XP
Country
Germany
goku1980 said:
@ clipper & the crew

I was just woundering cfg is almost a year old rite?,
So why no love from hb browser??? If I'm not mistaken I think
Hb browser has uload.?.

no. most cios related apps are banned vom wiibrew and usbloader were never hosted there afaik.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thats alright it has the update function built in. HBB was a cool idea, but not really useful. all the apps have update feature built in.

i was just thinking about how great CFG is, will there ever be a final version. like will it reach perfection. how much more is left? really? im sure there are some tiny adjustments to be made, its tough to get perfect code.

what else can be done with loaders?

goku1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i figure most of us use 222 and they have it posted for wiimc.
i was just on hb browser this morning looking for cool new apps and it was just a noticed that one of the best apps for the wii wasnt on there .

side note one more till 500 posts

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have noticed something and I don't know if it's a cIOS, IOS base or a loader problem:
I'm playing with cIOS249 v20 base 56 and the controlls are lagging sometimes. It was not very much in the most games, but now with trackmania it's really often... I tried it with hermes cIOS222 v4 base 38 merged 37 and the controls are working fine.
Someone else with this problem???

afdude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is it possible to use cfg usb loader so that when you hit the home button while inside a game, that when it exits it goes back into the cfg loader menu? Instead of going back to wii main menu? I cant seem to find a setting in global settings, or maybe there isnt one?

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
afdude said:
is it possible to use cfg usb loader so that when you hit the home button while inside a game, that when it exits it goes back into the cfg loader menu? Instead of going back to wii main menu? I cant seem to find a setting in global settings, or maybe there isnt one?
You want to use the return_to_channel option. Set its value to the ID of your Cfg forwarder channel. If you don't have a forwarder channel, you can follow these instructions to install the DCFG one.

T

TheRealVisitor

Since the great devolopment of CFG v0.60 and its ntfs support I have a question. Are there any games known not to run properly as .wbfs files on a ntfs partition? I plan to change my hdd and wanted to use it with the ntfs filesystem for other files to.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
TheRealVisitor said:
Since the great devolopment of CFG v0.60 and its ntfs support I have a question. Are there any games known not to run properly as .wbfs files on a ntfs partition? I plan to change my hdd and wanted to use it with the ntfs filesystem for other files to.
I have everything on a ntfs parition as .wbfs files and all my games are working.

Dogbert8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FIX94 said:
I have noticed something and I don't know if it's a cIOS, IOS base or a loader problem:
I'm playing with cIOS249 v20 base 56 and the controlls are lagging sometimes. It was not very much in the most games, but now with trackmania it's really often... I tried it with hermes cIOS222 v4 base 38 merged 37 and the controls are working fine.
Someone else with this problem???
YES! I'm definitely experiencing the same problem. Here's what I posted over at NeoGAF about it:

====================

I'm having an odd problem with my Wii. I've been playing Twilight Princess over the last week, and the controls have been less than perfect. Basically, sometimes they just intermittently cut out for half a second. Despite this, the Wii never thinks the connection is lost (i.e. no warning about no remote in sync). First I thought it was my Nunchuk, then maybe my Remote once I realized it was more than just the Nunchuk. Eventually I got out the TP disc and tried playing it directly off the disc, and the problem disappeared, which leaves USB loading as the culprit.

As far as I know, this is not happening with other games. I just finished Other M without noticing any problem, and tested SMG2 after I noticed the problem just to be extra sure (back when I thought it was the stick that was the problem). I even tried deleting TP from my hard drive and reinstalling, but no dice. It can't be my disc because the disc itself works fine.

I can keep running off the disc, but I really like USB loading and don't want to give it up.

I'm using IOS249 (Rev 20b, merged with IOS56). I've tried both CFG v58a and v60 and still get the same problem.

====================

I don't know whether the problem is with CFG or the IOS, but at this point I'm convinced it's one of them.

Any thoughts from the CFG team on this?

Update: Following FIX94's advice, I've switched back to cIOS222 and found the problem isn't present with that cIOS. I'd still like to know what's causing it, as cIOS249 is still under development and I may want/need to switch back to it at some point...

jjdavola

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
You want to use the return_to_channel option. Set its value to the ID of your Cfg forwarder channel. If you don't have a forwarder channel, you can follow these instructions to install the DCFG one.

How does a n00b do that?
blush.gif

mitchmalibu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Using the latest v60 build, I can no longer use my wbfs partition. I use a usb hdd with 2 partitions : the first one is a 16gb fat32 for my xbox 360, the rest of the hdd is a wbfs partition. Until build v59, I have absolutely no problems loading my backups, but v60 gives me the following error message :

invalid partition : "wbfs1".

CUL is great, but I'll stick to v59 until this is fixed (unless there is something wrong on my end, hdd configuration wise).

bodean

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Forgive my n00b question, but how do I create a channel for this from my wii main menu? With USB Loader GX, I have a channel that I click on, and it takes me right into the app. Probably an obvious answer, and maybe I overlooked it in the FAQ, but can't figure it out. Thanks.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
bodean said:
Forgive my n00b question, but how do I create a channel for this from my wii main menu? With USB Loader GX, I have a channel that I click on, and it takes me right into the app. Probably an obvious answer, and maybe I overlooked it in the FAQ, but can't figure it out. Thanks.
You need to install a forwarder wad:
http://gbatemp.net/t147638-configurable-usb-loader?#5
I don't know which one is the best, I'm using the Universal Forwarder Channel.

bodean

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
FIX94 said:
bodean said:
You need to install a forwarder wad:
http://gbatemp.net/t147638-configurable-usb-loader?#5
I don't know which one is the best, I'm using the Universal Forwarder Channel.

Thanks, not sure which would be best either.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Dogbert8 said:
I don't know whether the problem is with CFG or the IOS, but at this point I'm convinced it's one of them.
I suspect the problem is with the IOS.
Either try cios 249 with some other base.
Or try cios 222...

QUOTE(mitchmalibu @ Sep 25 2010, 04:26 PM) Using the latest v60 build, I can no longer use my wbfs partition. I use a usb hdd with 2 partitions : the first one is a 16gb fat32 for my xbox 360, the rest of the hdd is a wbfs partition. Until build v59, I have absolutely no problems loading my backups, but v60 gives me the following error message :

invalid partition : "wbfs1".

CUL is great, but I'll stick to v59 until this is fixed (unless there is something wrong on my end, hdd configuration wise).
Can you go to select partition selection screen, make a screenshot and post it here?

Dogbert8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oggzee said:
Dogbert8 said:
I suspect the problem is with the IOS.
Either try cios 249 with some other base.
Or try cios 222...
I tried cIOS222 (v4) and it works fine. Looks like the problem is either with 249 v20b in general, or the way it interacts with base 56. I'm sticking with 222 for now until the problem can be figured out.

Thanks for the advice!

mitchmalibu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
oggzee said:
Can you go to select partition selection screen, make a screenshot and post it here?

I don't have any way to do a screenshot right now but the listing goes like this (__ = nothing):

v59

P#1 16.60 FAT1 __ __
P#2 97.89 WBFS1 __ __

v60

RAW 0.00 FAT1 usb: __

both partitions are primary ones.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
mitchmalibu said:
I don't have any way to do a screenshot right now but the listing goes like this (__ = nothing):
v59
P#1 16.60 FAT1 __ __
P#2 97.89 WBFS1 __ __

v60
RAW 0.00 FAT1 usb: __

both partitions are primary ones.
Very interesting.
smile.gif

What tools did you use to create the partitions and format them?
Could you send me the mbr (first) sector of that drive for inspection?
I'm not sure what tool would be the best for you to use, but for example on linux you would use:
dd if=/dev/sdc of=mbr.dat bs=512 count=1
I don't know a windows equivalent, if anyone knows, please jump in.

TeconMoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey there, you probably get this a lot but I just love how far you guys taken this loader
smile.gif
i've played a few smaller games on wbfs formatted flash drives but I finally got an external hard drive and I'm ready to go to town
ohmy.gif

My hard drive is formatted to ntfs, and I can load games onto it fine using wbfs_file.exe to convert all the isos to wbfs files, but installing games to the hard drive from the wii doesn't work. I saw in the bug fix thing for v60 that this was supposedly fixed, so is it just my hard drive being iffy or another random issue?

Thanks!

61994_155183167835217_100000306053956_341033_2472208_n.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: as to you