Converting a Turbo Duo Wii Virtual Console game to bin/cue?

GammaGulp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I extracted the contents of my dumped Lords of Thunder WAD (using ShowMiiWADs) after dumping the WAD from the vWii mode of my Wii U, and the contents are quite different from the bin/cue format I usually see with Turbo Duo CD games.

Is there a guide or steps to convert this to make it work like a usual Turbo Duo rip (multi-bin + cue)? Having difficulty finding anything pertaining to Turbo Duo on Wii Virtual Console, in particular.

turboduodump.PNG

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
. First link seems to end with no conclusion. The reddit thread has more to it but the decomp.py code shared in that thread just results in an error:
That looks like python is having some issues parsing your command line.

sys.argv is the list of command line arguments passed to a Python script, where sys.argv[0] is the script name itself.

It is erroring out because you are not passing any commandline argument, and thus sys.argv has length 1 and so sys.argv[1] is out of bounds.

Maybe it doesn't like such long paths, or spaces in it. You could also try:

python decomp.py whateveritis

btw the script was written for python2 as it originally used xrange. I changed xrange to range (which might work or might not) and threw it a random file, but it fails due to not being able to decompress it. So I have no idea.

Code:
#!/usr/bin/env python -u
import struct, sys, zlib
fd = open(sys.argv[1], 'rb')
entries = struct.unpack('<I', fd.read(4))[0]
dst = open('decompressed.bin', 'wb')
for i in range(entries):
 fd.seek((i * 8) + 4)
 offset = struct.unpack('<I', fd.read(4))[0]
 size = struct.unpack('<I', fd.read(4))[0]
 fd.seek(offset)
 dst.write(zlib.decompress(fd.read(size)))
dst.close()
fd.close()

If you grab a python2 interpreter then you could try changing the range back to xrange.

Last edited by smf,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol