Hacking Configurable USB Loader

Dochog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally got everything up and working. However, my wiiu remotes with motion stop working once my usb loader runs. Is there an update somewhere that will allow my wiiu remotes to work?

Dochog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having issues so I reloaded everything. The d2x cios and cfg usbloader. Everything appears to work but when the loader opens up my remotes stop working. My new wiiu motionplus remotes. Am I the only one that has had this problem? Seems to work with my old wii remotes but not the new ones. Any help would be appreciated.

Howard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having issues so I reloaded everything. The d2x cios and cfg usbloader. Everything appears to work but when the loader opens up my remotes stop working. My new wiiu motionplus remotes. Am I the only one that has had this problem? Seems to work with my old wii remotes but not the new ones. Any help would be appreciated.
What version of cfg atr you running?

sideskroll

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Guys, I have an issue and a couple of questions regarding the latest rev (78 I believe) but since there' s no (to my knowledge) CFG MOD thread or forum I guess this one will have to do.

Ok, let's go with the issue first:
  • Can't download (actually I can download but not unpack) neither the wiitdb.xml file nor any themes. Everything else appears to be working. (saving config etc)

Now for the questions:

• Is it normal for CFG to override explicitly set settings on Nintendon't?
  • Have you noticed that when launching a GCN from within CFG the game doesn't ask if you want to display it in progressive mode but ti does EVERY time if you launch it from Nintendon't itself? Which brings me to my next point.
  • Based on this discovery (GCN not launching in progressive) I wanted to test if Wii games were being treated similarly So I ripper my original disc of Skyward Sword and loaded it from the disc channel and from CFG and I could SWEAR that I noticed a difference (mainly interlaced lines) between the disc and the usb games. Could it be that CFG isn't loading the games in their correct video mode because SOMEHOW the Wii (Wiiu in my case) is unable to determine if and when a game is being loaded from USB? And similar to this question:
  • Neither Nintendon't nor CFG launch games that support Dolby prologic in well, prologic.
  • My AVR has an autodetect feature and it worked every time back when I had my old wii hooked up with component. Is this an Issue with the loaders or with the Wiiu? Any way to "force" the loaders to output dolby? Or for them to at least send the flag to the AVR that the output is actually DPLII?

Also (and I know this doesn't belong here but what the heck...)
Could somebody please enlighten me about what the Nintendon't "WiiU widescreen" option actually does? I thought it gave a flag to the system about the contents aspect ratio so it would display correctly (that's to say that if you load a GCN game in 4:3 which most of them are anyways it would display it in 4:3 BUT if you changed the AR from within the game it would change accordingly like it should) but all it does is force the games to stretch. And while some of the games have the WS option not all of them do.
Is there actually a way to display the CORRECT AR for GCN games? Or at least on a game by game basis?
Any help on any of these questions would be very much appreciated.
I think I've exhausted every possible option to no avail.
Thanks guys.

retroguy

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have cfg usbloader revision 78 installed on my sd and some wii, gamecube installed on a USB HDD. I also have an emunand with a few VC and Wiiware channels. I can play all these games fine from USBloader gx, and the Wii and Gamecube games also are good with cfg usbloader. However, when I want to play a VC or wiiware channel from my emunand through CFG usbloader, then I always get some kind of stack dump error message ( after a scrolling screen with a lot of text). With each VC and Wiiware game. why is that and why hasn't usbloader gx this issue?

I get the same error when booting CPS2 roms through retroarch.

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is anyone still working on cfg? Fix94 has written a small return to stub for nintendont that enables it to return to the usb loader used to launch the games instead of returning to system menu as it does now.

I believe that the loader has to be coded to use this function tho, and while we are at it couldnt the options in cfg when using nintendont and launching a gc game correspond to the actual options available in nintendont.....

BlueberrySyrup

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, if you wouldn't mind helping, I'm using Nintendont with CFG USB Loader, and everytime I try to load a gamecube game it says "Please load Nintendont with AHBProt disabled!".

I thought I already had it disabled, so I dunno if its something wtih my XML file or what, I tried to download an older version and it was stuck loading ios58, which I also updated. Please help!

sideskroll

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Is anyone still working on cfg? Fix94 has written a small return to stub for nintendont that enables it to return to the usb loader used to launch the games instead of returning to system menu as it does now.

I believe that the loader has to be coded to use this function tho, and while we are at it couldnt the options in cfg when using nintendont and launching a gc game correspond to the actual options available in nintendont.....

QFT. [user]FIX94[/user] could you take a look at the loader and see if you could update it maybe? Also, having WiiU Widescreen support as USBL GX would be cool....

On a different topic, could anybody tell me if Resident Evil Archives: resident Evil Zero launched from CFG on a WiiU is displayed stretched out instead of with 4:3 AR and black bars on the sides as it's supposed to? I was under the impression that system update 4.0 took care of those issues (thus creating the whole issue with HBC) could that be the problem and is there any way to fix it? I mean, to have the games displayed as they were intended...
Thanks guys.

Kbra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Is there a way to make the loader always ask you whether you want to load from an SD or USB, everytime i dont have any USB plugged, it seems to try to load from usb and i have to wait the time and press the button A 2 times before it goes to the SD or USB ask menu, and after that i tried loading super smash bros brawl from an SD fat32 and when its loading it i get a black screen, it only managed to work if i put hook type VBI, and even with that i still have to wait the time everytime i start it. help would be appreciated.

Knocks

Trophies
XP
Country
Is there an official support thread for the "mod" version of Configurable USB Loader?

I am having problems launching Nintendont through cfg loader mod (build 70r78). I get the message "Please load Nintendon't with AHBProt disabled." Any idea what could be causing this? I can launch Nintendont separately, but not through cfg loader.

Update: It turns out that I had an outdated version of cIOS 249. Once updated to cIOS249 d2x v10beta 52, everything started working.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    20 some years later crash bandicoot still pisses me off
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have you jail broke your ps4 yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been on since 9.0
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you gonna do your ps5 if the hack comes? Is there worries of bans, like the ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
    +1
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ddddddddddddddddddddddd
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my fingie hurt
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Why?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    hangnail thing I think
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ... that's rough buddy
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    peepee
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: peepee