Hacking Coverflow demo

toni.belangenani

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey Benjay, thanks for the reply!

Good to hear that the next version will load covers that fast, I almost can't wait to see that! And if you're able to read the backsides of the covers, then I will wait for the next version to replace my covers with the ones from the place that you use, WiiTDB ?

So that leaves just the synchronization issue with the wiimote, which seems to happen to some other people as well. Just some background information: I'm running Wiiflow beta2, on a 3.2E Wii with rev14 installed. I also noticed that when I turn on the Wii and go to Wiiflow I have to wait for the wiimote to synchronize, but when I restart the wii (go to the "home"-menu from within wiiflow or from within a game), and then go into wiiflow, the Wii is immediately synchronized. Already during the "please wait" startup message.

Hopefully this helps to understand what's causing the only issue that I've got left
smile.gif
Good luck!

Benjay

Hardstyle Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
toni.belangenani said:
Hey Benjay, thanks for the reply!

Good to hear that the next version will load covers that fast, I almost can't wait to see that! And if you're able to read the backsides of the covers, then I will wait for the next version to replace my covers with the ones from the place that you use, WiiTDB ?

you're welcome
wink.gif

Yes , i get my covers from WiiTDB , or else should i say , i upload my own covers on WiiTDB ^^
BUT , the 1024x680 folder only contains french covers for the moment (something like 400 covers in high quality , but FR ).
So if you want to use them , you will get french covers.....
For the moment , i'm the only one who spends a lot of time uploading high res covers...
and i just do it for french covers , because it takes a lot of time to find them , resize and upload (i even create some of them with front and back covers when the fullcover is not available....)

But , when WiiTDB is back online , feel free to resize your original covers to 1024x680 (.png) , and upload them on the site , so everyone can use them
wink.gif

localized folders are already created in the high res folder , i mean FR , EN , US , DE , NL , AU , ES etc etc.. , but only the FR contains covers (and a few in US and EN , something like 20 or 30 covers)

spayrosam

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
dsfanatic5 said:
@spayrosam

I must say, however, that sound would make it more lively.

You're right

I will add sound..#
I'm still waiting for Hibern

#-------------------​
Salut Hibern

Merci pour votre travail, réellement super travail
wink.gif

J'ai besoin votre aide.
unsure.gif

Veuillez pouvez me donner une proposition (WiiFlow Forwarder music).
J'ai essayé de créer un forwarder ressemble exactement WiiFlow..

Je serai heureux si vous me répondez
smile.gif

-----------------------#

Hibern

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
RAVMN said:
Can you put compatibility for larger covers? The 512x340 cover dont look Good on my TV, they ate whit a lot of pixels.
I had a 3224x2148 covers, and are very good.
Please add compatibility for JPG covers and largers covers
smile.gif

JPG would be easy to add i guess. But lossless compression is recommended because wiiflow compresses textures itself with another loss of quality. Using both jpeg and texture compression would probably give bad results.
I can add support for pictures up to 2048x2048, but 1024x1024 should be enough.

Domi78 said:
I found an additional bug in WiiFlow:
If you havn't connected a WBFS drive, the error -1 occurs. If you push now on the settings-button, you will come to page 5 of the settings and can navigate and change settings until you are on page 1. The child-save-mode is not active. Everyone can change all settings without entering the current password.
Oh, and i wasn't able to delete a password. If you ever set one, you will always have one. You can change it but you can't remove it without editing the config-file on a computer.
Next version of wiiflow waits for an USB drive to be connected before starting (i've given up the SD card as nobody has asked for it)
If your HDD is empty it will still display the welcome message and let you install games, but if you try to go to the previous page it jumps to page 1.
Should be good enough.
Maybe i'll try to add something for deleting the password from the GUI, for now you can delete it from the .ini file.

toni.belangenani said:
- Before beta2 I had the problem that wiiflow took about 10 seconds to connect with my wiimote. With beta2 this problem was solved. But two weeks ago me and my girlfriend added all our wii games (51) to the harddisk and now wiiflow again takes 10 seconds to find my wiimote. Would be nice if this could again be solved
smile.gif

I don't think it has to do with the number of games. Maybe you're launching wiiflow differently : preloader, forwarder, channel, ...

toni.belangenani said:
- I use 1024x680 covers because it looks much and much better on a bigscreen tv, but with 51 games on the harddisk it takes quite a while before all the covers are loaded. I don't know if this can be solved by making a bigger cache? Again, not a big problem, because I can wait, but it would be great if it was a little faster!
It's faster in the next version, but i've kept the cache system which is slower on first time.

QUOTE(spayrosam @ Aug 20 2009, 12:32 AM)
#-------------------
Salut Hibern

Merci pour votre travail, réellement super travail
wink.gif

J'ai besoin votre aide.
unsure.gif

Veuillez pouvez me donner une proposition (WiiFlow Forwarder music).
J'ai essayé de créer un forwarder ressemble exactement WiiFlow..

Je serai heureux si vous me répondez
smile.gif

-----------------------#
I've added sound and music support to wiiflow, but i don't know if i'll be able to find good sounds for the default theme. I won't provide a music with wiiflow, it's up to the user to put musics he likes. I already have some sounds in wiiflow, but i don't think you can use them in a channel
wink.gif

To make something that really looks like wiiflow, you could have made a specific theme, without game covers, and capture the movie directly from wiiflow.

-_

I will need some help to finish wiiflow :
- Translators. I'd like to include as many languages as possible in the release. Japanese, Chinese, Russian, etc. are supported as long as you provide a font that supports unicode.
- Theme designers. I'd like to include themes too. So if you've made one, please contact me to tell me if you i may include it, and to update it.
- Testers. If you think you can test specific cases, like a game that isn't supported by the beta version, or an HDD which is not detected, or having many games, etc.

Just think about it, i'm not ready yet, but you can already tell me if you want to help.
Maybe i should wait for the reopening of wiitdb too.
Thanks.

(I've emptied my message box. Should work again)

Domi78

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I can test the new version for you. I've a boot2 backup - so in worst case i'll not get a damage on my wii.
I've a lot of Wii-Games on my Harddisk and i like it to test them if they work on several cIOS Versions or Loaders.
I'm an owner of a Wii-LAN-Adapter - But less Homebrew works correctly with it, so it's disconnected.
And of course i have ideas. I know what you mean with the feeling of a software but i also find improvements like startig in favorite-mode (wich is still missing in beta2b).

thatguyyouknow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any chance that the final version will be updated with code support from Gecko OS 1.9.2? This is by fat the best looking loader out there, and I'd love it to be able to load Brawl+ from it.

cozmo

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I can do the Dutch translation Hibern. Would also like to beta test.

On another note, a poll organised a few months back showed that wiiflow has a very low userbase compared to other loaders (only 1,59%). I was kind of baffled when I saw this because wiiflow truly is one of the nicest loaders. I think the main reason for its low popularity is the following: When a new user finds this thread the first thing they see is that outdated demo. They have to go through 80+ pages to find out what state wiiflow is currently in and what features it offers, they have to search for the latest download link only to find out that the zip is password protected and then start searching again for the password.

You should really update the first post in this thread the next time you make a release and provide a clear download link, make a list of all the nice features wiiflow has and add a few screenshots and a youtube video. You now, you have to persuade people to use your great loader. I bet many people want to help you with this!

fluffykiwi

Trophies
Website
www.gba.shorturl.com
XP
Country
I'll happily test whatever you wish, especially games that are not supported by beta 2.

I've kept a bundle of these on my HD to check how they work in the next version, even though my HD is filling up rapidly. I rarely play them at present as I tend to stick with games that work via WiiFlow, and/or finished them.

I also think you should either start a whole new thread, maybe entitled WiiFlow loader, or at least update the first post to include the last beta2 release and maybe a video demo.

kLiNiKaL

Dr. Greenthumb
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jamaica
i've got 2 Wii's and over 150+ games on my hard drive.

i'll test anything you throw at me since 1 of my wii's is just a crash test dummy lol

if this loader could rob some features from the GX codebase, i.e channel loading. then it would easily gather more users.

and please please update the front post lol

Hibern

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Screemer : I've already accepted an offer for a german translation.

Domi78 said:
I can test the new version for you. I've a boot2 backup - so in worst case i'll not get a damage on my wii.
I've a lot of Wii-Games on my Harddisk and i like it to test them if they work on several cIOS Versions or Loaders.
I'm an owner of a Wii-LAN-Adapter - But less Homebrew works correctly with it, so it's disconnected.
And of course i have ideas. I know what you mean with the feeling of a software but i also find improvements like startig in favorite-mode (wich is still missing in beta2b).
I also have ideas and i don't have time to implement them all. But i'm open to suggestions anyway.
I didn't think about starting in favorite mode because i don't have enough games i guess. I have to think about it.

thatguyyouknow said:
Is there any chance that the final version will be updated with code support from Gecko OS 1.9.2? This is by fat the best looking loader out there, and I'd love it to be able to load Brawl+ from it.
No.

cozmo said:
I can do the Dutch translation Hibern. Would also like to beta test.
Alright. So i already have German and Dutch. I'll take care of French and English too, but someone could fix my mistakes in English.
Thanks.

QUOTE(cozmo @ Aug 23 2009, 05:54 PM) On another note, a poll organised a few months back showed that wiiflow has a very low userbase compared to other loaders (only 1,59%). I was kind of baffled when I saw this because wiiflow truly is one of the nicest loaders. I think the main reason for its low popularity is the following: When a new user finds this thread the first thing they see is that outdated demo. They have to go through 80+ pages to find out what state wiiflow is currently in and what features it offers, they have to search for the latest download link only to find out that the zip is password protected and then start searching again for the password.

You should really update the first post in this thread the next time you make a release and provide a clear download link, make a list of all the nice features wiiflow has and add a few screenshots and a youtube video. You now, you have to persuade people to use your great loader. I bet many people want to help you with this!
As you may have noticed, i don't care much about "popularity". Feel free to post a new poll when wiiflow is out, i think this poll is older than the first public beta, and it is a bit outdated (look at the list of loaders).

QUOTE(kLiNiKaL @ Aug 23 2009, 07:54 PM)
i've got 2 Wii's and over 150+ games on my hard drive.
i'll test anything you throw at me since 1 of my wii's is just a crash test dummy lol
if this loader could rob some features from the GX codebase, i.e channel loading. then it would easily gather more users.
Wiiflow wouldn't harm anyway, don't worry.
I can't install bootmii, and because i don't really like to mess up with things i haven't installed preloader.
So i wouldn't try risky things.
Is channel loading the ability to launch a program that was installed as a channel ? Isn't the system menu good enough for that ?
Would you really launch channels from wiiflow ? I wouldn't.

I'll send a message when i'm ready for tests and translations, i hope on the end of the week.

ChronoX_

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
cozmo said:
I can do the Dutch translation Hibern.

A Belgian doing dutch translation...
moogle.gif

Ontopic:
Hibern can you please update your first post on this thread, so it's easier to find the most up to date version of your loader. Thanks

Pakatus

Trophies
XP
Country
I can do a Continental Portuguese translation too.
Just send me the strings and string limit for every translation...(aspect ratio).

Thanks

Hibern

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
RAVMN said:
I can do the Spanish Traslation
Thanks.

QUOTE(Pakatus @ Aug 24 2009, 02:17 AM) I can do a Continental Portuguese translation too.
Just send me the strings and string limit for every translation...(aspect ratio).

Thanks
Thanks, but i'd rather send you the whole app and let you see what your translation looks like.
What do you mean by continental Portuguese ? Are there many differences with brazilian Portuguese ?
Would you be able to translate for the brazilian too ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: yucky times. :sad: