Hacking Configurable USB Loader

girtsn

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a 32 GB usb flash stick from OCZ and a 16GB one from the same manufacturer.
When I try to use 32GB, it hangs on mounting (same problem with WBFS/NTFS/FAT32 formatting).
Says trying to mount -> OK, and freezes with the flash drive reading activity and the DVD blue light flashing.
Same problem with WBFS mode and NeoGamma / other loaders.

Is there something to fix (like splitting in multiple partitions), or the 32GB flash is incompatible with the IOS?
Thanks!

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
zurcuer said:
I'm having a problem loading .wbfs games in a NTFS HDD.

The loader can recognize my games but it just won't start. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance
Have you installed IOS222 and chosen it in the game options for the games?

QUOTE(girtsn @ Dec 24 2009, 09:53 PM) I have a 32 GB usb flash stick from OCZ and a 16GB one from the same manufacturer.
When I try to use 32GB, it hangs on mounting (same problem with WBFS/NTFS/FAT32 formatting).
Says trying to mount -> OK, and freezes with the flash drive reading activity and the DVD blue light flashing.
Same problem with WBFS mode and NeoGamma / other loaders.

Is there something to fix (like splitting in multiple partitions), or the 32GB flash is incompatible with the IOS?
Thanks!
Have you edited config.txt to remove the "device=usb" line or change it to "device=sdhc"? Do the same for settings.cfg as it has priority. Also make sure you are using v50c or v50c-fat.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
goku1980 said:
ok let me understand this right you guys finaly got ntfs working couple of questions
1.is it drag and drop?
2.dose it keep wbfs file size?

You can just copy an ISO on, but it will take 4.7gb.

If you want it to use less space then you'll need to convert to WBFS or sparse scrub the ISO.

zurcuer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dr. Clipper said:
Have you installed IOS222 and chosen it in the game options for the games?

Yes, I have. I've been using it for playing MH3 (JP)
Although I've installed a new cIOS for the mplayer_ce as I am updating to the new NTFS partition. I'm not sure if that caused the problem.

Anyways, I just want to make sure if it's possible to play .wbfs files in a NTFS partition.

Btw, I wanted to use .wbfs to save disk space because I don't know how to reduce the size of the .iso file to the original game file size.
It would be great help if you can also help me with this.

Thank you very much!
Thank you so much more if you could help me further
gbasp.gif

EDIT:

I am getting something like [NTFS] FAT mode only supported with cIOS 222 rev4.. Error Loading EHC Module (-1)

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!
biggrin.gif

pccfatman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LxTrix said:
a suggestion for simple wbfs manager/ wii game manager

sync two hard drives. if hard drive a has games hard drive b doesn't have it will add them and games not on hard drive a will be added

I may add a comparison function to the new app at some point however this is not at the top of my priorities, I will add it to my todo list
smile.gif

Ed

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
zurcuer said:
I am getting something like [NTFS] FAT mode only supported with cIOS 222 rev4.. Error Loading EHC Module (-1)
Then obviously you haven't installed rev4 of Hermes cIOS. Download it here, and install 222 as IOS38 merge 60 and 223 as IOS38 merge 37. MPlayer-CE will still work with it, so no need to worries.

Kleptik

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ello,
Two Questions:

1. Is there a way, when in "Simple" mode to download Game Covers? Hold this button, or that, or some secret way to initiate the download or get into the settings?

2. I think the "Footer" refers to the Bar at the bottom that shows, in text, the name of the game currently selected, and the time, etc.

I can't get it to go away. I've tried Simple = 1 in config.txt and in the theme config.txt. I've tried hide_footer = 1 aswell. No luck. Any help here? I suspect my theme may be over writing it or something. Modifying config.txt in the usbloader root folder should overwrite all, correct?

Envido32

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Argentina
Could you lend me a hand?
I am courrently using USB Loader GX and preaty happy with it, but reading about Configurable USB Loader seems much more interesting, but I have a couple of doubts about it.

Right now my HDD has one big WBFS partition and I was thinking in change it to FAT32 or NTFS with .WBFS or .ISO files (is .cISO suported? any other file format?), but I can't find the diferences, pros and cons of each other.

With USB Loader GX, if you have a FAT32 partition in the HDD you can load all the covers and settings from it, the same can be made with a NTFS partition?

Thanks

goku1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
smf said:
goku1980 said:
ok let me understand this right you guys finaly got ntfs working couple of questions
1.is it drag and drop?
2.dose it keep wbfs file size?

You can just copy an ISO on, but it will take 4.7gb.

If you want it to use less space then you'll need to convert to WBFS or sparse scrub the ISO.
sparse scrub the ISO? wow i missed a lot in 2 months

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Kleptik said:
Ello,
Two Questions:

1. Is there a way, when in "Simple" mode to download Game Covers? Hold this button, or that, or some secret way to initiate the download or get into the settings?

2. I think the "Footer" refers to the Bar at the bottom that shows, in text, the name of the game currently selected, and the time, etc.

I can't get it to go away. I've tried Simple = 1 in config.txt and in the theme config.txt. I've tried hide_footer = 1 aswell. No luck. Any help here? I suspect my theme may be over writing it or something. Modifying config.txt in the usbloader root folder should overwrite all, correct?
1. There is an admin unlock method that will temporarily unblocks all the features blocked by simple. At the game list or GUI, hold 1 for 5-10 seconds until a prompt comes up asking you to enter the password. The default password is B-Up-Down-A-Home-1-2, but you can change it to anything else in config.txt.

2. The footer is the one in the text game list. If you want to remove the text from the GUI screen, set the GUI text colour so that everything is transparent. i.e, set all of gui_text_color, gui_text_shadow, gui_text_outline, gui_text2_color, gui_text2_shadow and gui_text2_outline to "00000000".

jdcomic said:
this is the best program i use

just you need to add on the menu setting

at the ( alt-dol ) the chose for usb

thank you
I don't understand what you mean here. The SD or 1 setting will actually load from wherever the base directory is located, so it will load from the USB drive if the loader is installed there. However, there is absolutely zero need for this method right now. The alternate .dols needed to launch the games are already on the image of the game on the drive and Cfg automatically finds these and allows you to choose them directly. There is currently no game in existence which requires you to have a .dol that can't be loaded via the easy method I just described.

Envido32 said:
Could you lend me a hand?
I am courrently using USB Loader GX and preaty happy with it, but reading about Configurable USB Loader seems much more interesting, but I have a couple of doubts about it.

Right now my HDD has one big WBFS partition and I was thinking in change it to FAT32 or NTFS with .WBFS or .ISO files (is .cISO suported? any other file format?), but I can't find the diferences, pros and cons of each other.

With USB Loader GX, if you have a FAT32 partition in the HDD you can load all the covers and settings from it, the same can be made with a NTFS partition?

Thanks
While you can have your covers stored on NTFS, you can't have the settings and loader installed there. You also can't have the loader automatically install the covers as NTFS drives are read-only right now. With FAT32, you can have everything on the one drive, and if you want to change, it is the most convenient option. Simple instructions to convert to FAT32 can be found here. To put the loader on the FAT32 drive, just see my response to the next question.

QUOTE(viiral @ Dec 25 2009, 06:22 AM)
How to i make it load settings from hdd and not sd card?
Just copy the apps and usb-loader folders from the root of the SD to the root of the FAT partition. Change any references to sd:/ in config.txt and theme.txts to usb:/ as well (although if you are using the default ones, you won't have any sd:/ references). It should be noted that not all drives like having both the games and the loader on the same partition, but most are OK with it.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
viiral said:
Bah.. It just randomly decides if it wants to read the setting files or not >_>
Try using IOS222 if you aren't already. You could also try looking for apps to disable spindown on the drive.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BakerMan needs more expand dong