Hacking Configurable USB Loader

IceIceBird

Trophies
XP
Country
pplucky said:
Hey masters.

Are there any plans to include loading games containing the new protection which seems to have appeared recently?
Currently with Cfg USB Loader, it doesn't load regardless of the cIOS used (Hermes, Wanin or d2x), but it seems it is possible to load it with Mighty Loader created by marc (same guy who started Mighty Channels).

As this loader seems to have some limitations (WBFS only, for instance) and most probably will not be updated in the future (according to some comments in the site), would it make sense to somehow debug it (or check its included source) and consider including this functionality also in the great Cfg USB Loader?

Thanks in advance.

What new protection ? and what games are you refering to?
havn't heard anything about a new protection...

T

TheRealVisitor

IceIceBird said:
pplucky said:
Hey masters.

Are there any plans to include loading games containing the new protection which seems to have appeared recently?
Currently with Cfg USB Loader, it doesn't load regardless of the cIOS used (Hermes, Wanin or d2x), but it seems it is possible to load it with Mighty Loader created by marc (same guy who started Mighty Channels).

As this loader seems to have some limitations (WBFS only, for instance) and most probably will not be updated in the future (according to some comments in the site), would it make sense to somehow debug it (or check its included source) and consider including this functionality also in the great Cfg USB Loader?

Thanks in advance.

What new protection ? and what games are you refering to?
havn't heard anything about a new protection...

He refers to "We Dare".

Jabe

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Dr. Clipper said:
We've mentioned several times that it's a big no for any support of VC/Wiiware WADs. There is no tangible benefit to playing them off the SD except for piracy, and none of the current devs of Cfg support piracy.
I don't really agree with this, I'm a Platinium Ambassador for connecting 20 Wii, I had 10 000 Free Wii Points to buy Wiiware (+those that I bought myself), and I can download every NES, Super Nintendo & Nintendo 64 game for free. Those games can't fit on my SD card! That's why I rather use Mighty Channels for this, even if I'm still dreaming of using CFG also for this.

QUOTE(Dr. Clipper @ Mar 2 2011, 05:55 AM) There's a very significant change being made right now, so it might be a little bit longer yet. One that people have wanted for a VERY long time.
What is it? Tell us more about it! Is it GameCube backup support? Banner animation? If so did you use Wii Banner Player that I linked here before.

Anyway… I was writing you to talk about something else.

I had some idea, as now CFG is able to know what cIOS are installed, isn't there any way (based on gamelist) to launch certain games automatically with proper IOS.

Let me explain: most game would use default IOS, but games with peripheral USB hardware would use IOS with base 56 or 37.

Example:
-Musical games and Monster Hunter Tri would use base IOS37.
-WiiSpeak would use base IOS38 (+IOS55-v5662 Wii Speak channel)
-Beatles Rock Band 2 & Super Mario Galaxy would use base IOS56
-WiiFit Plus would use base IOS53
-COD BO would use base IOS57

Note: my list of example might be a little bit wrong, it's based on what I know, but it probably improved since.

And the user won't have to set it up himself, CFG would do the job automatically. And if the cIOS isn't installed it will boot with default one but before booting it would display some message "you should install IOS 57" (or so).

(Or better it would automatically download and install missing cIOS, but there are other homebrew for that.)

I know that your to-do list already is huge, but let me know what you think of this.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Jabe said:
What is it? Tell us more about it! Is it GameCube backup support? Banner animation? If so did you use Wii Banner Player that I linked here before.

I had some idea, as now CFG is able to know what cIOS are installed, isn't there any way (based on gamelist) to launch certain games automatically with proper IOS.

Let me explain: most game would use default IOS, but games with peripheral USB hardware would use IOS with base 56 or 37.

Example:

Note: my list of example might be a little bit wrong, it's based on what I know, but it probably improved since.

And the user won't have to set it up himself, CFG would do the job automatically. And if the cIOS isn't installed it will boot with default one but before booting it would display some message "you should install IOS 57" (or so).

(Or better it would automatically download and install missing cIOS, but there are other homebrew for that.)

I know that your to-do list already is huge, but let me know what you think of this.
We won't be telling you what it is until it's done. It's not Wii Banner animations, though. The code from that player you linked hasn't been ported to the Wii (as far as I know) and it would probably be very difficult to get it running there. As for the IOS choices, there are several problems. Firstly, we have no way of detecting which games need alternate features, so that would need some sort of database managed by a trusted source (which simply doesn't exist right now and we don't have the will or time to maintain one ourselves). Secondly, it would require an IOS check each time you start a game to see what you have installed (because you could have changed it since the last time, unbeknownst to Cfg). That check takes time and we wouldn't want to needlessly add it to the start-up time of those that know what they are doing. Thirdly, everything often changes each time we get a new IOS revision from Waninkoko. We get new bases, some games stop working on bases they worked on before and so on. Trying to keep things up t date with so many variables is too ambitious.

panmusic

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Dr.Clipper how possible is it for USB Loaders to improve their compatibility for games such as CoD 3 or Splinter Cell DA?Is there any way for a solution or noone cares for these old games?

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
those games use IOS reloading, its all handled in the CIOS and from what I've heard from Waninkoko, its not possible to block on USB. He did do it on disc though. If Waninkoko found a way to block it on disc, be assured that he would have found a way from USB too.

zizer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
panmusic said:
Dr.Clipper how possible is it for USB Loaders to improve their compatibility for games such as CoD 3 or Splinter Cell DA?Is there any way for a solution or noone cares for these old games?

you can use for these games uneek+di

panmusic

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Thanks for your replies.I am aware of that these games can run with uneek+di.I was only curious how possible is to make them run with loaders...

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
cfg v66a (alpha)
cfg66a.dol
cfg66a-222.dol
lang66a.zip
(or online update)
Changes:

cfg v66a (alpha)
* Added detection of cios r21-d2x-v1 (thanks kamiro04)
* Updated libfat to 1.0.9
* ntfs-3g 2011.1.15 / libntfs-wii r7 (thanks Dimok)
* new option: gui_pointer_scroll = 0, [1]
disable/enable pointer scrolling of the game list
* cleanups

Can someone test if d2x v1 gets recognized?
And also can someone prepare ios hashes for d2x v2 and v3?
(it's enough if only for slot 249, as 250 will get calculated automatically)

kamiro04

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
oggzee said:
And also can someone prepare ios hashes for d2x v2 and v3?
Here it goes (all installed via ModMii):

CODEcIOS249[37]-v21d2x2.wad
# CFG 66a Fri Mar 11 16:59:51 2011
IOS249, {0x00475dce, 0x81a744dd, 0xf24157e4, 0x870fa3d8, 0xfc39fa8a}, r21 Base: ??

cIOS249[38]-v21d2x2.wad
# CFG 66a Fri Mar 11 17:02:02 2011
IOS249, {0x00711af6, 0x017c48d4, 0xea0267d3, 0x1666600b, 0x38a8fe16}, r21 Base: ??

cIOS249[56]-v21d2x2.wad
# CFG 66a Fri Mar 11 17:05:00 2011
IOS249, {0x00815782, 0x8604fe34, 0x474653b5, 0xbdbc5651, 0xf43b427a}, r21 Base: ??

cIOS249[57]-v21d2x2.wad
# CFG 66a Fri Mar 11 17:07:50 2011
IOS249, {0x00d8e857, 0x8c96eb52, 0x4d006568, 0x95cf5415, 0xdb7712e8}, r21 Base: ??

cIOS249[37]-v21d2x3.wad
# CFG 66a Fri Mar 11 17:14:50 2011
IOS249, {0x0054e91c, 0xe022e307, 0x26d72e03, 0x53b6e157, 0x42adbe49}, r21 Base: ??

cIOS249[38]-v21d2x3.wad
# CFG 66a Fri Mar 11 17:16:10 2011
IOS249, {0x000bd035, 0xe649cc22, 0x8bf647c5, 0xe0710e6a, 0xd79a5355}, r21 Base: ??

cIOS249[56]-v21d2x3.wad
# CFG 66a Fri Mar 11 17:17:41 2011
IOS249, {0x00b8ca9c, 0x9b4053a3, 0x8de94a72, 0x1192fce5, 0x098e7404}, r21 Base: ??

cIOS249[57]-v21d2x3.wad
# CFG 66a Fri Mar 11 17:19:04 2011
IOS249, {0x00e8e05f, 0x2aa4cd1e, 0x8c8f5529, 0x498f259b, 0xfa41258e}, r21 Base: ??

cIOS249[58]-v21d2x3.wad
# CFG 66a Fri Mar 11 17:20:25 2011
IOS249, {0x0028dbf1, 0x3827be46, 0x28c82eb2, 0x122325c3, 0xc72dbd46}, r21 Base: ??
Edit: just tried v21d2x1 with base 56 and it works, later i'll try with the other bases, thanks!
Edit2: great! tested all v21d2x1 bases and the new v66b with v21d2x2/3 and all works.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As you guys may know, I wanted to run Brawl+. I got annoyed with it, so now I wanna run BBrawl, known also as Balanced Brawl. I got the loader in Stage Builder working, but when it loads, it gets to that red backgrounded version of Gecko(?) and it says to launch via disk. I don't have a disk. How can I do this with USB? I'm so damn close but I don't know how to do it!

jesquinas

Trophies
XP
Country
oggzee,what do you think about a old request:

(2) If you press '1' for selecting the language for a concrete game you can select from a set of languages that actually they arent included in the game (its the same language set for all the games).This is confusing,I think that you must be let choose ONLY between the languages that really the game includes.

Greetings

pplucky

Trophies
XP
Country
oggzee said:
cfg v66b (beta)
cfg66b.dol
cfg66b-222.dol
(or online update)
Changes:

cfg v66b (beta)
* Added detection of cios d2x v2,v3 (thanks kamiro04)
Isn't it an option to include these hashes in some configuration file, so that you don't have to release new versions everytime a new cIOS is launched? That would also allow people to put Cfg USB Loader to recognize older cIOS versions which are also not recognized...

digdug3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
pplucky said:
oggzee said:
cfg v66b (beta)
cfg66b.dol
cfg66b-222.dol
(or online update)
Changes:

cfg v66b (beta)
* Added detection of cios d2x v2,v3 (thanks kamiro04)
Isn't it an option to include these hashes in some configuration file, so that you don't have to release new versions everytime a new cIOS is launched? That would also allow people to put Cfg USB Loader to recognize older cIOS versions which are also not recognized...

I also gave this option a while ago. Just updating a single file, like title.txt, is much easier than updating the whole program. Only problem is, someone has to maintain this file.
I believe modmii already has some db for this. No sure though.

Jabe

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Dr. Clipper said:
Jabe said:

Example:

We won't be telling you what it is until it's done. It's not Wii Banner animations, though. The code from that player you linked hasn't been ported to the Wii (as far as I know) and it would probably be very difficult to get it running there. As for the IOS choices, there are several problems. Firstly, we have no way of detecting which games need alternate features, so that would need some sort of database managed by a trusted source (which simply doesn't exist right now and we don't have the will or time to maintain one ourselves). Secondly, it would require an IOS check each time you start a game to see what you have installed (because you could have changed it since the last time, unbeknownst to Cfg). That check takes time and we wouldn't want to needlessly add it to the start-up time of those that know what they are doing. Thirdly, everything often changes each time we get a new IOS revision from Waninkoko. We get new bases, some games stop working on bases they worked on before and so on. Trying to keep things up t date with so many variables is too ambitious.

Thanks for your answer, I understand better now.
Indeed some external database would be needed, maybe some extended WiiTDB.
When I thought about this option I forget to mention that it would be launched by user himself and not automatically (so it won't slow down CFG). It would be useful if user isn't able to launch some game, instead of asking the question ever and ever again on boards, it would press 1 see the "Search for best ciOS for this Game" or some shorter sentence. Then it would save best choice (without having to press 2).
I know trying to keep things up to date would be hard with new bases, but it could be someone else maintaining it, and it could be usefull for every loader.

Anyway, I can't wait to see what option you're working on. How long would be this secret kept?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Not your $400 car cover :ohnoes:
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There you go, thinking with your "dickhead"
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    some day the wind will blow so hard it'll rip in half
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I think in big inches
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @realtimesave Can you sew it back together? Or is it not worth trying.
    nah sewing it will make it come apart more :)
    that one is pretty old
    the one on my mercedes is a couple years old. these things don't last very long at all
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you near sea/salt water, or in general they just don't last. Sounds like if you driving a mercedes, you need a garage. I get snow n ice here so nothing worse than clearing that shit off at 6am rushing to get to work.
    I'm a few miles away from the salt water
    +1
    ya I would garage it if there was room in the garage for a car :|
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Immigrants took over your garage? I hate those
    swatters. Or is it Kilos waiting to be picked up by Carlos. Lol jk
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Too bad Hitler didn't make camps for immigrants oh wait
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Isn't the latest method for slim like self right?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Like a 1 wire mod?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still two wire with resistor if you don't count the 7 wire pc probes cause hardware likes a good probing
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    2 wires left on motherboard, 7 temp soldered to a flasher, then removed after flashed
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Technically don't even have to remove it could just keep it on
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't really mess with hard mods due to neuro issues
    I tried to get a slim on a black friday once, but they ran out of stock for the $100 one
    many ages ago
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can find them $50-75 nowdays if catch a deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still remember grabbing this ps4 slim on black Friday for $200 when the msrp was still around 300
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Still remember grabbing this ps4 slim on black Friday for $200 when the msrp was still around 300 +1