Status
Not open for further replies.

mrwulff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
question, i downloaded the source, and uncommented out the download cover stuff and am still not getting anything, any help?

jhoff80

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So version 3.1, I'm still getting either garbled or no disc images, and still only 34 covers display. The difference now is that Endless Ocean which after redownloading the image for Mario Kart, was the only garbled image on 3.0, instead displays a no cover found on 3.1. I figure because it's close enough to the end of my list that's actually viewable that it runs out of memory and stops trying there.

But, it definitely is more stable now.

Edit: In fact, when I jumped to the left quickly so that other stuff didn't get loaded, Endless Ocean was displayed properly, so I think it seems like 3.1 fixed the issues with garbled images for covers, and now there's only the issue for discs.

And as a nitpick, is there any chance the folder for disc art can be changed from usb-loader\disks to usb-loader\discs? Since we're talking about DVDs and not a floppy disk or hard disk, the correct term is disc. But that's so minor a thing I almost didn't mention it.

Sledge1

Trophies
XP
Country
And i assume it's hard coded for usb-loader/disks?
can it be changed to where-ever/disks?
As my forwarder points to usbloader not usb-loader
also the only game i had time to try, did the health screen, then froze..
will try more when i can

Actually the forwarder points to sd:/apps/usbloader
would be good if we could put it there...

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Vibestar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, have been away for a week. Vacation in Turkey. This is amazing.
Its sure looks really great. There are just two things that are not very eyecandied.
- The use of different fonts is one of them. The game title should be also the same as the other fonts.
- The loading bar at the begin has nothing to do with the whole loader. I don't think it fits the loader very well. Shall upload a pic what I think fit better (don't know if it possible)
- Last thing is the flip menu. Why are the buttons gone. It looked a lot better than the text saying you should press the button.

I hope this will end up to be a great loader. I'm working on another WAD animation on the moment. Maybe you could implent that. If anybody knows a good sound sample of less than 10 seconds which can be repeated.

jhoff80

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
djtaz said:
jhoff80 said:
Edit: Mario Kart is consistently one of the images that shows like that, using http://www.theotherzone.com/wii/ntsc/RMCE00.png renamed with the correct code and resized to 160x224. And as it turns out, yeah, the disc images now display with the 4-character code.
You do know you dont need to resize the images yourself on that site dont you ?
Theres a box on the page that will resize them all for you on the fly.
http://www.theotherzone.com/wii/

BluntTrauma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What forwarder channel is it that is in the video on the first page?

Also, could I make a suggestion?
Could you change the path that it looks for the images at to SD:/images and SD:/images/disc
That way, we can use the same image files with different loaders.

I know I can change the path manually in the source, but I figure other people would benefit from this as well.

m00k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
coverflow 3.1 doesnt manage to finish buffering before it dumps me back to the hombrew channel. v3 loads but is very buggy.

keep up thye good work

FunkmasterFlexx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At the moment your usb loader is the best. Maybe you can add an information about the free space of the hard disk, maybe in a loading-bar. I think it will be better if you make a 3d model of the DVDs, with a front and a backside. So if you want you can flip them around and can read the backside.
I think cover flow is very good for mplayer ce too, maybe somebody can make a theme for it.

Sledge1

Trophies
XP
Country
m00k said:
coverflow 3.1 doesnt manage to finish buffering before it dumps me back to the hombrew channel. v3 loads but is very buggy.

keep up thye good work
likewise.
my card is like this:

SD:/apps/usbloader/boot.dol
SD:/usb-loader/covers/..
SD:/usb-loader/disks/..

Is that correct?

fishears

fishears
Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
kedest said:
so for excite truck for example, should my images be named REXP01.png or REX.png?

The covers should be 6 digits and the disks should be 4 digits - I'm not working on that bit but i'm pretty sure that's how it is at the latest build

Forsaekn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dunno who Scognito is but I originally wrote the auto cover download code, which was based off WiiEarth, and first implemented in Hungyip's loader.

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
Y' see...It looks like this for me:

capture2009050217460170.png

Discs are alright...

(I'm sorry if it was resolved already...)

mooseknuckle2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is coming along quite nicely although it would be nice if the images and text get a little bit more crisp. Everything for me is a little fuzzy/washed out...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...