• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Covid-19 vaccine

Will you get the vaccine?

• Yes

Votes: 500 67.1%
  • No

Votes: 245 32.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
First, that's not what is being communicated, and second, people have reason to distrust American productions. Anti-anti-vax is the joke. Trying to tell people what medical choices they should make is literally outside of the scope of this forum.
When a group of people actively harm their community, we should treat them like a threat. The same should be said of people willfully spreading a virus. I am not telling people to get vaccinated, I am calling those against vaccination a joke and a hazard to other people. Equally, I am calling Russell Brand a joke because he’s just a comedian spreading conspiracies. I am also calling you a joke because you are a joke

Deleted member 42501

Trophies
XP
Funny how all the hullaballoo about the "world-ending" virus went away once the media found something even more profitable to focus on for fearmongering and views: Russia invading Ukraine. Only this time, there's actually something to be concerned about.

No point in mentioning that round here in NPC land as it just wooshes over their heads.

Even when the mainstream news sources are saying what those who can see through the narrative long suspected they still won't think:

In the Pfizer trials, more people died in the vaccine group than in the placebo group, and it takes 22,000 vaccines to save one life from COVID.

Steve Kirsch: "So you killed 150,000 in order to maybe save 10,000 lives."

Pennsylvania State Senate COVID-19 Panel (Full Video):
*Snip*

Thousands of bleating posts in this thread serve as testimony to the proof of Suport The Current Thing thinking that is rife these days.

Edit: Link redirects infinitely, removed. Provide correct link. -Foxi4

Last edited by Foxi4,

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
In the Pfizer trials, more people died in the vaccine group than in the placebo group, and it takes 22,000 vaccines to save one life from COVID.

Steve Kirsch: "So you killed 150,000 in order to maybe save 10,000 lives."
Source beyond sketchy links?

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Source beyond sketchy links?
Here you go:

https://www.technologyreview.com/20...re-steve-kirsch-covid-vaccine-misinformation/
https://www.reuters.com/article/factcheck-coronavirus-usa-idUSL1N2QP18K

https://apnews.com/article/fact-checking-964291665925

Pfizer’s study states that [out of 44,000 participants] fourteen people in the placebo group and 15 people in the vaccinated group died before January 2021.

Those figures reflect deaths from all causes during Pfizer’s ongoing study of its vaccine.

No deaths were considered by the investigators to be related to the vaccine or placebo, [...] All deaths represent events that occur in the general population of the age groups where they occurred, at a similar rate.

Deleted member 42501

Trophies
XP

Didn't touch the DNA patent eh? Too hard to wave away?

When someone is in the "in group" and suddenly sees whats wrong they quickly become "out group". Best read for yourself and make up your own mind (LOL!)

I could add more info, sources and calculations but those who get it get it and those who don't have something something.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Lol, what? In what way do people who don't get the vaccine actively harm their community? The vaccine does not prevent the spread of the virus, as vaccinated people can still get it and spread it. The only "harm" unvaccinated people could possibly cause would be to themselves, by not reducing the symptoms of an already typically mild illness.

I got the virus last year. After a few pretty unpleasant days, I was pretty much fine. Now a few things smell weird that once didn't. Big whoop. I won't be getting any COVID vaccine, and believe the whole situation was massively overblown. Yes, I'm aware that a small percentage of people who got the illness died, and that really sucks, but there's a lot of things that kill a lot of people that we didn't shut down the world over.
Unvaccinated people are the biggest spreaders of Covid
https://arxiv.org/abs/2111.12806
https://jeffreydachmd.com/wp-conten...nvaccinated-Threaten-the-vaccinated-PNASl.pdf
There’s also the wasted resources on the unvaccinated due to their increase risk of hospitalization and death
https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.08.27.21262356v1
https://infomed.com.ar/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/bmj.n2282.full_.pdf
https://jeffreydachmd.com/wp-conten...nvaccinated-Threaten-the-vaccinated-PNASl.pdf
This isn’t just limited to Covid, other diseases have been spreading again due to anti-vaxxors
https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/0046958019894098
Unvaccinated people are a danger to their community and household, especially to those with weaken immune systems.
The first link is from the Moderna CEO speaking on FOX News, the second is the Pennsylvania State Senate hosted by Senator Doug Mastriano.

How more official do you want it?
Yeah, I am not putting any weight in FOX news, especially when the study released seems to be saying completely different.
Thanks but the actual sketchy link is in his post
77AC193A-F4EB-4477-B638-229EC6AC1349.jpeg
Still, it looks like the study doesn’t actually line up with the claims made, which isn’t shocking.

Reactions: KingVamp

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Didn't touch the DNA patent eh? Too hard to wave away?
Didn't even bother to argue the fact that your other "points" were bogus? Okay then.

As for the DNA, have you watched the video? The host asks if it's true that the virus contains a DNA sequence patented by Moderna, the CEO replies that "their scientists are analyzing to know if it's real or not." Nothing else. Literally a "no comment" reply.

As it turns out:

https://healthfeedback.org/claimrev...sms-not-evidence-virus-engineered-daily-mail/

The claim is based on the observation that the spike protein of SARS-CoV-2 and a genetic sequence modified and patented by the pharmaceutical company Moderna share a 19-nucleotide long segment. However, this sequence isn’t unique nor is it a feature specific to manmade sequences. It can be found in other living things, showing that the sequence occurs naturally. The presence of a short, identical gene sequence isn’t evidence that the virus was engineered.

Moderna are dicks for trying to patent a naturally occurring sequence, but what else is new.

Reactions: The Catboy

Deleted member 42501

Trophies
XP
No idea, copied and pasted from a feed I read as it seemed interesting.

What is sketchy is the sheer amount of disinfo though because you can literally find mountains of info saying one thing and then another saying another.

As it turns out:

https://healthfeedback.org/claimrev...sms-not-evidence-virus-engineered-daily-mail/

Moderna are dicks for trying to patent a naturally occurring sequence, but what else is new.

Now that is interesting because you can't patent naturally occurring sequences but the odds of it popping up in covid still make me go hmmm.

Deleted member 42501

Trophies
XP
In the end, there's no point in arguing, as I'll never convince you of anything, and you'll never convince me of anything.

That is so true.

I wonder if a gaming forum that is entirely free of the taint of politics will ever happen? It literally ruins everything soon that note I'm out.

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How tf is this thread still open? It’s clear none of y’all know anything about basic biology or even history. Ever wonder why you didn’t catch polio as a child? 🤣

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Source beyond sketchy links? Yeah, I'm not putting any weight behind those fearmongering "Science™" articles.

See, I can do it too.

In the end, there's no point in arguing, as I'll never convince you of anything, and you'll never convince me of anything.
I am sorry actual scientific articles scare you. But my links aren’t shit like this
EAB54BEF-A626-4E77-9074-C36C5A395DF2.jpeg
This is literally a sketchy link that’s hidden behind another link within his post.
I am not going to convinced in conspiracies because they aren’t based in reality. Until anti-vaxxors actually provide a source that isn’t tethered to conspiracies, I see no reason to be convinced by them.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
When a group of people actively harm their community, we should treat them like a threat. The same should be said of people willfully spreading a virus. I am not telling people to get vaccinated, I am calling those against vaccination a joke and a hazard to other people. Equally, I am calling Russell Brand a joke because he’s just a comedian spreading conspiracies. I am also calling you a joke because you are a joke
Lol, you are illiterate. "Spreading conspiracies"? I know what you are trying to say about him, but that's not at all what he is doing. You are just envious. He cites more sources in a 15 minute video than you have this entire thread.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Lol, you are illiterate. "Spreading conspiracies"? I know what you are trying to say about him, but that's not at all what he is doing. You are just envious. He cites more sources in a 15 minute video than you have this entire thread.
You’ve posted one link and YouTube videos. You really think you have a ground to talk? I am not going through a comedian’s video to look for his sources when he’s already got a history of spreading conspiracies. I don’t get my medical information from comedians. He’s not a medical professional nor does he have any qualifications. He’s just a comedian on YouTube. Having sources doesn’t mean someone isn’t spreading garbage. I’ve seen enough misquotes, omitted information, and other garbage (a lot for literally the 3 people,) to realize people are going to just cite a source and it’s still going to be wrong.

Last edited by The Catboy,

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
You’ve posted one link and YouTube videos. You really think you have a ground to talk? I am not going through a comedian’s video to look for his sources when he’s already got a history of spreading conspiracies. Having sources doesn’t mean someone isn’t spreading garbage. I’ve seen enough misquotes, omitted information, and other garbage (a lot for literally the 3 people,) to realize people are going to just cite a source and it’s still going to be wrong.
Why'd you comment on the video if you didn't even watch it? You sound absolutely stupid when you say "spreading conspiracies".

If you want to criticize something that is said in the video, then feel free. If you want to misrepresent it without confirming what it is even about, then you are just being stupid.

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Citing ANY source does not mean you have cited a REPUTABLE source. Y’all really think finding any internet persona that backs your twisted world view amounts to “research.” 😂

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Why'd you comment on the video if you didn't even watch it? You sound absolutely stupid when you say "spreading conspiracies".

If you want to criticize something that is said in the video, then feel free. If you want to misrepresent it without confirming what it is even about, then you are just being stupid.
Because I am not about to waste my time on a YouTube video from a comedian known for spreading conspiracies. It’s literally not worth my time. He not a reputable source, he’s not an expert, he’s got zero qualifications, and I don’t need to encourage him by watching any more of his videos. Your “research” into this topic can be some random internet funny man, but I am not about to pretend I care what his input is on this topic.
If you think he qualifies as a source, that’s your mistake.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Because I am not about to waste my time on a YouTube video from a comedian known for spreading conspiracies. It’s literally not worth my time. He not a reputable source, he’s not an expert, he’s got zero qualifications, and I don’t need to encourage him by watching any more of his videos. Your “research” into this topic can be some random internet funny man, but I am not about to pretend I care what his input is on this topic.
If you think he qualifies as a source, that’s your mistake.

Wow, you really don't like Russell Brand. Ok. I can't say that I've been a big fan of his either, but this current series he is doing is as a comedian/commentator/reporter. As for what I've seen, he hasn't "spread conspiracies" in any of the videos I posted. I mean, you could talk shit about anyone and use it as a reason to not pay attention to what they are talking about. I just find it a little ironic because it is so much easier to dismiss someone like you over someone like him.

Also, when you say "spread conspiracies", what do you mean, exactly? I know of the idea that encouraging conspiracy theories is frustrating for those who want immediate facts, and I know that conspiracies are illegal and possibly threatening. The verbage you use seems to conflate the two and suggests that you don't even know why "spreading conspiracies" is potentially a bad thing or even understand your own language.

Anyway, if you aren't going to "waste your time" watching a short video, and instead use time to talk about Russell Brand being a bad person and pretend that by doing so refutes the information he brings to the table--go ahead.

It's pretty much that natural immunity is strong, and 2nd shot efficacy is suffering. Also, people given passports for being vaccinated is more risky than giving those with natural immunity passports. He seems to think the CDC/WHO should amend the information. I think they are rackets.

He's not "the source" in any of these videos. The studies and the reports he presents are the sources. The format he does it is nice too, because it is clear which part of his presentation is his own thoughts about the subject and which parts are the actual sources and information (aka facts).

You can hate Russell Brand with a burning passion but it's your loss when you are responding to me posting a video and can only pretend to know what you are disagreeing with. You might like being dumb, but what are you doing for me here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: uwu