Hacking Configurable USB Loader

bobthebigbat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
FIX94 said:
Direct download link:
USBLoaderCFG - UCXF - IOS58 v2.wad (right click - save as)
I know I posted this problem before, but I can't figure out how it could be my setup rather than a problem with the forwarder.
I have CFG Version 60 on my SD card in the folder sd:/apps/usbloader_cfg
I have the base folder eg: settings, covers, themes, etc on my USB hard drive at usb:/usb-loader

When I launch CFG from HBC it shows on the update page App. Path: sd:/apps/usbloader_cfg
When I launch CFG from system menu with "CFG USB Loader - DCFG" forwarder it shows on the update page App. Path: sd:/apps/usbloader_cfg
When I launch CFG from system menu with "USBLoaderCFG - UCXF - IOS58 v2" forwarder it shows on the update page App. Path: sd:/apps/usbloader

Why do the other launch methods work correctly when this forwarder doesn't? Perhaps you could make a new forwarder based on the code from the DCFG forwarder.
If it does improve load times I would love to use it, but I want to keep my App. Path as it is so as not to confuse it with other usb loaders.
If there are any debug logs or syschecks I could do to help just say so. I'm keen to get this working, thanks.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
bobthebigbat said:
FIX94 said:
Direct download link:
I know I posted this problem before, but I can't figure out how it could be my setup rather than a problem with the forwarder.
I have CFG Version 60 on my SD card in the folder sd:/apps/usbloader_cfg
I have the base folder eg: settings, covers, themes, etc on my USB hard drive at usb:/usb-loader

When I launch CFG from HBC it shows on the update page App. Path: sd:/apps/usbloader_cfg
When I launch CFG from system menu with "CFG USB Loader - DCFG" forwarder it shows on the update page App. Path: sd:/apps/usbloader_cfg
When I launch CFG from system menu with "USBLoaderCFG - UCXF - IOS58 v2" forwarder it shows on the update page App. Path: sd:/apps/usbloader

Why do the other launch methods work correctly when this forwarder doesn't? Perhaps you could make a new forwarder based on the code from the DCFG forwarder.
If it does improve load times I would love to use it, but I want to keep my App. Path as it is so as not to confuse it with other usb loaders.
If there are any debug logs or syschecks I could do to help just say so. I'm keen to get this working, thanks.
This is strange... and you are sure that you don't have a usbloader folder?
If you don't have one, try this:
USBLoaderCFG - UCXF - IOS58 v3.wad (right click - save as)

bobthebigbat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
FIX94 said:
This forwarder had the same result, still shows App. Path: sd:/apps/usbloader
I don't have an apps/usbloader on either sd or usb. Definitely doesn't exist.
Does it matter that I'm running System Menu 4.2E and not 4.3E?

Syscheck
IOS58 (rev 6175): No Patches
IOS249 (rev 20): Trucha Bug NAND Access USB 2.0

Just tried with IOS58 (rev 6176) = same results.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
bobthebigbat said:
FIX94 said:
This forwarder had the same result, still shows App. Path: sd:/apps/usbloader
I don't have an apps/usbloader on either sd or usb. Definitely doesn't exist.
Does it matter that I'm running System Menu 4.2E and not 4.3E?

Syscheck
IOS58 (rev 6175): No Patches
IOS249 (rev 20): Trucha Bug NAND Access USB 2.0

Just tried with IOS58 (rev 6176) = same results.
It doesn't matter which version you have, I would say that's a strange error with tantric's forwarder source, I redownloaded the latest version and modded it again for v3, but still the same result...

Yakult

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
oggzee said:
Yakult:

Thanks for the screenshots. I will try to fix it.
A few more questions:
1. Which tools did you use to create the partitions?
2. Can you provide me with a dump of the first couple of sectors, I would like to examine them.
If you're a linux user then do:
dd if=/dev/sdc of=dump.dat bs=512 count=100
that will dump the first 100 sectors which should be 50kb of data.
and then send me the dump.dat
If you're not a linux user then i can try to make a modified version of cfg that can do the dump to sd card...

1. Windows partitioner, I guess. It's been a while. Or 'Partition Wizard Home Edition' I have installed on Windows.
2. Not sure if you want a particular partition (did it on Mac using if=/disk1) so here it is the dump of HDD

http://www.4shared.com/file/zUvyOte0/dump.html

Regards

Dochog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am looking to change out my drive for my Wii. I see the newer cfg loader updates allow better use of NTFS. I have been using a FAT partition. Is it better to be using a NTFS partition? Pro's or con's to one vs the other?

Thanks

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
nqpnkj.jpg

TyRaNtM

I did some projects..
Trophies
Website
www.power-ups.net
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I tried using a clean rip of Brawl (using my own disc) in a NTFS partition.
All works fine, except one thing: Masterpieces.

With "normal" rips, the game exit to Wii Menu, with a clean rip, the screen freezes (black screen).
What will be the issue?

Dochog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the info on FAT Vs NTFS.

One other question. I have been using forwarder that was posted on the first page for some time now. I am running everything off my FAT drive and have NO SD card in my wii. The first time I start the channel the screen stays blank and then the wii menu comes back on. I hit start a second time the the CFG USB loader runs and I can play my wii games. When I hit the home button and go back to the wii menu after playing a game and start the forwarder again everything works great.

It seems like when I first turn on the wii, I have to hit the forwarder twice for it to work. I have a MY Book 1.5 TB hard drive. Would having a SD card solve this problem? Any reason as to why its doing this?

Thanks

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
np!

thats happening because your hard drive is woken up the 1st time u launch the channel, and its taking too long to fully 'wake up', but the 2nd time u launch it, ur good 2 go

if u install FIX94's new channel from a page or 2 back in this thread, that may work better since it is USB2.0 enabled (IOS58 required)

but if u were to use an SD card in addition to your hard drive, it would also solve your problem

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Yakult said:
1. Windows partitioner, I guess. It's been a while. Or 'Partition Wizard Home Edition' I have installed on Windows.
2. Not sure if you want a particular partition (did it on Mac using if=/disk1) so here it is the dump of HDD
http://www.4shared.com/file/zUvyOte0/dump.html
Regards
Exactly what i wanted to see, thanks.
I'll prepare a fix.
But have another question, can other wii homebrew access your fat partition on usb fine?
Are you able to run apps from it in HBC and access it with wiixplorer for example?
Because judging from libfat source, even other wii homebrew apps might have trouble accessing it.

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
FIX94 said:
Hey all, I updated the USBLoaderCFG Forwarder R3 by Narolez!
-Now using IOS58 for USB 2.0 speed
wink2.gif

-The design is untouched
-Only 1MB
-Start "apps/usbloader_cfg/boot.dol" or "apps/usbloader/boot.dol" from USB or SD
-The file can be on a FAT32 or NTFS parition (untested)
Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/?461icx969ccw2ff
If the download link above doesn't work, try this direct one:
CRC32 is B9CDDBFF.
I used Tantric's WiiMC forwarder source, thanks to him!

Has anyone tested this forwarder on an NTFS formatted drive without the use of an SD card? (Using the older UCXF forwarder, if a SD card is not present it will refuse to launch the cfg loader from NTFS formatted drives, only FAT32 works)

What's the advantage of using IOS58 for a forwarder?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Bloodlust said:
Has anyone tested this forwarder on an NTFS formatted drive without the use of an SD card? (Using the older UCXF forwarder, if a SD card is not present it will refuse to launch the cfg loader from NTFS formatted drives, only FAT32 works)

What's the advantage of using IOS58 for a forwarder?
I tested it now, and the app path is sd:/apps/usbloader! This is strange.... I don't have a sd card! The correct app path is ntfs:/apps/usbloader_cfg! I tried to run an update and I got a code dump...
IOS58 has USB 2.0, the forwarder is faster with it.

ConJ

The Toker
Trophies
Website
xat.com
XP
Country
Hey guys. Just a quick question, should be an easy one for you guys.
wink.gif

Can I use a 1TB drive formatted in WBFS without problems?

Or to put it another way, is there a limit on drive size for CFG?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, it wasnt aimed at you but ok