ROM Hack Question Convert Wii U save to Switch save for Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker

JeepX87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried to convert Wii U save to Switch save, so it didn't work and tried to change the value via hex editing, but not successful.

Please anyone could help with conversion? The file size for all systems are 33 KB.

Remove "Switch" and "WiiU" before you put save in your Switch for testing.

Attachments

• GameDataSwitch.rar
    938 bytes · Views: 194
  • GameDataWiiU.rar
    1,023 bytes · Views: 217

SleepyPrince

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I don't have the game, but from what I can tell from looking at the 2 files, WiiU is in big-endian and Switch is in little-endian.
And seems to have a 18 bytes shift between the 2, also not sure what the header stands for or if there is any checksum

BtEtta

Trophies
XP
Country
Given there are a few extra levels in the Switch/3DS version I'd assume the extra bytes are to keep track of the progress on those levels?

SleepyPrince

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Given there are a few extra levels in the Switch/3DS version I'd assume the extra bytes are to keep track of the progress on those levels?
Those extra bytes isn't enough for more levels, but there are a lot of unused space in the save file already that can accommodate extra levels

JeepX87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have the game, but from what I can tell from looking at the 2 files, WiiU is in big-endian and Switch is in little-endian.
And seems to have a 18 bytes shift between the 2, also not sure what the header stands for or if there is any checksum

I'm wonder about convert the save from 3DS to Switch? They supposed to be exact same game version. I attached the save for 3DS version.

4 exclusives in Wii U version were removed in 3DS and Switch version, but they added 4 new exclusive levels from Super Mario Odyssey.

Deleted (3DS and Switch version)
Super Bell Hill
Conkdor Canyon
Shadow-Play Alley
Clear Pipe Cruise

Added (3DS and Switch version)
Secret of the Inverted Pyramid
Mine Cart Cascade Crusade
Uptown, Downtown
Cookatiel's Sizzling Sprint

Special thanks to @dsrules for cheat that I used in 3DS version of save.

Attachments

• GameData3DS.rar
    472 bytes · Views: 191

JeepX87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3DS save look similar to the switch one, can you try to make another save with slight changes on the 3DS/Switch so I can compare the header?

Sure, I made slight change after clear the course on both platforms.

Attachments

• GameData3DSJuly16.rar
    497 bytes · Views: 170
  • GameDataSwitchJuly16.rar
    972 bytes · Views: 175

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto