Hacking Configurable USB Loader

thiagofera

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So, I have a sata to usb converter and most of my games runs normaly, but some games like minininjas and okami does freeze and make a strange noise, I use cios 249 rev 10, what shoud i do?

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
i havent been keeping up with the loader it a few days, just updated to 44b and got a quick question.....during transition from console and gui view its very slow/stuttery, anyone know how to fix this?

thanks

Nurio

That Kirby fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey everyone. I'm having a bit of trouble with Configurable USB Loader. It has probably been addressed in this topic, but I really can't scout through 260 pages for the answer. Sorry.

In any case, oftentimes when I start Configurable USB Loader I only get to see a black/grey horizontally striped background with only the text "Configurable USB Loader" and the On-Off Switch logo. It hangs at that.
I have both IOS249 rev 14 and Hermes' IOS222 installed. I am using cfg v43. My Wii's OS is 3.2E. I am using a 160 GB HDD, connected to the Wii with an IDE to USB2.0 converter. The SD card I'm using is one of 512 MB, formatted to FAT32. I of course have the usb-loader folder on the SD card with all the files in it.

I used G-Parted Live to create an unformatted partition on my HDD. I used the whole 160 GB. Then when I first tried to boot CFG, I got the error mentioned above. I then recalled I had to give my HDD a flag "boot", so I did just that with G-parted Live. And yes, it actually worked after that. I formatted the partition to WBFS and installed all my games and played a little bit, and it worked perfectly. The next day, the same problems arises again. I can't start up CFG... I tried everything I can think of.

I pulled out the SD card before it loaded. If I did that, I could choose to mount either the SD card or the external USB device. If I choose to load the external USB device, the program hangs.
I also just tried to boot it without the HDD connected. If I do that, the program seems to boot normally. It wants to mount something (with a timeout of 30 seconds). After 30 seconds have passed, the Wii reboots. If I reconnect the HDD within these 30 seconds, the program hangs again.
When I look at the HDD with G-Parted Live, I see it still has the flag "boot". Just to be sure, I re-applied the flag "boot", but this didn't solve the problem.

So, does anybody know how to fix this? Is it a faulty HDD? (It used to work perfectly on my computer) Is it a semi-incompatible IDE to USB2.0 converter? (It has always worked just fine when using it on a PC) Are maybe some files corrupted? (Bad Install? Files copied wrongly to the SD card?)

Thanks in advance

EDIT: Here's some additional info.
I followed the guide completely. That means that I didn't skip one step and did exactly what it told me to do. Also, when it hangs, it won't respond to any buttons (duh?), but I can connect the Wiimote to the Wii just fine.

On a slightly unrelated note: I also can't install the newest HBC. I have 1.0.1 right now and when it asks me to update, I say "Yes". It downloads something and then continues to a black screen with white letters. It's some sort of disclaimer. It tells me to Press 1. Everything seems fine, but the thing is... My Wiimotes get disconnected when it shows the disclaimer and there's no way to reconnect them. So, no matter how much I want to, I can't press 1 to continue.

bnm81002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zektor said:
Thank you so much for your help and testing oggzee
smile.gif

Configurable USB Loader Hybrid v44b:

http://sharebee.com/47975643

I was just going to wait until v44 final hit, but it works now and it has been literally weeks working with this thing. MUCH help from Narolez, as well as oggzee. The channel is now as good as I think it'll ever get, with SD and USB forwarding...as well as passing arguments to both the dol you are forwarding to as well as the internal dol. I got sick and tired of using someone else's channel, so I did up my own. It is not animated, it is basic. Love it or hate it. I asked for someone to donate a little time make up a good channel, but I got not a single PM
frown.gif
No big deal tho...I think for the most part it looks decent and serves the purpose. Download and you be the judge
smile.gif

are you going to make a v44 Hybrid Channel or will this be the latest Channel until v45 comes out?

Sacohen9665

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oggzee said:
cfg v44b (beta)

http://sharebee.com/e089a704
(or online update)

QUOTE said:
* Updated ehcmodule for CIOS 222/223 rev4 to uloader 3.0C
* Fixed ios argument from forwarder
* Option: sort_ignore=A,An,The
(sort_ignore=0 for old sort method)
* Show clock in GUI mode if wiimote doesn't point at screen for 5 seconds
* Skip gui transition at start
* changed default: gui_text_outline=FF
* Minor unicode fixes
(cursor=? now possible)

Is there a way to change the clock to 12Hr format rather than 24Hr Military?

What does cursor=? do?

Thanks

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Nurio said:
So, does anybody know how to fix this? Is it a faulty HDD? (It used to work perfectly on my computer) Is it a semi-incompatible IDE to USB2.0 converter? (It has always worked just fine when using it on a PC) Are maybe some files corrupted? (Bad Install? Files copied wrongly to the SD card?)

Thanks in advance

EDIT: Here's some additional info.
I followed the guide completely. That means that I didn't skip one step and did exactly what it told me to do. Also, when it hangs, it won't respond to any buttons (duh?), but I can connect the Wiimote to the Wii just fine.

On a slightly unrelated note: I also can't install the newest HBC. I have 1.0.1 right now and when it asks me to update, I say "Yes". It downloads something and then continues to a black screen with white letters. It's some sort of disclaimer. It tells me to Press 1. Everything seems fine, but the thing is... My Wiimotes get disconnected when it shows the disclaimer and there's no way to reconnect them. So, no matter how much I want to, I can't press 1 to continue.
It could be a faulty hard drive or cable, but try IOS222 as your boot IOS first. Just set IOS=222-mload in your config.txt and see if that aids recognition. If you have a USB flash drive, you can likely test whether the problem is the drive or the SD card for sure by trying to see if you can get it to work with that.

QUOTE(Sacohen9665 @ Sep 27 2009, 06:38 AM) Is there a way to change the clock to 12Hr format rather than 24Hr Military?

What does cursor=? do?

Thanks
There isn't a way to change the clock style at the moment, but I've been pressing oggzee in chat about it. It should be in the next version or the one after.

The "cursor" option lets you change the way the cursor looks in console mode (the one that points to the game/option you have selected). You can now use unicode characters in that option, e.g. cursor = "=?".

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bnm81002 said:
zektor said:
Thank you so much for your help and testing oggzee
smile.gif

Configurable USB Loader Hybrid v44b:

http://sharebee.com/47975643

I was just going to wait until v44 final hit, but it works now and it has been literally weeks working with this thing. MUCH help from Narolez, as well as oggzee. The channel is now as good as I think it'll ever get, with SD and USB forwarding...as well as passing arguments to both the dol you are forwarding to as well as the internal dol. I got sick and tired of using someone else's channel, so I did up my own. It is not animated, it is basic. Love it or hate it. I asked for someone to donate a little time make up a good channel, but I got not a single PM
frown.gif
No big deal tho...I think for the most part it looks decent and serves the purpose. Download and you be the judge
smile.gif

are you going to make a v44 Hybrid Channel or will this be the latest Channel until v45 comes out?

I'll most likely make a v44 final...then v45 after that and so on. I just wanted to get something out there since I have been talking about it long enough
smile.gif

Nurio

That Kirby fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Dr. Clipper said:
It could be a faulty hard drive or cable, but try IOS222 as your boot IOS first. Just set IOS=222-mload in your config.txt and see if that aids recognition. If you have a USB flash drive, you can likely test whether the problem is the drive or the SD card for sure by trying to see if you can get it to work with that.
I added "IOS=222-mload" in my config.txt, but that sadly didn't solve the problem. I will try it out with a USB flash drive soon... Can I try using an external USB HDD or does it have to specifically be a USB flash drive?
Last question, is there some easy way to transfer all my games from my HDD to an external USB HDD? Or do I really need to reinstall them all separately again?

Sacohen9665

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
Sacohen9665 said:
Is there a way to change the clock to 12Hr format rather than 24Hr Military?

What does cursor=? do?

Thanks
There isn't a way to change the clock style at the moment, but I've been pressing oggzee in chat about it. It should be in the next version or the one after.

The "cursor" option lets you change the way the cursor looks in console mode (the one that points to the game/option you have selected). You can now use unicode characters in that option, e.g. cursor = "=?".

Thanks Doc.

I'll keep an eye out for it.

You may want to mention an option to remove the clock as well, for those that may not want it there.

I've been hoping for a power down option on the gui or console, with a soft power down option similar to USB LoaderGX.

Just a thought.

I also noticed that v43 had a feature (or bug) that when you hit the 2 button on the GUI screen (in the Coverflow menu at least) it would take you back to the first game in the list alphabetically. That doesn't happen any more.

Thanks;

dvd-guy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This no answer? I can't get Ghostbusters to run on my Seagate FreeAgent GO 500GB twice with rev14 using Anti-002 ON and Video Patch ALL. I can get it run once with the Wiimote without accessories (nunchuck or motion+), but not a second time. I definitely have rev14 installed, which is suppose to fix this.

dlf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dlf said:
Could I suggest some additions to this? Could we have the option to categorize the games? By like:
  • Genre,
  • Company,
  • Publisher,
  • Date (of release? added?),
  • Times Played,
  • Last played,
  • Size
  • other ideas (that I haven't listed?
Another thing, could we have the option (unless it was stated in an above post) to go back to the homebrew channel OR the Wii-Menu when we press the house button? Could a personal (and or general) rating system work? And the choice to sort games by # of stars?

psyck0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys,

I have a problem: I can't get the mic to work with my games. I HAVE Hermes 222 installed, merged etc to be compatible with Guitar Hero 5. I have 222 selected to use as the default IOS (except for GH5, that has 223 selected, but the mic doesn't work with ANY game). Any help please? I don't think I have the latest 222 installed, but ANY should work, right?

I also get freezes occasionally while playing Rock Band- the game freezes for 5 seconds but then continues. I thought that was supposed to be fixed with 222 as well.

Thanks!!

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
psyck0 said:
Hey guys,

I have a problem: I can't get the mic to work with my games. I HAVE Hermes 222 installed, merged etc to be compatible with Guitar Hero 5. I have 222 selected to use as the default IOS (except for GH5, that has 223 selected, but the mic doesn't work with ANY game). Any help please? I don't think I have the latest 222 installed, but ANY should work, right?

I also get freezes occasionally while playing Rock Band- the game freezes for 5 seconds but then continues. I thought that was supposed to be fixed with 222 as well.

Thanks!!

I used to get those 5 second freezes with v2 of Hermes cIOS. He is on v4 now, and that version does not exhibit and freeze ups for me.

Sacohen9665

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
psyck0 said:
Hey guys,

Thanks!!

What version of the loader are you using?
I was having the same problem with the special 222 version of v43 when I switched back to the normal version and set 222 to load in the config file, it stopped.
I'm running v44b now and when v44 final is released I'm going to try the special 222 version again and see if that cause a problem again or not.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sacohen9665 said:
What version of the loader are you using?
I was having the same problem with the special 222 version of v43 when I switched back to the normal version and set 222 to load in the config file, it stopped.
I'm running v44b now and when v44 final is released I'm going to try the special 222 version again and see if that cause a problem again or not.

The difference between the 222 special v43 and just adding the command to load it in the config.txt is literally no difference at all. If you are having issues, it is most likely caused by using an older version of Hermes cIOS (like the previous poster is doing). As for a new special 222 version, don't hold your breath. With the ability for the loader now to pass arguments I do not think oggzee is going to compile this special version anymore. My hybrid channel allows booting into any of the three cIOS slots (249/222/223) however..

Sacohen9665

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zektor said:
The difference between the 222 special v43 and just adding the command to load it in the config.txt is literally no difference at all. If you are having issues, it is most likely caused by using an older version of Hermes cIOS (like the previous poster is doing).

I have been using v4 of Hermes cIOS 222 since it was release.

QUOTE(zektor @ Sep 26 2009, 09:46 PM) As for a new special 222 version, don't hold your breath. With the ability for the loader now to pass arguments I do not think oggzee is going to compile this special version anymore. My hybrid channel allows booting into any of the three cIOS slots (249/222/223) however..

I have the dol to a previous version of your hybrid channel set in my preloader, if I use your new one how can I get it to automatically choose 222, or do you have to enter a choice?

Thanks;

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sacohen9665 said:
I have the dol to a previous version of your hybrid channel set in my preloader, if I use your new one how can I get it to automatically choose 222, or do you have to enter a choice?

Thanks;

You would have to hold "A" on startup for IOS222, "B" on startup for IOS223, or nothing on startup for IOS249.

Sacohen9665

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zektor said:
Sacohen9665 said:

Thanks;

You would have to hold "A" on startup for IOS222, "B" on startup for IOS223, or nothing on startup for IOS249.

Thanks, I may just leave it the way it is with the ios set in the config.txt.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...