Tsunii

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hackotedelaplaque said:
I think I have found a (good) request (at least for me).
I wish USBLoaderCfg give you the ability to automaticaly delete covers if the game has been removed from HDD.

Like most euro users, I often use NTSC isos before the game is released here, then I switch to PAL version and remove the NTSC one to make room.
But my sd card is messed up with ntsc and pal covers and I have to remove them manually.

Ogzze, Dr Clipper, could you add this option "delete covers if gameid is not found in hdd" ?

Thanks.
i'd also like to see something like this implemented in one of the next releases since it takes quite some time to sort out the covers that arent needed anymore

axeloco69

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hey, I have a problem loading "Runaway the dream of the turtle" can anybody tell me how can I run the game? the problems are green screen or black screen, but if I try to load it in PAL, it enters, but my tv doesn't support PAL format, please help me, I really want to play this game in my NTSC wii.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
On the game covers deletion thing, it has a lot of dangerous potential. I think I may add it to the Configurator instead. Would that be enough?

George Dawes

Wanker
Trophies
Website
www.indymedia.org.uk
XP
Country
Chad
The configurator would do (I don't use it, but I can just manually delete the images I don't want), but in the app itself would be better, behind a password if needed. "Clean uneeded files from card/usb" which would delete covers, cheat .txt and .gct, playtime, per-game configuration etc etc for any games no longer on the drive.

malaac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
mattesno1 said:
Hi,

I was wondering if it was possible to use HQ full covers? I love the feature to be able to look at the back of a Box, but it is quite impossible to read the text on it. Also, it would be pretty cool if you were able to zoom in on the back to be able to properly read the text.

Another thing: When you want to start a game and the WiiTDB game details show up the text is cut to fit in the console. It would be nice to be able to scroll the text rather than it beeing cut. If that were possible you could also maintain line breaks from the description, as there would then be virtually unlimited space for text.
I have quite a few SingItStar compilations on my harddrive. It would be nice to be able to read the whole tracklist provided in the description from WiiTDB whith line breaks. (as one example)
You can make it download and use HQ covers by adding:

CODEcover_url_full =
cover_url_full =+ http://wiitdb.com/wiitdb/artwork/coverfullhq/{CC}/{ID6}.png
cover_url_full =+ http://wiitdb.com/wiitdb/artwork/coverfull/{CC}/{ID6}.png

However, the covers will just be slightly more readable at the Wii's resolution. Usptactical has a work in progress that will add a zoom to the GUI, but it might take a while until it is ready.

As for the synopses, I'll have to leave that one for gannon to answer...

Where do you change the url the HQ covers above? Secondly why is their so many invalid PNG images on wiitdb that causes so many missing back covers?

DarkMario616

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, so you can or can't play on FAT32? Someone said that I was wrong for thinking that I couldn't, someone called me a sheep.

XD

Shouldn't it be IMPOSSIBLE because some ISOs are bigger than 4 GB so it's impossible to transfer over to the HDD anyways?

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
malaac said:
Where do you change the url the HQ covers above? Secondly why is their so many invalid PNG images on wiitdb that causes so many missing back covers?
config.txt, like almost all the configurable options. Use the Configurator if you need help or check the info page here.

QUOTE(DarkMario616 @ Jun 9 2010, 12:12 PM) Wait, so you can or can't play on FAT32? Someone said that I was wrong for thinking that I couldn't, someone called me a sheep.

XD

Shouldn't it be IMPOSSIBLE because some ISOs are bigger than 4 GB so it's impossible to transfer over to the HDD anyways?
Yes, you were wrong. You can play any game on FAT32. Games bigger than 4GB are split into two files.

icyrainz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
George Dawes said:
The configurator would do (I don't use it, but I can just manually delete the images I don't want), but in the app itself would be better, behind a password if needed. "Clean uneeded files from card/usb" which would delete covers, cheat .txt and .gct, playtime, per-game configuration etc etc for any games no longer on the drive.

I would love to see that feature. Cleaning obsolete files like covers and configuration files of games that no longer exist on the drive !

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
icyrainz said:
George Dawes said:

I would love to see that feature. Cleaning obsolete files like covers and configuration files of games that no longer exist on the drive !

Sounds like a good idea for lazy goons....
rolleyes.gif

The-Magician

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
George Dawes said:

Yes, lets turn it into another GX filled with crap. Come on it takes me like 20/40 seconds to delete crap from your sd card through ftpii, is that really too long for the most of us ?

davidw89

Trophies
XP
Country
OncleJulien said:
malaac said:
Secondly why is their so many invalid PNG images on wiitdb that causes so many missing back covers?
i think when it says invalid, what it means is missing.
I'm getting so many missing/invalid PNG error when trying to download cover. Thinking that it's not on the server, i promptly go and check it out and wala! the cover image are clearly on the website for some of the games yet cannot be fetched from cfg..

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
davidw89 said:
OncleJulien said:
malaac said:
Secondly why is their so many invalid PNG images on wiitdb that causes so many missing back covers?
i think when it says invalid, what it means is missing.
I'm getting so many missing/invalid PNG error when trying to download cover. Thinking that it's not on the server, i promptly go and check it out and wala! the cover image are clearly on the website for some of the games yet cannot be fetched from cfg..
Please post an example of the ID of the game (you can see it on the options page) and the WiiTDB webpage where you believe the cover you want is.

Fox888

Trophies
XP
Country
Dr. Clipper said:
On the game covers deletion thing, it has a lot of dangerous potential. I think I may add it to the Configurator instead. Would that be enough?

First: A Big THANKS To the CFG loader team for a great update and to Dr. Clipper for all your hard work!!
yaywii.gif

Second: About the remove covers thing. I think its OK to add it to the configurator.( i dont want another buggy usb loader)

George Dawes

Wanker
Trophies
Website
www.indymedia.org.uk
XP
Country
Chad
The-Magician said:
Yes, lets turn it into another GX filled with crap.
cfg is already filled with what you call "crap". It is the loader with about the most options of them all (hence the configurable bit). I don't use 60% of the options already available, I doubt I'd use the clean up option more than once a year, but why not have it? It's clearly useful to a number of people.

QUOTECome on it takes me like 20/40 seconds to delete crap from your sd card through ftpii, is that really too long for the most of us ?
GOOD FOR YOU!! HAVE A MEDAL!! HURR HURR!

Clicking a button takes half a second.

Dunno how you can do it in ftpii though - I mean the configuration data for games is in a text file, so you would have to open it, edit it, delete games no longer on the drive (whilst checking the ID6 to confirm that the game no longer exists) then save the file. You must have m4d sk1llz! Have a cookie to go with your medal.

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The-Magician said:
that not crap, thats housekeeping. although, its not entirely cut from a separate cloth as saves on the sd card, as most people with lots of irrelevant covers on their card/hd probably got them there through piracy. so, on principle, i no longer think this feature is necessary, personally.

QUOTE(The-Magician @ Jun 9 2010, 12:26 AM) Come on it takes me like 20/40 seconds to delete crap from your sd card through ftpii, is that really too long for the most of us ?
if you can comb through your gamelist, then comb through the covers directory structure, and relevant subdirectories, and then further determine based on each game's internal name, what you have and what you no longer need, in 20 to 40 seconds, then whatever business you are in is the wrong one - you should be counting cards in vegas and laughing at us all, as you sit comfortably on piles of ill-gotten money.

The-Magician

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
OncleJulien said:
The-Magician said:
that not crap, thats housekeeping. although, its not entirely cut from a separate cloth as saves on the sd card, as most people with lots of irrelevant covers on their card/hd probably got them there through piracy. so, on principle, i no longer think this feature is necessary, personally.

QUOTE(The-Magician @ Jun 9 2010, 12:26 AM) Come on it takes me like 20/40 seconds to delete crap from your sd card through ftpii, is that really too long for the most of us ?
if you can comb through your gamelist, then comb through the covers directory structure, and relevant subdirectories, and then further determine based on each game's internal name, what you have and what you no longer need, in 20 to 40 seconds, then whatever business you are in is the wrong one - you should be counting cards in vegas and laughing at us all, as you sit comfortably on piles of ill-gotten money.

It doesn't come to your usual narrow mind that there are people that have their stuff on order ? When i throw something away i clean up after it, if that is to difficult for you then my best man i feel sorry for you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ