 it says. I'll consider it. Thanks
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Coupon makes it 30
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My gaming stick can finally get use
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I did see Walmart got new electric scooters now ab won't run out of juice in the middle of the parking lot
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O:O:O $12. Cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah but one two ports
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd rather spend like $15 more for double
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol hogwarts legacy has a Arachnophobia setting to turn on
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd rather spend like $150 more for a surround receiver.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I bought the game at launch never fucked with it until recently
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its fun, I like it, even tho I'm not a big harry potter fan. Like a wizard rpg. Flying around on a broomstick is cool.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Flying sucks ass on it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh just takes a min to get used to. I think you can upgrade or buy new broomstick also that are better.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I weirdly like inverted controls on all flying type games
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob can change it, inverted flying controls.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only thing that annoys me is trying to find wtf to do in it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Alright off to the store, later gators.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some places amaze me were not in network with your insurance would you still like an appointment
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/bl2WTe7L-ts?si=NWkB17yWJeU8Whso