Hacking Configurator for Configurable USB Loader

Dr. Clipper

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
hetfield said:
I have a question about forwarder channels.

Until recently i always used the existing cfg forwarders for sd and usb (UCSF and UCUF).

But what i'm looking for is a difference in cfg-222 and cfg-249, regardless if the dol is on sd or usb.
I've used the forwarder from xflak, which forwards simply to apps/usbloader_cfg wherever it is.

But until now there is no difference between 222 and 249.
Because i have multiple HDD's an use both loaders, it would be easier if i could use f.e. the path: apps\cfg_222 and apps\cfg_249, and then regardless if it is on sd or usb.

I do not know if such forwarders already exist, but i can make them myself if i have to.

I have been making channels for several things, but what i do not know is how you can change the path where the forwarder should forward to.

Who can point me in the wright direction?
If you've got a forwarder that can edit the command line (Narolez' used to do it) then you can just send the ios=222-mload option that way.

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
oggzee said:
also i think new HBC allows to pass these args via meta.xml, but don't know exactly how...

PUT YOUR ARG HERE

I've only tested it on CFG with game IDs but it works, so I'd guess you'd just add what ever arg you want wiiload style and it "should" work.

Dr. Clipper

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
v58.2 of Configurator is out

Download here or use online update (via Actions menu)

Changes:
  • Added gamercard options
Sample cdbs have been updated (configurator.cdb only).

v58.3 of Configurator is also out

Changes:
  • Made some changes to the help options only.
No change to the cdbs.

hetfield

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Slimmmmmm said:
oggzee said:
also i think new HBC allows to pass these args via meta.xml, but don't know exactly how...

PUT YOUR ARG HERE

I've only tested it on CFG with game IDs but it works, so I'd guess you'd just add what ever arg you want wiiload style and it "should" work.

aha, learned something again.
But i gues this only works if you start from within HBC, and not if you use a forwarder channel?

Dr. Clipper

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
hetfield said:
aha, learned something again.
But i gues this only works if you start from within HBC, and not if you use a forwarder channel?
Not until somebody starts building forwarders that read the .xml and parse that into and argument string. You might get some luck asking this of the forwarder makers as it isn't hard.

Dr. Clipper

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
v59 of Configurator is out

Changes:
  • Changed meta.xml update to match Cfg's new method
  • Change disable_dvd_patch option to match v59b2's default
No change to the cdbs.

Dr. Clipper

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
v60 of Configurator is out

Changes:
  • Added ntfs_write to match v60a option
  • When using the What's New/What's Moved feature (push F3), tab titles change if their contents have changed
    • tabs with new options are appended with *
    • tabs with moved options are appended with #

Dr. Clipper

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
v60.1 of Configurator is out

Changes:
  • Changed partition and install_partitions options to match 60b5 and potential 60 release
  • Fixed bug on wiitdb.zip filename in install wizard.

imgod22222

GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So, I can't find out how to get this to make the USB loader look for my games in USB:/Roms & ISOs/Wii ISOs. (The isos are located also in this directory and in subdirectories)
Help?

Pippin666

SSF43DE Master
Trophies
Website
www.tetesrasees.com
XP
Country
Canada
imgod22222 said:
So, I can't find out how to get this to make the USB loader look for my games in USB:/Roms & ISOs/Wii ISOs. (The isos are located also in this directory and in subdirectories)
Help?
In the Global Options 2 menu you can set all path. To what I can see, custom path for wii games isn't supported. Anyway, all loader use USB:/wbfs/ ..

Pip'

Dr. Clipper

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
imgod22222 said:
Help?
You can't change that.

Pippin666 said:
QUOTE(imgod22222 @ Nov 14 2010, 11:35 PM) So, I can't find out how to get this to make the USB loader look for my games in USB:/Roms & ISOs/Wii ISOs. (The isos are located also in this directory and in subdirectories)
Help?
In the Global Options 2 menu you can set all path. To what I can see, custom path for wii games isn't supported. Anyway, all loader use USB:/wbfs/ ..

Pip'
Yep.

imgod22222

GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So the most configurable USB loader doesn't let me choose where in the USB drive my backups are? Moot. -.- Thought there'd be somewhere to change that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...