Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
dacore84 said:
You actually accusing me of piracy? I BOUGHT Wii Sports Resort including the Wii Motion Plus 2 days ago for my hard earned money (I have also bought NSMB). Do you want picture proof or what? I only download games I already bought so I can keep the originals in plastic and use the USB Loader instead because I´m fat and don´t want to loose any weight by moving and changing disc. But if that´s piracy, then fine.
Downloading .ISOs of games you already own is still piracy. The only way that isn't (depending on your location) is making your own backups, which is incredibly easy to do with your own disc and the Wii. Besides, you discussed downloading several different .ISO releases with various regions and patches and so on. You can't blame someone for jumping to conclusions with that.
Well look Dr. Clipper, gbatemp.net clearly, without a fucking doubt, at least in part, caters to so-called pirates. Many mods/admins are clearly, without a fucking doubt, by their own admission, so-called pirates. So, if you want to get all sanctimonious, perhaps this isn't the place for it? I doubt the fucking manuals for the games that people may or may not buy answer any of the questions you get angry about so-called pirates asking repeatedly.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
lol Skizzo, your language is clearly, without a fucking doubt, very mature
wink.gif

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
I have a question for those that tried converting the .wbfs file and wbfs_file printed the error:

ERROR: reading 524288 [32768] from wbfs
Probably corrupted. Use -f to force
or
Possibly corrupted. Use -g to copy only game partition

Do you have a mod-chip installed?

There seems to be at least 1 case where the presence of a modchip resulted in a missing update partition when installed from inside the loader while without the modchip the copy is fine. So I'm starting to suspect that the modchip (or at least some modchips) is somehow interfering with the update partition, but i could be wrong. If anyone has some information in this regard, please let me know.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Skizzo said:
Well look Dr. Clipper, gbatemp.net clearly, without a fucking doubt, at least in part, caters to so-called pirates. Many mods/admins are clearly, without a fucking doubt, by their own admission, so-called pirates. So, if you want to get all sanctimonious, perhaps this isn't the place for it? I doubt the fucking manuals for the games that people may or may not buy answer any of the questions you get angry about so-called pirates asking repeatedly.
It also has some non-pirates, and I reserve my right to decide not to help pirates and proclaim why that is so. Are you seriously saying we shouldn't be allowed to voice our opinions on these issues just because there are pirates here? BTW, I'm not angry at these people, just frustrated with them, so I'll just throw out a backhanded comment every now and again to relieve the tension.

I actually find it quite amusing to get this sort of reaction too. It's always funny seeing people try to justify piracy.

quepaso

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A lot of people pirate, clipper. It is not your fight however. Unless you own stock with these game companys, then no need to be on a crusade against them. Making fun of them is fine tho, just keep it in perspective.

gil21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
gil21 said:
what the diferent between normat boot dol and fat dol
The normal one has "ios=249", "partition=WBFS1" and "hide_hddinfo=0" as defaults; the fat one has "ios=222-mload", "partition=FAT1" and "hide_hddinfo=1". Each is also slightly optimised to load its default IOS first.
so which one i should use i am using cios rev 14 thx

hgage2003

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
If you DONT have ios222, or you launch games from wbfs hdd - then fat dol is useless for you.
If you have ios222 and your games on fat32 hdd in wbfs folder - fat dol will at least load faster (although normal dol will work too, because you have ios249 rev14)

milcoi

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Dr. Clipper said:
Skizzo said:
It also has some non-pirates, and I reserve my right to decide not to help pirates and proclaim why that is so. Are you seriously saying we shouldn't be allowed to voice our opinions on these issues just because there are pirates here? BTW, I'm not angry at these people, just frustrated with them, so I'll just throw out a backhanded comment every now and again to relieve the tension.

I actually find it quite amusing to get this sort of reaction too. It's always funny seeing people try to justify piracy.

Piracy?? in The Netherlands it is legal to download, no matter what, and use it just for your own. Illegal is to upload and share.

back to topic:

mousex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
+1
QUOTE(milcoi @ Nov 24 2009, 03:38 PM) Piracy?? in The Netherlands it is legal to download, no matter what, and use it just for your own. Illegal is to upload and share.

back to topic:
Ehrm? It is not! It's just that the police won't come to you just because you downloaded some games.

wiiuser2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
mousex said:
Dr. Clipper said:
+1
QUOTE(milcoi @ Nov 24 2009, 03:38 PM) Piracy?? in The Netherlands it is legal to download, no matter what, and use it just for your own. Illegal is to upload and share.

back to topic:
Ehrm? It is not! It's just that the police won't come to you just because you downloaded some games.

As a native Dutch I think I am entitled to describe the local laws: downloading of music and movies is legal, even if you do not own the originals. Downloading of software / games is always illegal, even if you own the original software. It is allowed to make a backup copy for your own use of your software from the original disc. To compensate artists for the downloaded movies and music, we pay a tax on every empty CD / DVD / tape. These taxes go to a special foundation which distributes the money to the artists.

The fun will be over in 2-3 years. The government is preparing new legislation which makes free downloading illegal and at the same time quits the tax on empty cd/dvd/tapes (they actually talked about taxing MP3 players, memory sticks and harddisk as well, luckily this discussion stopped with the announcement of the new laws)
With the new law we are back in line with the rest of the European community I guess.

....and continue downloading probably......

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
quepaso said:
A lot of people pirate, clipper. It is not your fight however. Unless you own stock with these game companys, then no need to be on a crusade against them. Making fun of them is fine tho, just keep it in perspective.
i'm fairly sure he can fight whatever fight he wishes to fight, when his weapon is his knowledge and his battlefield is the loader he's helping people operate.

i'm fine with his perspective.

drizzt007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
drizzt007 said:
is it possible to run everything from the USB drive and not need an SD card?

I have it working now but I thought I saw another thread where the guy mentions that HBC isn't necessary, and SD card isn't necessary if you have another partition(FAT) on the USB hard drive aside from the WBFS partition.

I thought I'd still need to install HBC and then install the forwarder so I can get the loader to show up as USB channel. Is this right ?
There are multiple ways to do this.

First, HBC doesn't need an SD card. It can read FAT partitions just fine. Copy over your /apps and /usb-loader directories and it should work (if it doesn't your drive may not be compatible with this method).

An alternative is to use the Universal Forwarder (or the hybrid) channel from the first post. You will need to do the same copies of directories to the drive mentioned in the previous case, but Cfg must either be in "/apps/usbloader" or "/apps/usbloader_cfg". I might have those directories wrong, but they are listed in the release notes of the forwarder.

A third method is to use the .dol included with the Universal Forwarder package as an autoboot from Preloader. Again, you will need to copy the directories into the specified locations.

hey DR. Clipper,

I tried copying the files over to the FAT partition on the drive but it didn't work.

when I try to launch Configurable USB loader , it says " Error : couldn't open file" , I'm guessing I put something in the wrong place.

also, you said I don't need the SD card for HBC , but every time I try to launch HBC , it automatically says loading SD card. Do I need to set something to get it to load from the FAT partition ?
other than copying the APPS and USB folder to the hard drive?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
does anyone have any idea how to create a channel loader (preferably compatible with Wiicrazy's "CRAP") that can create game specific channels which load from a FAT32 formatted hard drive, but does not have a splash screen like the current loader?

In other words, do you have any ideas how to make channels that load .wbfs games from a FAT hard drive, but that go directly from a black screen to the game?

This is probably the only thing holding me back from converting my library to .wbfs format

thx!

C

CasperH

milcoi said:
Dr. Clipper said:
Skizzo said:

Piracy?? in The Netherlands it is legal to download, no matter what, and use it just for your own. Illegal is to upload and share.

back to topic:
You've got that wrong, downloading movies and music is legal. Downloading software (games) illegal, no matter what.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
xflak40 said:
does anyone have any idea how to create a channel loader (preferably compatible with Wiicrazy's "CRAP") that can create game specific channels which load from a FAT32 formatted hard drive, but does not have a splash screen like the current loader?
In other words, do you have any ideas how to make channels that load .wbfs games from a FAT hard drive, but that go directly from a black screen to the game?
This is probably the only thing holding me back from converting my library to .wbfs format
thx!
At the moment it's not possible but i will probably make that possible in the next version.
I'm just not sure if that should be the default or a parameter that crap could pass to the loader...

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
drizzt007 said:
Dr. Clipper said:
drizzt007 said:
is it possible to run everything from the USB drive and not need an SD card?

I have it working now but I thought I saw another thread where the guy mentions that HBC isn't necessary, and SD card isn't necessary if you have another partition(FAT) on the USB hard drive aside from the WBFS partition.

I thought I'd still need to install HBC and then install the forwarder so I can get the loader to show up as USB channel. Is this right ?
There are multiple ways to do this.

First, HBC doesn't need an SD card. It can read FAT partitions just fine. Copy over your /apps and /usb-loader directories and it should work (if it doesn't your drive may not be compatible with this method).

An alternative is to use the Universal Forwarder (or the hybrid) channel from the first post. You will need to do the same copies of directories to the drive mentioned in the previous case, but Cfg must either be in "/apps/usbloader" or "/apps/usbloader_cfg". I might have those directories wrong, but they are listed in the release notes of the forwarder.

A third method is to use the .dol included with the Universal Forwarder package as an autoboot from Preloader. Again, you will need to copy the directories into the specified locations.

hey DR. Clipper,

I tried copying the files over to the FAT partition on the drive but it didn't work.

when I try to launch Configurable USB loader , it says " Error : couldn't open file" , I'm guessing I put something in the wrong place.

also, you said I don't need the SD card for HBC , but every time I try to launch HBC , it automatically says loading SD card. Do I need to set something to get it to load from the FAT partition ?
other than copying the APPS and USB folder to the hard drive?

homebrew will try to access your sd card first, if one is not inserted in your wii, it will attempt to load via a fat32 hard drive (if inserted)

EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I just converted all my games to .wbfs to put onto a FAT32 drive and I'm really happy with how things are working. Is there any way to get Metroid Prime Trilogy's Prime 3 alt dol to work? I read the following in the CFG tutorial:
QUOTE said:
Metroid Prime Trilogy doesn't work.
You'll need to use the alternate .dol method to play the games. You will also need Hermes' IOS222/223 to install MPT and play MP3 due to the dual layer bug in IOS249 rev 14.

From this I'm assuming that Metroid Prime 3 isn't compatible with CFG-FAT because you can't use ISO249. Am I correct?

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
EeZeEpEe said:
I just converted all my games to .wbfs to put onto a FAT32 drive and I'm really happy with how things are working. Is there any way to get Metroid Prime Trilogy's Prime 3 alt dol to work? I read the following in the CFG tutorial:
QUOTE said:
Metroid Prime Trilogy doesn't work.
You'll need to use the alternate .dol method to play the games. You will also need Hermes' IOS222/223 to install MPT and play MP3 due to the dual layer bug in IOS249 rev 14.

From this I'm assuming that Metroid Prime 3 isn't compatible with CFG-FAT because you can't use ISO249. Am I correct?
Wrong...actually, it's the Opposite...it works with IOS222/223. As far as I know, there are even no different compatibilties between Wanins and Hermes cIOS...but don't quote me on that...
unsure.gif

Cyman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pccfatman said:
Yet another update to Simple WBFS File Manager to version 2.2.0.0

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KBK06WQ2

Added yet more error checking
Added re-split .wbfs to/from 4gb/2gb
Added option to delete .iso/.wbfs files
Added option to delete games from WBFS partition
Added region display for .wbfs, .iso, and WBFS partition games (16 known region codes, anything else is displayed as Other)
Added option to create 2gb/4gb split .wbfs from .iso
Added some error message display for certain items if they fail
Added confirmation prompts for delete and re-split functions
Added titles.txt download and use to display titles
Added a spiffy splash screen
smile.gif

Fixed bug in the create info file routine that would fail if there was a space in the directory name
Fixed minor non-critical errors such as incorrect spelling
Changed some wording in certain menus to be more clear
Fixed stupid error where an error message would pop up behind the program and could not be clicked

A few other minor things i'm too tired to remember
smile.gif

Still to come, multi-file processing. So you can extract/convert multiple games with one command. Yes I know its a pain to work with one file at a time, I'm working on it
smile.gif

Could anyone mirror the file please? I can't download it - keep getting errors during the download!
Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: