Hacking convert 1st backup loader disc iso to wbfs?

d-a-v

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have a bunch of dvd's ,that i did when the 1st backup loader was made. can they be dump to usb and played from a usb loader such as wiiflow?

Dante Wolfe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you'd have to redump them with Super Dump (1.3 is the current version i think). After redumped convert them from bin to iso then iso to wbfs format.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
if they're backups already, u can rip them directly to your hard drive using wii backup manager (it even has batch mode, where it prompts u for a new disk after each rip)

alternatively, u could rip them using your PC and a program like imgburn to get an ISO

Skizzo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dante Wolfe said:
I think you'd have to redump them with Super Dump (1.3 is the current version i think). After redumped convert them from bin to iso then iso to wbfs format.
You think? FFS, why not wait until someone who knows what they're talking about can help before you go suggesting something that is a complete waste of fucking time. There's no reason to have to convert anything before putting them onto the USB device; they can be copied over directly using either the Wii/USB loader or a PC and one of the 'game managers' out there.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Are you sure the loaders and wbfs managers support decrypted discs? I know they support 1:1 discs, but i think i haven't heard yet of decrypted disc support for them.

For any coders who want to add it, see NeoGamma's disc loading code to see at least a part of the differences between both formats.

hackotedelaplaqu

Trophies
Website
wiibrew.org
XP
Country
France
You're talking about first generation decrypted backups, is it ?

Here is the solution :
- Make iso with imgburn
- drag'n drop iso in "bunpatcher" tool (search gbtaemp DL here http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EVMFMMLB) - or use command lines.
- now your iso is clean and works with any wbfs tool.

Please note bunpatcher works with single DL decrypted isos only.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktvTqknDobU