Hacking Configurable USB Loader

rr20552

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
rr20552 said:
Question?

I have been using cfg loader for a while and now.

Can anyone explain how Profile's / Favorites work (i.e how to set them up, move between them etc) as I now have too many games and need to split them up ideally into separate lists for each of my children.

Any help would be appreciated.

I read the help / configurator and managed to figure out how to setup profile & favorites.

I then re-mapped button '1' to switch to the next profile however it just seems toggle favorites on/off for the current profile and not actually switch profiles?

I can however switch profiles from within global options!

Any got any ideas on what I am doing wrong?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
gizmomelb said:
bug confirmed in 57a:

the 'wbfs' directory is hard coded to lower case. ie: if you have your files in a 'WBFS' directory then none of your games will be found. No idea how long this has been kicking around.

feature request:

loading wiiware / VC games from USB (already proven to be possible, no other loader supports this as yet (so far as I've been able to find anyways)).

thanks for all the great work and a great loader.

Doesn't uloader do it? Adding this feature would take some time that couldn't be used for other stuff. And the big question in this would be which cIOS to use for this, Hermes' or Waninkoko's. While Waninkoko's latest cIOS has serious nand emu bugs that make it unusable.

r3dcat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
gizmomelb said:
bug confirmed in 57a:
the 'wbfs' directory is hard coded to lower case. ie: if you have your files in a 'WBFS' directory then none of your games will be found. No idea how long this has been kicking around.

I am using Configurable USB Loader v57a; 4.0E; Hermes cIOS 222 v4 38 merged 37, FAT32 Partition on a USB hard drive (SATA drive dock) with a 'WBFS' (uppercase) directory and all my games load fine ????

QUOTE(gizmomelb @ Apr 25 2010, 10:41 PM) feature request:
loading wiiware / VC games from USB (already proven to be possible, no other loader supports this as yet (so far as I've been able to find anyways)).

As far as I am aware, work around solution for this at the moment is to create iso forwarders using something like "3 ISO'S Studio" ... see Wiiware, VC and Homebrew Forwarder ISO's, How do I create Homebrew Wiware and VC ISOs forwarder

blazingwolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would this be the topic to ask for suggestions? I have a small request/suggestion for this software and I want to know where to post so the authors can take a look. Thanks.

gizmomelb

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
r3dcat said:
gizmomelb said:
bug confirmed in 57a:

I am using Configurable USB Loader v57a; 4.0E; Hermes cIOS 222 v4 38 merged 37, FAT32 Partition on a USB hard drive (SATA drive dock) with a 'WBFS' (uppercase) directory and all my games load fine ????

Hi r3dcat,

I'm using Configurable USB Loader v57a; 4.1E; Hermes cIOS 222 v4 38 merged 37, Waninkoko's 249 rev 14 and an NTFS Partition on a USB hard drive - fails.

EDIT: I just tried a USB formatted partition and it works if 'wbfs' is lower or upper case. So I'm guessing it may be a cIOS issue, not a CUL issue - my apologies!

r3dcat said:
QUOTE(gizmomelb @ Apr 25 2010, 10:41 PM)
feature request:

As far as I am aware, work around solution for this at the moment is to create iso forwarders using something like "3 ISO'S Studio" ... see Wiiware, VC and Homebrew Forwarder ISO's, How do I create Homebrew Wiware and VC ISOs forwarder

thanks for the info, I'll go check it out.

it'd still be nice to have an 'all in one' though

especailly if you don't want hundreds of channel forwarders
smile.gif

diegom_42

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i had a usb hardrive imation apollo 250gb. The problem is that i have to plug, and unplug the hardrive every time i want to play a game because usb loader blocks on cheking the hardrive. Please Help!
Thank you very much!

Tristar

Trophies
XP
Country
r3dcat said:
gizmomelb said:
feature request:

... and / or Wad2ISO+
wink.gif

greebo

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm using priiloader to autoboot cfg and to return to cfg instead of the system menu and I'm wondering if there's a way to configure cfg to allow me to load the system menu rather than having to go through priiloader. I've tried

button_H = wii_menu

but that just seems to restart cfg.

Thanks for any help!

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
rr20552 said:
I read the help / configurator and managed to figure out how to setup profile & favorites.

I then re-mapped button '1' to switch to the next profile however it just seems toggle favorites on/off for the current profile and not actually switch profiles?

I can however switch profiles from within global options!

Any got any ideas on what I am doing wrong?
The correct line to do that should be: button_1 = profile
Are you sure you have favorites set up for each profile correctly? Have you tried being in favorite-only mode (button 2's default action) when switching profiles?

QUOTE(greebo @ Apr 26 2010, 10:08 PM) I'm using priiloader to autoboot cfg and to return to cfg instead of the system menu and I'm wondering if there's a way to configure cfg to allow me to load the system menu rather than having to go through priiloader. I've tried

button_H = wii_menu

but that just seems to restart cfg.

Thanks for any help!
button_H will only change the method of restart when in the console and gui menus. If you want the menus to return as well, you need to use the home option instead (which will also do the button_h part as well).

You will also need Priiloader v0.4beta or higher for the action to work.

kaligula

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
can you integrate it wiird set on and off in the Gamed conf. from cfg? starts the game with ocarina off, the loader goes in blackscreen. because wiird is with the configurator on.

The loader don´t starts with ocarina off and wiird on. So i must every time make a new config.txt with wiird off.

Or is it easy to make a delete button für the .gec file in the Loader for a game. The loader starts with wiird on and ocarina on, if no .gec file is present.

greebo

Trophies
XP
Country
Dr. Clipper said:
button_H will only change the method of restart when in the console and gui menus. If you want the menus to return as well, you need to use the home option instead (which will also do the button_h part as well).

Awesome, home = wii_menu does exactly what I need.. I'm guessing it's a new option as I couldn't find it anywhere.

Thanks for the help and great app.

Zhelkus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure this has been covered before... about Monster Hunter Tri.

I read through a lot of threads and most of them agree that Hermes 223 is the right choice to run this game. I have v5 running on CFGv57a. For some odd reason the game works fine but at any moment -could be in 10min of after 3hrs of playing- the controls just stop responding and it looks like the game crashes.

This happened to me before when I was playing Brawl -also with Hermes 223 and CFGFv57a- and I had some custom tracks loaded on my SD Card, when on the menu the cursor would stop moving and the custom mp3 also stopped... but the cursor was still animated. Game crash I suppose.

But I don't know why. That's why I wanted to ask this: is this freezing glitch caused by the cIOS or is a glitch caused by the loader? I have most of my cIOSs installed according to this guide:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=212...t&p=2646561

Any help plz? If it's too much explaining could i be pointed to the thread where this was discussed and solved?

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
greebo said:
Dr. Clipper said:

Awesome, home = wii_menu does exactly what I need.. I'm guessing it's a new option as I couldn't find it anywhere.

Thanks for the help and great app.

The home option was changed at exactly the same time as the button_H option was added. In any case, the button_H option should have worked too if home is working. The only thing is that the button_H action only controls what the Home button does during the game lists (both GUI and console versions).

You can actually use this to get two different exit methods on the same button. Adding 'home=restart' followed by 'button_H=wii_menu' would make Cfg restart via Priiloader when you push the Home button in one of the menu screens, but go back to the Wii Menu instead if you push it in the game lists.

QUOTE(Zhelkus @ Apr 27 2010, 05:38 AM)
I'm sure this has been covered before... about Monster Hunter Tri.

I read through a lot of threads and most of them agree that Hermes 223 is the right choice to run this game. I have v5 running on CFGv57a. For some odd reason the game works fine but at any moment -could be in 10min of after 3hrs of playing- the controls just stop responding and it looks like the game crashes.

This happened to me before when I was playing Brawl -also with Hermes 223 and CFGFv57a- and I had some custom tracks loaded on my SD Card, when on the menu the cursor would stop moving and the custom mp3 also stopped... but the cursor was still animated. Game crash I suppose.

But I don't know why. That's why I wanted to ask this: is this freezing glitch caused by the cIOS or is a glitch caused by the loader? I have most of my cIOSs installed according to this guide:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=212...t&p=2646561

Any help plz? If it's too much explaining could i be pointed to the thread where this was discussed and solved?
There are compatibility issues with v5 that cause these random crashes in game for some people. We don't know why this is. Install a v4 version of Hermes with 38 merged with 37 in either the 222 or 223 slot and it will work perfectly.

harmor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Suggestion:
If possible I would like the ability to select a game within Conf. USB Loader and set it as a forwarder channel.

Zhelkus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
There are compatibility issues with v5 that cause these random crashes in game for some people. We don't know why this is. Install a v4 version of Hermes with 38 merged with 37 in either the 222 or 223 slot and it will work perfectly.
Kool! Thx for the quick reply. I'll set it up immediately and give it a try. One question: do I have to remove the IOS22x title with AnyTitleDeleter before reinstalling an older/newer version of it or can I just smash it on top without removing title?

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
harmor said:
Suggestion:
If possible I would like the ability to select a game within Conf. USB Loader and set it as a forwarder channel.
This won't be happening. The potential to brick Wiis is way too high for something that only saves you 5 seconds.

QUOTE(MarioMadness @ Apr 27 2010, 10:43 AM) i would just like to know if there is any support or planned for the implementation of ext2/3/4 support since i would like to see more support for us none windows users

thanx
No. ext2/3/4 is not something oggzee is looking into. The current NTFS implementation is poor enough (although we are going to look into releasing a version with the new NTFS soon) and I don't believe there has been any work done by anyone on a libext for Wii. FAT32 is fine for those without Windows, and is better for those with Windows as well.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tristar said:
r3dcat said:
gizmomelb said:
feature request:

... and / or Wad2ISO+
wink.gif

Second.
This method is excellent, I have used WAD2ISO for all of them and it works great. Thanks for the app man, very nice work.

Loading in USB CFG is basically pointless, we already have a damn good loader for WW/VC off of USB, used Triiforce and wad2iso and you will be all set. it does take quite a bit of work to get all the ~200 wiiware titles in and make covers as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGClRsx0x64