Hacking Coverflow demo

Hibern

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello again.
I've read everything. (mainly from work !)
Maybe some people should calm down a little.
I agree with nIxx and the other guys who said the same thing. Releasing the source now would be pointless.
Thanks for links and advice. Now i know who can help me when needed, so it's OK.
I'll try to make something soon enough, but i really have little free time.
BTW, call me Hibernatus, it's been my nickname for some time, though i don't talk much on the internet anymore.

Hibern

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
amars464 : yes, you're right.

BTW, i've read that pthread can be used on Wii, so i will first try that to get rid of loading delay.

redmanmark86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hibern said:
Hello again.
I've read everything. (mainly from work !)
Maybe some people should calm down a little.
I agree with nIxx and the other guys who said the same thing. Releasing the source now would be pointless.
Thanks for links and advice. Now i know who can help me when needed, so it's OK.
I'll try to make something soon enough, but i really have little free time.
BTW, call me Hibernatus, it's been my nickname for some time, though i don't talk much on the internet anymore.

I respect what your saying as it is your work and obviously your demo has got a lot of people excited, myself included. But if you really have so little time then wouldnt it be easier to release the source so people can help you finish it faster. When i say people i mean people who are actually any good.

maybe team up with the WiiShizza Gang as them three program at an amazingly fast rate...

Forsaekn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you haven't a lot of time to code, I would definently suggest getting into contact with a handful of developers on these forums so that we can help you. For example, you are more than welcome to use my cover art download code and implement it, or I can add it for you and send you back the updated source...etc. Ultimately I'd like to see this project grow quickly, and if I can aid you in molding it the way you want it, i'd be satisfied.

Fors

redmanmark86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Forsaekn said:
If you haven't a lot of time to code, I would definently suggest getting into contact with a handful of developers on these forums so that we can help you. For example, you are more than welcome to use my cover art download code and implement it, or I can add it for you and send you back the updated source...etc. Ultimately I'd like to see this project grow quickly, and if I can aid you in molding it the way you want it, i'd be satisfied.

Fors

i think Forsaekn has the right idea by miles...

why don't you create a new topic where you request what code you need and invite developers to sumbit it you and then you could have a bunch of sections like so.

Autocover download - Recieved and Implimented

Orcarnia Support - Wait code submission

Force PAL/NTSC - Code submitted, waiting implimentation.

or just let them impliment it for you... lol

wiiztec

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bluebird12 said:
People who can't code or aren't going to contribute to the project shouldn't be allowed to post in this thread. No offense, "you should include this or that" isn't very productive at all. Just let the man work, and only people who actually code like Fors, maddoc, nixx, and the many other coders here should be able to help.

Maybe you should ask a mod to enforce this then maybe eventually someday GBAtemp will be like the WiiRd code forums are now no code request forum anymore, non-hackers can't start code support threads (if a game doesn't have a code support thread it means no hackers nobody is in need of support for the codes of that particular game)

Is that what you want?

Kosaic

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@Hibern - PLEASE do not release the source ... I cannot handle another 200 versions, of yet another loader ... especially one with so much promise.

Like you said, you know who to ask, when and if you need help.

Some of the guys that have posted in this thread as you know can help, while MANY others can not contribute ...

I hope you can keep the source quite, until a release version is ready ...

Cheers,
Kosaic

gitkua

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I agree that colaborating with other developers would be a good idea. But posting the source on GBATemp will create an avalanche of "customised" versions of his coverflow loader, which compromises his original idea. Working with other developers to increase developing speed > okay, but posting the source on here will is not something his project will benefit from in my point of view...

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
gitkua said:
I agree that colaborating with other developers would be a good idea. But posting the source on GBATemp will create an avalanche of "customised" versions of his coverflow loader, which compromises his original idea. Working with other developers to increase developing speed > okay, but posting the source on here will is not something his project will benefit from in my point of view...
Yup, I would only give the source to Forsaekn, Shizzza and Hungyup84 (or however...sorry...so a hard name to recognize) & Co. . Since the Ultimate Loader from them is damm stable, and it would be the best idea to use it as the "core". Maybe splitting up would also be a good idea...you do the GUI, the others do the Loading, etc...well, finaly, it's your decision, and you do what you want. I'm just hoping that this will be a good, stable loader in the near future. Actualy, as long as this will happen, I don't care how you do it. The prduct is what counts for me, not how it's done. I'm now quiet and let you do your things...

P.s.: I'm still willing to do the Graphics
tongue.gif

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
guys as it was said before , please all come down and leave it up to the author to decide his next steps and thanks for all the offered help on his behalf I guess however I will not want to see an uncompleted project flooding around and six hundreds versions with 1200 names attached to it cause all this does not matter really , I like to see and App that is ready to use by public when released and an enclosure of how to use read me with the right props to all that helped and beta tested the project , I don't want to see all these links with files like ( nixx-usbloader.rar , bozo-usbloader-add-Cover-by-nixx.rar , moran-usbloader-covername-basedon-bozo-nixx-loader.rar , usbloader.wad , ultimate-usbloader.wad , boot.dol , boot.dol , boot.dol ) and I have to actually open and unpack these file to view what the heck is going on and what was added and why it was released in this savage form so all the people will post 600 times to ask what is this and where should I put that ...... , so please to all have some patient and make good releases and if another author is working on the same project and you can help each other that's great why not do it , please and thanks to all for the hard work
wink.gif
peace

Vibestar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
will keep it short (not like everybody else
wink.gif
)

- don't release the code. People must take their time.

Maybe for future purpose

- index scrolling, like music in iPhone # a b c d e f g etc etc. For peeps with lots of games. This way there is no need for a different view.
- blur in the reflection (that should be hard to code).
- is it even possible to put a antialliasting in there?
- background.png. So it would be yours but everybody could customize. Leave a watermark in the corner with your logo.

I hope you enjoy coding this. We'll appreciate all the time and hard work you (and all the other) put into these projects. I'm sure I do.
Lets make the Wii a eyecandy.

CIJC

Trophies
XP
Country
forbore said:
I think we should use the Wii's accelerometers to use coverflow as the iPod Touch or Nano 4G. That would be great!

+1

tilting the wii remote to move through covers would be AWESOME

pepperoni

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pointing the wiimote at the screen, holding down B and then flicking the remote to the left or right would be a cool way to scroll through it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch