Converting .wav to .ydsp

Zarate

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey there! I'm a big fan of retro wrestling games, especially of the GameCube ones, and the modding scene for those games has been growing for quite a while now.

For Wii/GameCube there is an awesome series of wrestling games that consists of Wrestlemania XIX, WWE Day of Reckoning, and WWE Day of Reckoning 2 which were made by Yukes. My goal is to replace songs/themes in those games with custom audio tracks.

Those games use the .ydsp audio format, and I was able to extract .ydsp files from one game, and replace .ydsp files in the other games with those extracted files. That works perfectly (with a little hex editing effort). So transfering audio tracks between those games is an "easy" task. Like I said: My main goal is the inclusion of custom music.

So the problem is: How can I convert an arbitrary .wav audio file to .ydsp format? Is there already a tool for that? I've done a lot of Google research so far, and I've only found tools like VGMstream that can play .ydsp files or create .wav files out of .ydsp files, but no tools/instructions on how to convert .wav to .ydsp.

I decided to join this forum and ask this question because it seems like there are a lot of passionate hacking and modding experts here, maybe I'm lucky enough to find a wrestling fan that has some experience with those files, or experience with adding custom music to GameCube games in general.

Thanks in advance. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work